TK status feature

Discussion in 'TabaHost General Discussion' started by ppedott_vibora, Aug 29, 2005.

1. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Hi!

From now on at TH we have a TK status... wich means that if you play a bad, bad, boy and shoot friends or friendly structures you will got have one of this:
    [​IMG]

Untill now, miserable traitors got:

1: restriction to fly in a fighter only buffs missions
    2: radio shamefull (TK) stamp

next penalties:

3) only allow to roll a Transporter;
    4) allow to be shooted down by friends without no penalty for they.
    5) Auto-TK-remover whem (TK) capt a (ENEMY!!!!!!!) field (otherwise any OP can remove that shame)

2. ppedott_vibora

Btw, the anti-cheat package at TH now count:

1) TK status
    2) Auto-kick for "pilots" that stay more them 120 secs at tower doing "nothing"
    3) Blue (or green, dunno) alert when more than one player is sharing same IP ***
    4) We have 2 Special Admins: -SATA- and -MARS- that are in charge to catch cheaters and ban it from TH (note that Admins is not me or franz-) I will preserve the real nicks of them in order to give they freedom to work.

*** Note please that share IP is NOT a cheat at all, ppl can get togheter to make a lan to play WB, and no penalty imputed to those, only an alert to other ppl get aware of the situation.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

1) hehe. i said that it would be too complicated.
    i object to the penalty of "being only bomber". being a bomber must not be a humiliation (transport too). also, bomber can be tk as well.
    2) 120 secs too few. must be at least 3 minutes... 180s. imagine squad gathering and planning. i will be sitting in tower listening to briefing.
    3) ok
    4) may be you will invite --am-- for that? :D what is the code or rules they will be guided?

4. ppedott_vibora

1) hehe. i said that it would be too complicated.
    i object to the penalty of "being only bomber". being a bomber must not be a humiliation (transport too). also, bomber can be tk as well.

Agree! Also, Bombers/transporters is that we want at TH, it is only... hmmm... more "killable"...

2) 120 secs too few. must be at least 3 minutes... 180s. imagine squad gathering and planning. i will be sitting in tower listening to briefing.

Type in radio (AFAIK) w/ comrades planning a mission is do something... ;) at least in plans...

4) may be you will invite --am-- for that? :D what is the code or rules they will be guided?

I personally think Mr. --am-- (aka gungun?) is a person fully skilled to do this job, but Im afraid that we must think new and improved ways to catch those players that didnt resist to the call of Dark Side... they are sick people and lost souls that need help, care, attention, and a dose of MK108... right between the eyes...
    BTW I have some names to invite to do this job. lets see if they accept. ASAP I have the names (and they accept the invitation), I will ask they to show us a plan of action, a modus operandi... What you think?

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

why you typed the text when you aggree with objection? %)
    killable? wazzup?

absolutely necessary, so they won't be an unpredictable natural disaster.
    moreover, it's necessary that you not only ask, but even publish the modus operandi.

6. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

hmmm, i dont think so...
    Is better if nobody knows. IMO Is way more easy to cheaters to create something new to cheat...
    Why somebody would use a kind of cheat that he knows he can be caught? Instead he´d invent (or discover) something new...

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

but people blame gungun for unpredictable kicks. why?

8. ppedott_vibora

I agree w/ you and felt the need to state why... :)

killable, err sry... I dunno if this word exists in portuguese= matável... more easy to kill,

again I agree with the publish of modus operandi, but not the tools that they will use, I mean:
    example (not real) of modus operandi in case of cheat detected:
    1) private advise (w/proofs gathered)
    2) public advise (w/proofs published)
    3) penis extraction
    4) double penis extraction

btw you right! :) time for kick off is between 180-360 secs

btw2 actual config to achieve such so desired prize is:

4 Friendly Planes Downed
    # Friendly Hmack Destroyed
    # Friendly Tank Destroyed
    # Friendly Katyusha Destroyed
    # Friendly Commandos Killed
    # Friendly Acks Destroyed
    # Friendly Buildings Destroyed
    # Friendly Ships Sunk
    # Friendly CVs Sunk

ASAP I get missing values I will post!

BTW DM at TH, today when you came to TH I must go away to work, so I couldnt tell you the follow:

>Some pilots report that Li2s took 20x20mm and no visible damage no further info about (MB in leader w/ wings...)
    >I took tank and fired 100 rounds at radio hut, radar, fuel and nothing, otherwise in acks 1 shot is enough
    >Due bombload characteristics (bombloads availlable) I SUGGEST that some structures could be down with 50Kg (eg. port buildings)

comments welcome

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

4 planes to understand that guy is a traitor? you joke!

>Due bombload characteristics (bombloads availlable) I SUGGEST that some structures could be down with 50Kg (eg. port buildings)
    did not understand at all :dunno:

>killable, err sry... I dunno if this word exists in portuguese= matável... more easy to kill,
    well... my suggestion is still actual: hits to friendly units/structures are ignored. imho kiss principle (keep it simple, stupid) gives a good decision for friendly fire problem. :)
    however, i cease discussing TK. you want TK, you play TK. :)

10. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

Maybe some .afk command? Disco wouldn't occur but whole radio messages would be disabled (not visible to .afk player).

@-exec- People blame gungun for kick because He do that with no reason. Someone kills him - in revenge He kick pilot. Someone steals His kill - kick and ban. Someone will say something about Him at ch100 - kick and ban :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

gungun cannot ban.
    "someone kills him" he sends to developers maillist description of strange kill.
    as for steal and blame - cannot say anything, because i did not witnessed that.

12. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

I think simple kicks would not make cheaters stop... Dont you agree?
    You kick the cheater, he log in again and keep doing... :dunno:

About TK, I will repeat what I said some time ago: IMHO if you allowed somebody to do something wrong, other ppl can see it, and do it too... I think we should not allowed any kind of "wrong act". In TK case, it could happen by accident, right? But in an accident fact, what would be the number of hits? And what would be the number of hits in a real team kill (when somebody really wants to kill a friendly plane)? Cant we separe this 2 cases?

13. ppedott_vibora

read again!!!:D
    I mean: for now, it is the "price" to get TK; objective? alow all of us to test it... please understand that franz only put it on 2-3 days ago, and its not fully configurated, and this thread is in order to discuss parameters, same for ricedd, I asking:
    - What values we could put here at start?
    4 Friendly Planes Downed
    # Friendly Hmack Destroyed
    # Friendly Tank Destroyed
    # Friendly Katyusha Destroyed
    # Friendly Commandos Killed
    # Friendly Acks Destroyed
    # Friendly Buildings Destroyed
    # Friendly Ships Sunk
    # Friendly CVs Sunk

About bombload 50Kg... The only one native gold bomber at Pacific Theater of Operations (betty) carry bombload enough to close some extra structures with no margin for error, different of red buffers that is more flexible to do it.
    Lets see:

In order to capt F7, you need to close the follow:

sag sag (shag shag)port 1
    • crane
    • buildind
    • building
    sag sag (shag shag)port 2
    • crane
    • buildind
    • building
    sag sag (shag shag)refinnery
    • one of three Oil drums

See: If you get an betty 4x250, and you have an average ability,
    you can do:
    1-250kg
    • buildind
    • building
    2-250kg
    • crane
    3-250kg
    • buildind
    • building
    4-250kg
    • crane
    oh oh and about refinnery?
    Of course you can do a banzai dive, but certain pilots prefer to fly back home more safe...

The other bettys bombload,12x50kgs, you must divide 12 bombs by 7 targets, as follow:

• crane
    • buildind
    • building
    • crane
    • buildind
    • building
    • one of three Oil drums

Of course that at TH you can count with wingmen, that multiply bombload per 3, so you have 36x50kgs and you can deliver like this:

1 (x3) at crane;
    1 (x3) at crane;
    2 (x3) at building
    2 (x3) at building
    2 (x3) at building
    2 (x3) at building
    2 (x3) at Oil drum (IF you know exactly what drum to blow)

Teorectically, it is barely enough, *BUT* due bomb dispersion only one target miss, you will need to do another trip...
    I can assure that, becouse since our GREAT new DM <S! -exec-> (and Im sincere here, I really loved the entire concept, and will not stop to give the credits to exec and franz) I put aside my fighter preferences and play as buffer at 99.9% of sorties bombing ALL extra targets... OK! "But vibora is a porked buffer" you can say... I did think on that and did some missions like that with alemao that everybody knows is one of (or The, iMho) most skilled buffer pilot at our community, and he found the same.
    So, for now on i SUGGEST that buildings can be down w/ 50kgs bombs...
    Simple. :)

about:
    Here (as you know) I desagree.. but Im happy that we can discuss, agree and desagree in a good level, and I reinforce:
    Friendly fire is an entire mine bet feature, and Im working hard to find ways to implement It, even getting it NOT simple. And ASAIR (as soon as I realize) that is unviable I will turn it off. Count on it.

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

TK - ok.

betty, betty...
    imho irl japanese could bomb with 50kg because they attacked lightly defended arena.
    in case of fh/th arenas, all fields are equally (and quite sensible) durable.

for the first moment, i suggest to play midway terrain for pacific games, so deck aviation will be the prima donna.

also, i promise to analyse the betty problem. may be rps should restrict heavy buffs until 1944? that will decrease 1942-1943 us buffs power overwhelming, and very probably would make rps more historically accurate. afaik entire pacific war was about isles, and only in 1944 it came to strategical buffing of metropoly.
    i must think about pacific ground dm also.

15. ppedott_vibora

Play only Midway at PTO going against our concept of Total War...
    *BUT*
    your pov about red heavy buffers is great! I will wait your conclusions about this issue! Thanks! :)