the new inquisition

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by big-jo, Aug 13, 2008.

1. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

http://olympics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/12/spanish-ad-spurs-charges-of-racism/

dont forget to read some comments

im tired of the new inquisition created by the anglosaxon world, it s sick, everything is politcally corrected...everything is take out of context to attack

although i dont know why im surprised, i remember all that BS that appeared with the Latoya Jackson's nipple.....ridiculous

bunch if ignorants....

2. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

the usual anglo-american shit

english are so constipated. one reason why i left.

note that all "the story" is brought about by english magazines, no interest at all from the chinese themselves or the spanish.

3. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Isn't Latoya Jackson the nude model, the one who likes to flaunt her nipples and Janet Jackson the nip-slip person?

Pfffft, everything's so serious now you mean? People are just scared to upset someone. To be fair, I don't really make it a point to upset people either, but if someone else upsets me, at least I'll fight the fight myself, verbally of course. Assertive is something you have to be for yourself, it's not something someone has to be for someone else. But then again, there's that, and then there's the impossibly high moral pedestal some people have lifted themselves onto...

As usual, the clue is to disregard what the press says :p

-Z

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  4. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

If anal retention neurosis or Puritanic thought were made an Olympic sport, England would retain the world record indefinitely.

How truly sad.

5. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I've often heard the Spanish are greasy/oily people but please don't take it the wrong way. I can joke too. Any Spaniard upset? If so, go talk to other Spanish folks that are not pissed about it. :D Did you expect no reply from the Chinese?

6. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Welcome back, biz.

7. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

then comes the problem of coping with ingrained constipation:
    A Growth Export for Britain: Boozing

8. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

Indeed who replied was someone that even doesn t know that in China there are more than 1 language there.

9. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Well don't give me this anglosaxon BS please. Scrutinized by the media constantly gives fuel to throw in the fire if someone takes offense, usually English speaking world, British, Americans and many others have to apologise a million times and can never live it down. Now Spain looks foolish because not 1 person or 2 but both your mens and womens basketball teams make slant eyed gestures and will play in China and get booed by the chinese. You mean to tell me no one even thought that this looked bad in the eyes of the chinese let alone the world? Oh please. Stop blaming the English speaking world for your Country representatives mistake. Just deal with it and roll with the punches like the USA does. I could go on and on about this jo but please dont turn this around and blame others for your Countries mistake.

<S> bullet

PS, quick question, nice of you to speak English may I ask why you learned it? I do not speak Spanish or any other language except for some hello's and goodbye's but I am not embarrassed. Should I be? Adios

10. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

I'm English...and you're right about the English media, bunch of fucking arse holes who manipulate everything out of context and use the excuse that everything they do is in the 'public interest'.
    Unfortunately we have 'social housing' scum who also export their drunkeness to the continent. My only saviour is that they will hopefully one day die an early and painfull death.

11. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

No, you're not.

12. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

Im not talking here about the stupid gesture (indeed they didn t want to do it because they found it stupid as most of us but not racist), im talking about the imposition of your moral to the rest of the world and the use that some people make of it. The gesture was only offesinve to asian and not asian living your contry, not to the chinese. They didn t booed to the spanish team, they did the opposite (except when the match China-Spain where obviously they cheers for China). It s stupid to think that the rest of the world has the same culture as yours, and many ignorant spanish think as well.

It s not the first time that England talk bad about us, and now your country pretend to use this for the Olympic 2016 of Chicago instead of Madrid. Please let us to talk bad about Spain to us, because as the proverb says:

"Hearing a man talking, it s easy to know where he saw the light of the sun; if he praises England, he ll be english; if he talks bad about Prussia, he ll be french, and if he talks bad about Spain, he s spanish"

The worst about this it s you (all) live in a inquisition and you even dont know it.

PS. What do you prentend asking me why i learnt your language, is there sarcasm hidden there? I miss the point here

13. thug

thug Well-Known Member

You said it yourself, it's offensive, who cares what country, offensive is offensive is offensive. Like bullet said, say sorry and move on, no lasting harm done.

14. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Their is no inquisition, If you have media, tv, radio, internet then you will be watched, so tread lightly and think ahead of time. but if you want nothing to be known of your culture both the good with the bad, I suggest you remove all tv's, radios and internet and cut all electricity and put up an iron curtain and the world will never know anything. Sound good?

On the question, if the English speaking world is so bad why the hell do all of you learn it? Perhaps one day in the future you may get into trouble in your land and need a place to go. Give us your tired, your poor and your huddled masses. I never really needed to learn another language. Even here on a Russia site they provided me with an English speaking section which attracts others so they can bash the English speaking world (not all the the time but most subjects not about our flight sim seem to bash the english speaking world) Thanks Russia Privet. Any how I suppose if I moved to another country I would learn the language. <S>

bullet

15. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Everyone can interpret that gesture the way they want.

I can understand why some people would find it offensive as seen by itself.

However considering the Spanish team's long term sponsorship by the Chinese company one could interpret the gesture as an action of solidarity with the Chinese people.

16. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

What? No more masturbating in private? Is Big Brother everywhere? Even for an exaggeration what you're saying needs more than a pinch of salt to be considered a reality :)

This is not about media, or not. This is about people sitting high and dry on their high moral grounds, grounds which quickly become a slippery slope if you point out their irony.

Where did you get this people hating the English word from? A language is just that, a language, a means of communication. It's the message itself Big Jo's talking about, not the language it's said in. He wouldn't think any different about it if it were told to him in French, German, Russian or whatever.

Nobody bashes the English word, I'm really surprised to see this thread take this turn to be honest.

Even then, English could've been Spanish or French, it's just a matter of common grounds, and an automatic choice of a language everyone's confronted with on a daily basis. The Anglo-Saxon culture is strong, that's the least you could say. The sad bit is that they seem to take that opportunity to sell everyone a screwed up set of morals :)

-Z

17. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

im out of this

18. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Smart man, it's what the English would do ;)

19. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I was really surprised to see this thread.

20. milo--

milo-- Well-Known Member

Damn cheaters, triying to play basket using a chinese basket player frame...