The Music Thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by -cbfs-, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

The white beast strikes again!

Do not f**k w/the dragon ;)

Another STP tour down the drain...

Want to slim down quickly and have six-pack abs? Ride the horse/dragon.

Junky ripped ;)

2. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Aussie bastards :) We interviewed these dudes in 1987, I think. Great band :)

3. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Damn.... 1980s ?

Sort of a Down-Under version of the Romantics.

4. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Again and again and
    here we go again
    Bundeswehr jackets:

Vorwaerts!

5. looseleaf

wow....never thought of 1980s would be "retro" at some point...... time marches on.....f**k.

6. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

In 1972[??] I went on a miserable bastard hunting trip bastard.
    Had a fuck of a time, didn't shoot anything except beer cans and fool hens.
    My grand-dad was a bastard during that bastard hunting bastard trip bastard and I had a thorough bastard of a time.
    Three weeks we were out, well, two out and a week in some fuckin place Nutbush or something, yeah, and some weeks, we were out in the fuckin toolies bein freezin at night, ate by bugs in the daytime or rained on or a couple times, froze bad, fuck. This is BC, okay? You never know what the fuck gonna happen in a October day or night, up in the toolies, nestled into mountains and big god damned rocks and other places, like, where even a bear wouldn't go, well, no. There was bears there.
    Still, badlands, man, badlands. And did I mention it was a real bastard of trip?
    Well, when we pulled outta there, we had a couple days drivin to before we could be home, like. SO, on the way, we stopped in to visit Auntie Mary, Uncle Andy and my four Little Rich Cousins in Nutbush on the shores of lake Gitcheegoome or wherever the fuck.
    Well, never mind me describe the four rich cousins or my uncle and aunt.
    I was downstairs there tryin to get over the bastard trip, see? Just hangin by myself in the downstairs, like. The rumpus room was my stayin place, was mine while we stayed.
    In there was this silver box lookin am/fm stereo receiver type thing.
    I bought these two records in Nutbush, at the music store there and I went back to Auntie, Uncle's and Cousins place to give a listen.
    I pulled the first LP outta it's jacket and placed it ever so lovingly, like, onto the turntable and I plugged in the headphones [italics intended] and I listened to the headphones. I turned it up VERY LOUD.
    And listened to almost all of side one before my Uncle Andy managed to get the door open with a coat hanger in the little hole thing there, got my attention by waving his arms, hollering and then, finally, switching the silver box off and he said to me, he said, "Brad, did you know there is a switch here to turn on or off 'Speakers A,' 'Speakers B' and 'A+B'?"
    The whole bunch of them upstairs dukhabors was hearin this stuff at full power on some kinda fuckin stereo system my oldest of the cousins had gotten, along with the 73[?] Tbird and the nice clothes and the blonde.
    I was the blastin of the whole fuckin cul d'sac nieghborhood type thing even. It was almost as embarrassin as a few days later, when I fell in love with the girl cousin.

This is a song from the album was too fuckin loud. the first song. Ignore the rest of the video, well, maybe.

The other album album, but it didn't go too loud was [ahem] Eagles something something something
    I write about that some other time, maybe.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  7. looseleaf

"Nutbush" ????
    That's funny. Nutbush, TN. Home of Tina Turner!

Damn... and I thought I was the only one who missed the A, B and A+B speaker select knob.... and at the most inopportune time as a guest.... f**k it was a long time ago and I still don't want to remember!

As memory serves, I believe someone screamed out to me something like: "You scared me half-out of my wife!" - that was the translated for PG readers.

Yeah, great song.

Yeah, that song needs to be played loud and is still most relevant today.

Of course, for my nickels I would have gotten a CSN+Y album and cranked it on... but then that was the early 70's...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  8. rudeboy

This is just plain nice.
    A nice story.
    And it is about music. It is about THE music.
    This is charming!!!!!

9. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

10. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

11. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

12. looseleaf

13. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

14. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

like that's any news ;)

I find people arguing about the quality of mp3's and AAC's and CD tracks, and how they can tell the differences, and hear 10Hz sounds etc. quite amusing :)

a quote from the comments on that article:
    "unless you're running that cable like 30ft, the $30 HDMI is just as good (as a more expensive one) Since digital is just 1 and 0, on and off, either the signal will get there or it won't. there's no real degrading."

LOOL :D I mean really, LOOOOL :D

Darn it, someone should tell those network designers that they're doing it all wrong! Fuck reshaping and retiming, let's just pump up the amps and to hell with attenuation :D

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  15. rudeboy

NEW COUNTRY MUSIC!!!
    fuck.
    Where I work, I have to listen to that crap all day. It is called "New Country."
    Listen, I been around, some. I know horse shit when I am being shovelled a load of it and let me say the following:
    New Country Is Crap. It is contrived. Fakery. Made up. Crap. Not worth a pinch of coon shit...
    Like frozen pizzas,
    ANYTHING with a 'Cheese Food Product' in it,
    or work-boots made in India

There is little 'cuntryfied' about 'New Country.' It is merely 1950s style rock n roll with the drummer asleep at the wheel and a bunch of wannabes as an audience, sort of like when koreans rap...
    Why the fuck is it that, when I listen to other genres of music, I cannot usually tell the origins of the singer?
    Like, say, a band from Holland, sings in English. I cannot tell where they are from until someone TALKS, not sings, but talks.
    Yet
    In "New Country" there is a very good chance, better than half, that I can hear, I can pick up, some contrived crap twang, a drawl, worse, a nasal twang, a nasal drawl, like the fuckin singer just has to demonstrate that he or she is a 'country person' and sangs just lak this, yall, cum on down, yall, to gudall Texas, Yeehaw, yall. Yep. Bubba. Yep. YEEHAW.'

I can't stand this shit and I am ready to kill. [well, not really, but I would love to drip molten solder on some radios around my work site]
    Country? I mean the stuff sang a long time ago, before the days of Hank Williams Junior AND HIS CRAP....
    I could handle that, shit. It makes dairy cows contented and did the same to me, but this New Country is CRAP. No cow would drop milk listenin to it.
    CRAP
    CRAP.
    Coke sniffin, sequin wearing, jordache sporting, crumpled up cowboy hat wearing, tight assed little fags dancin around on a stage all a pretty, lookin like girls [Dwight Yokum????? SHOTGUN THAT FUCKER, NOW, Before he breeds!!!!!].
    Fuck. SOme girly lookin fuckhead singin about fightin outside the bar, huntin, fishin and drinkin [WHISKEY, of course], oh and, love songs, endless shit reams of them. And pickup trucks.
    FUCK!

Okay, that's my story and I am sticking to it.

[​IMG]

Okay, so, uh. Dwight Yokum. Uh. Can't stand the guy.
    I picked a random song [of his] on youtube and put it on.
    Hmmmm.

Christ! I LIKE that song!
    Sounds GREAT!!!!
    Fuck
    I gotta go slice some parts off me, maybe apply the flail.
    Yeah, some flagellation ought to do the trick..

16. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

LOL! No kidding! The other day I talked to a guy, he was so happy that he ordered a capacitor for his guitar's tone circuit through the internet for only 25USD instead of the 40 dollars they go for. Fancy, heavily advertised capacitors for guitars. I told him he could have gotten one of the exact same value for a few cents from the local electronics shop.

17. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

18. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

19. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

20. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member