Thread ratings?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Zembla JG13, Jul 12, 2003.

?

Which phrase do you prefer?

1. Keep it

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Get rid of it

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. I don't give a shit

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Isn't thread rating just ridiculous? The only thing it does is give the opportunity to anonymously boycott threads... ok... sure, boycotting is no problem, but it's getting ridiculous when everyone that's posting a new idea, gets rated 1 star or something, while they didn't even look at the idea itself... it doesn't even need to be an idea, it can just be anyone posting a thread, and someone that doesn't like the author...

It is not representative, has no use, and only serves anonymous peepz too scared to give their own opinion...

I just don't see it's use, and seeing it's more of a means to anonymously boycott than a means to indicate which threads might be interesting reads for those of us short on time... I mean, I see lots of threads, some good some bad, but none is rated unless it's a poll, or unless it's by one of the posters that almost have an automatical rating coming along with them [wether or not this rating is justified] either way, it's ridiculous...

C'mon, give me the one star I'm waiting for... I'll be real amused when I see my thread's rated 1 star... :cool: :rolleyes:

<Z>

2. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

This is one thread that deserves the 5 stars ;)

I agree zem, it doesnt serve any purpose other than for people to anonymously belittle someone else's post.

Be done with it :)

-glas-

3. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

This is more worthy of 2 stars :D

4. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Um. Now this is gonna sound real stupid (there IS NO SUCH THING as a STUPID question, Biles!) but, um, wel, um:

How do I vote? Where is the vote thing? A button? I spend so much time staring at this,
    I can't see!!!!!!
    I can't see!!!!!!
    Oh, my EYES. My EYES!!
    I can't see!!!!!!

5. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

I believe it is the 'rate this thread' thingy after the last post of the thread.

Am I right?

regards, Oz

6. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

cc ive noticed that anonymous ppl waste others opinions and give 1star rating;
    i think it have no real use here, so it can be removed;

biles when posting a msg check the rollover menu just over the submitt button ;)

7. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

i try to rate all threads i've determined to merit my input as "100% moronic" or whatever is closest

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Nah, this one is worth a 5-stars. :D

Seriously, though.. I really don't care about this stars thread thing.. :)
    I don't avoid checking threads just because some person(s) put a 1-star rating on it... I want to have my own opinion about the subject. ;)

Who wants to be a FH forum pop star? :D

9. Apocalyps

Apocalyps Well-Known Member

Thread ratings bother me.

It happens more than enough that ppl only need to look at the author to give a thread a rating and not at the content.

Is there a good reason to keep the rating system? I don't think so. IMO, if it only is a cause of irritation then it should be dissabled.

10. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

The recent thread started by biles is a good example. Something about sounds for gahris the thread is about. And it has 1 star lol. What is that all about? Do you seriously think someone has actually read the post and thought 'that's a 1 star thread' or someone who doesnt like biles seen he was the author and automatically gave it the 1 star?

Especially when you consider most of biles' stuff is 5 star by default :kruto:

-glas-

11. Zembla JG13

bumperus maximus

<Z>

12. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

well....i don't give a sh... about it...never even looked it

13. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi Zembla,

>Isn't thread rating just ridiculous? The only thing it does is give the opportunity to anonymously boycott threads...

Hardly ever do you see a "1 vote" rating that's anything else than the worst possible rating. That tells us a lot about what the ratings are really used for.

To find out about the voice of the majority, we can always post a proper poll.

The thread rating is unnecessary and actually harmful.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

14. Apocalyps

The ratings are just plain wrong. People don't make threads with the intention of make bad threads. So what if your own opinion about something is a little different, the fact is that noone likes seeing 1 star on something which they wrote with good intentions.

I can't stand seeing a thread which I enjoyed reading get downgraded by some stupid star. The only stars which I give are 5 stars to upgrade the bad grade a thread got. I never ever give out bad ratings...

15. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

get rid of it

well

actually the only rating that should be available is the 5-stars one, wich anyone could rate a thread with but the author

16. Zembla JG13

btw, lol, who started rating every thread? :D

<Z>

17. Apocalyps

omg ...

Yeah! Before today I don't think that half of the threads even had stars... Guess you gave it some more negative attention, zemb ;)

18. Zembla JG13

bumperus incredibilis,

AND HE SCOOOORES!

<Z>

19. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

not that the rating people gave a thread really matters, but if EVERYONE rated EVERY thread, we would have a much more accurate rating of threads, and one single anonymous who like to spoil everything rating everything 1 star just wont matter anymore.

now what we can do is everyone always vote 1 star, then we can spoil the fun of those anonymous guys that always vote 1 star! :p

20. Apocalyps

Or when you post a new thread, make thread ratings optional. So you as an author can decide on it.

Would that be possible?