Tips? How to tell the English they are barbarian?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by grobar, May 6, 2005.

1. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

:D

Some activities I undertook recently in relation to Easter holidays - such as going to midnight service and painting eggs, evoked interest and bepuzzlement in the otherwise apathic aboriginal population.
    I got the point through that no, i am not just an odd person, it is Easter now for the Orthodox peoples.
    but then I was stabbed in the back with:
    "Ive neva`eard of tha` church!? Are they christians?"

Here I was lost. :lamer:
    How to explain that while catholics *might* be considered christians, although long ago left the ways of God due to the sinful pride of their priests and the mechanistic approach to the body of Christ bereft of communion with God...

the local market of churches they are refering to as "christians" are not even heresies! but rather cults of the same character as african shamanism for example.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Religions are the pest of our days (they've always been, btw). No matter what religion

Btw, How to tell the English they are barbarian? "Yo, English. You're a barbarian"

That's easy :D:D

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

btw, english policemen at work :D:D
    lol

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

hmm, that is an interesting point of view...?

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

so said my guru :D

6. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

what he says is the blessing of our days (as opposed to "pest")?

7. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    LMAO!

;)

8. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Religion

*sigh*

Weeeeell,
    nah, I'm too tired to get into it (much)

I'm an unbeliever in godly things,
    Old mythology is at least fun to study, what with all gods walking around smiting people and so on. 2Kyrs ago I bet christianity was like that.. :p

BTW, you christian ppl, read the old testament, then read the new testament.

NOW tell me that it's the same god we talk about.

Old god = lotsa smiting and whatnot
    New god = damn hippie, love all serve all dude.

I'd rather do something else.

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Problem is that religions no longer (have they ever?) follow what "God" says. No more "love the others", "forgive", "help" and all those things that give sense to the word GOODNESS

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

12. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

LOL exec!!

13. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

thx exec.

I rest my case,
    BUT my challenge still stands... DIDYA change god between old and new testament?

14. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

NOOOO!!!! you've been possessed by allsop's spirit!!
    Ok, we'll have to impale you and burn you. Sry. Shit happens!

15. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

yeah, sry

NOW DIE!!!! :turret:

1 person likes this.
  16. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

LOL Exec :D

And agreed on all counts. Reuben must die!!! :turret:

17. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Broz, being clergy you still can be awfully sinful. ...although the pope tries to claim something else... :rolleyes:
    But people striving for holyness still exist here and there.

And just compare the old and the new testament as reuben suggested. the things written down by the jews really WERE the way of life 3k years ago! Something in peoples mentality did change since, didnt it? I think the new religious movements might well have played a part in that. Although the mediterranean civilisation of Rome/Hellas was already a bit more humane compared with those of the fertile crescent (just a little bit).

Besides - visit a monastery sometime.

OK, ill take it although theology isnt my best. hope i dont say something blasphemious now :)

the official position is that not God changed but the people. Once they grew up enough to understand the hippie stuff he sent his son. Earlier he had to resort to more "heavy-handed" methods. :) But AFAIK the old testament is accepted by christians not entirely and "with a grain of salt" anyway.
    Besides I think somewhere Christ said "I came to put myself under the oath of Moses and thus break you free from it" or something like that.

You will have a hard time challenging a true educated theologian though. For the past 2000 years thousands of humanitys finest minds have put their collective effort in interpreting and reconciling the testaments, hellenistic philosophy, etc.
    Poor protestants think everyone can get there on his own by just reading the bible every night in bed...

18. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

That's obvious. That's why i don't have any respect for the pope(s) or any religious leader. They'll always try to make their preachers look like Saints, when many of them hide devils under their skin...
    They're very few and usually not related to churches
    I know, that's why i wrote: "Problem is that religions no longer (have they ever?) follow what "God" says". I can't say if when testaments were written, that was the way of living. All i can say is that any relation between that and what life's now is just a mere coincidence...
    I live in the country where Inquisition started. I live in a city with two Cathedrals (AFAIK, the only city in the world who has two). And i mean Cathedrals, not churches. It has 16 churches AFAIR. And monasteries... in Spain i only know about monasteries where entrance is not allowed, enclosed monasteries.
    Anyway, i might spend an evening with the monks, but i wouldn't know their goodness at all. You can't know a person in 1 evening, but you can get an idea of how they are studying the last 2000years of their behaviour as a brotherhood :)

19. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Thx for the clarification, grobar. Or something. :D
    But, I can accept your explanation that the people went hippiewise, and not the god.
    The best explanation I've had in this matter so far. Usually I just get "the fish look" from people when I get into this subject. (fish look=big eyes, slowly opening and closing mouth, no sound :D)

BTW, I watched Kelly's Heroes last night. "Oddball", must be christ incarnate...
    damn he's so shock full of it...
    "It's a beautiful tank, man", "don't give me those negative waves, baby", "If you think the bridge will be there, it will... positive thinking baby" and so on. ;)

And now, something completely different:
    As for allsops spirit, for fucks sake....
    you can't bloody well build an accusement on me using the phrase "I rest my case"
    IF you wanna impale me and so on - for being possessed by the allsopian spirit.....
    Wait until I can't spell problem :D
    Or when I use graphs for explaning headings .. no wait, thats squirl. sry :D

(bastards) :D

20. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I knew you were idiot (is your brain frozen? :)), but do i need to explain that it was an excuse to impale you? Man, it could be funny. Won't you let us try? Plsssss

:D:D