toughest opponent ?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Jul 15, 2001.

1. miixch

miixch Well-Known Member

... well ... I had the same idea to refresh that topic some time ago ;)

my current list is:

wespe- aka stec--
    -thug-
    -ert--
    -swan-
    stefan
    dobosh
    -mart-
    akage- (zeke)
    -alve-
    ghostt (190)
    -illo- (190)

2. zh

zh Well-Known Member

List of pilots in alphabetic order, only who present at arena in my play time.
    Sorry, all other excelent pilots:

akage
    buenau
    desant
    falcon
    hjm
    lite
    odi
    thug

one more sorry for my bad memory if didnt mentioned some pilots...

3. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

The toughest oppponent? I get killed by the same guy over and over... What's his name again??? Ehhh...

-HOST-!!!! -HOST-!!!! That's the bastard! Just look at my stats:
    Basman was last killed by:
    -HOST- -HOST- -HOST- -HOST- -HOST-

:D

But seriously: I'd name mart, odi, chip, tigrao, malino, stec......

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  4. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

wow...
    there r a LOT of very giid pilots here...
    i would not remember all if I would list them...

I'd just say tigrao (wambug in Pampa squad) as one of the top in the list. He's a very skilled pilot, fighter or bomber (maybe he's the most complete pilot), and is always ready to help or teach something when u ask him.

bullet, that start the thread is a very good pilot too.

well, i said i'd not list... :p

regards :cheers:

5. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

>One pilot I hate to find in the air any time : bullet :@prayer:
    >One pilot that really pissed me off one nit I found him in a IL2 between f9-f4 smallmed: herlza, that f* snake put me dwn 5 times in a row no mather the plane I choose to fight him: every time I lose my wing <S>! :D
    >One pilot that I miss here and that IS very thought: alw-- and his P38's... :super:

6. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

ok ill list some pilots,
    theyre all great, but actually its just a list of some great actions done on me :) (ie. i was defencless :))

when u die u think what u did wrong... and usually u know that, but:
    how often u feel like u done sth as good as it gets and u died anwyay? its a list of pilots who did sth like this to me :)

thug
    hjm
    bukin
    piterk
    bullet
    mcgru
    manoce
    duriel
    hamstr
    lectek

i can list them with no probs and they gave me a hard lesson :)
    many of pilots u listed i havent even fought... couple of them i can fight with probability i can win (cant tell how big probability ;))...
    this is best proof that overall arena skill is rising all the time

S! all

7. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

You talking about dogfighters in here or what?

8. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

odi in mostly any plane (gold and red)
    bukin in p51 (deadly)

9. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

As many said there are many extrodonary pilots in here many was mantchioned allredy , but my toughest oponent i ever meet was Thug and Haupt next to him ( shame you dont fly with us anymore :( ) I think i never managde to shot down thug in 1 on 1 fight even if i had a beter plane like zero agains f4f in dogfight.
    With Haupt i had one of my hardest fights ever and i was on yak 3 him 109 g10 ,althoug my plane was much more agile i only managde to score some hits in engine wchich started to loose oil but Haupt mandge to ditch anyway (WTG!!)
    Alsoe HJM aka Lesio impressed my very much and showed me how a real dogfight should look like. I would also like to mention Bukin, Odi, and many Polish pilots like Lolo( he plays mostly AH), Mixch, Stec,Pitrek and many others ( unfortunatly i didnt thought 1 on 1 with them couse they mostly dont fly alone ;) ) .
    SALUTE TO YOU AND ALL I FORGOT TO MENTION.

10. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Yeah, seems so. Aces don't put up great fights ppl would remember and talk about - they just kill'em and move along. ;)

But no, some are mentioned which I consider aces, too, like illo, odi, zembla etc. Those who have been flying here for a long time, are well known, and put up some impressive stuff once, like max streak, K/D and stuff. This is embedded in ppls head. Though, plenty of ppl who would suck big time once they had to fight AND survive at the same time, are mentioned here, too. Or, in other words, who would disappear pretty quickly from the arena had they only 1 life, maybe taking 5 with 'em though ;). "Good fights" develope out of mistakes on the attacker's side, you know :). Also depends on which opponents you meet. My experience from online flying is that Aces usually don't face other Aces in combat, since they rarely make any mistakes and therefore seldomly threaten each other. They rather kill ppl who know little about air combat. I remember an occasion I was flying an 109F-4, and was just conducting basic energy fighting on a Spitfire (maybe a little bit on the edge). Took some 5 minutes. After I killed him, he came on the radio and said "Wow! I really thought you were stec-! Impressive!" Well, I felt honored, knowing that stec- is considered one of the top 109 aces. But in reality, I was just flying the basic way how you should handle the 109 against a Spit. I myself didn't consider it anything special at all. And I also told him that.

11. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

imho effective fight do not need any speciali df skills...
    most important are tactics and patience;
    even poor dogfighter like myself can beat more experienced and skilled pilots with patience...

12. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

yes very true

skills wont help much without patience to use them

13. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I totally agree with you.

Staying alive is quite easy in FH. Just go fast at med alts/high and be aware. Know some sure evasive to execute when you made mistake. It needs special skills very different from being a good pilot in fight (ACM). Most kills are bounces from dead angles to kill noob pilots without them noticing or just flying through furballs at high speed lining up for shots. Fixation and "fights" only gets killed.

Everyone can stay alive with a little practice. Good SA and bit of luck (if such thing exists..maybe we blame bad luck when we fail) then you are alive until 100 streak. I never reached it. I always made some stupid mistake which more disiplined pilot would have avoided. I got 3 ToDs in row with around 50-65 and quit trying. I didn't die because of bad luck. But becase i collided (greed and bad approach usually) , got hit by ack (greed and idiotism) or got shot (but suprisigly seldom). "lucky" shot gets you for sure if you present enough changes for it. I often did just that and then cursed my bad luck.

My "ace" style wasnt actually ace style at all. I just used agressive attack when I saw a change, then at instant swithing to next target when if missed. I think I was very good in skill of getting without hesitation into right position for fast kill. Over 60% of my kills ever target definetely wasnt aware of me. Blind spots and enemy being fixated to someone else are good allies. Getting 10kills in one sortie fast didn't make me good in staying alive though.

There are many kinds of skills. :)

14. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

yea
    time to say about my thoughest opponent
    it is most dangerous opponent :)
    when u get bored its easy to make bad attempt;
    i made streak of 31 3 times and i was simply unbeatable in 190 (which isnt anything difficult in that plane, ofcourse) till stupid collie, hangar head-on or so :)
    as for being unnoticable - couple months ago (when i started to understand efight, bnz, tactic flying) ive been scoring kills mostly in that way; but now ppl really seems to have better SA;
    or mb im more confident now and i dont try to make totally unseenable attempts... dunno,
    all i know - many pilots could have made really impressive stats, but if they would keep on doin them, their progress in flying would stop;
    but on the other hand, such discipline is another skill, very crucial sometimes;

15. thug

thug Well-Known Member

Excellent thread bullet.

I have my theories about the "toughest opponents", most of the best scoring pilots in the MA don't qualify. I've seen a few pilots that are just amazing, I am at loss at how they handle fights in the way they do(doesn't mean they win, but they die trying :) ). Here's my list......sorry I only fly certain hours so I have a limited gene pool to pick from.

rawdaw
    haupt
    thefox
    helrza
    turbo
    lectek
    zh
    pappys <<<<was that his handle?
    rc
    any 190 pilot (not sarcasm)
    any 109g10 pilot (not sarcasm)
    any p38 pilot that can take off make a kill then land (not sarcasm)
    there are more I just can't think right now i'll update this list later, also there is a few from ien that deserve some mention (=tech=,whiske,mots,osan,lookot)

These guys are fearless. Thats what makes a tough opponent, not acm or streaks or gunnery...... You know if you see one of these guys in the arena he is gonna fight you, with or with out the advantage or numbers or plane type, you gotta be ready. Anyone that turns into a rampaging beast when 2 or more cons get on him immediatly gains my respect <S>.......none of that sissy running away crap :)
    I love finding a "good" pilot who spends 10 mins running away with out even making a pass. Their excuse is always....."hey you have alt, what do you expect?" I love it, these guys are the easiest pilots in the arena.... to defeat them just be co-alt they will then refuse to fight. BTW if anyone runs to d20 away from me and keeps running I consider myself the winner and immediatly stop chasing.
    Gotta be brave guys......take a risk then you will win me over :)

16. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

okay i will give an up date to just a few i have seen through my time in here as bizerk/bullet in elite. i would also like to say most ofmy elite brothers can tangle with the best of em. and i am sure which all are aware of some of elites true aces, for that matter, i believe elite had a hand in many of the pilots beginnngs i am about to mention. sorry if i forget to mention still many more. but i have flown with and against many. okay here goes.

thug
    mud
    tigrao
    reddem
    oleg
    bukin
    franta
    olglry
    miixch
    drink
    desant
    ada
    halrza
    grypho
    kopi
    vojtas
    boruse
    tholli
    mixer
    zh
    illo
    zembla
    heartc
    lite
    turbo
    quigon
    kk
    brahma
    laline
    jochen
    hohun
    ebola
    fn
    sg
    hrtman
    ironmn
    vifam
    bladeo
    conrad
    blue
    stec
    ramzey
    deadmt
    fla
    nicaee
    platy
    costa bro's
    rc
    duriel
    raw
    pap
    marder
    ground
    dance
    mcgru
    kutya
    sea
    operok
    ric
    zxszxs
    krikun
    badmad
    frost
    vibora
    ledada
    tipiss
    buzz
    malino
    maramz
    i know probably alot mentioned listed havebeen mentioned twice using different nick's. but hey what can ya do.anyhow many many others i forgot to list, some in styles,different aircraft,tactics ,etc. also should note others that maybe are not that great, but have a good heart and spirit. and they know who they are <S> man o man so many to list.

<S> all

bullet

17. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

I have to thank all those highly skilled pilots for teaching something,even in an involuntary way,despite the fact of liking or disliking them,coz ability does not has nothing to do with it.Plz forgive me if I forgot to mention any other expert.I put comments in some (I was too lazy to put in the others :)).
    Here is my list:

haupt (complete pilot imho)
    jesus (great pilot and teacher)
    tigrao (excellent pilot)
    warrio (friend and ace)
    desant (superb pilot)
    falcon (best Yak pilot imho)
    boar (the "monster")
    mixer (best raid organizer and great leader)
    pietas (the "outlaw")
    odisseo ("old" ace)
    zembla (another one)
    bullet (best F4F pilot imho)
    alw (best P38 pilot,undoubtly)
    thug (best P40 pilot imho)
    kopi (great F6F pilot)
    helrza (best Hurri pilot imho)
    bombad (best "mouse" pilot and great friend)
    gun (a pain in the ass with iL-2)
    jochen (brave pilot)
    oleg
    hamstr
    jsfe
    piterk
    ffajtl
    ppappy
    bladeo
    malino
    acadia
    drink
    zh
    count
    ...and many others...

And a special salute to all those someday I had a great fight or still I will have.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2003
  18. zh

zh Well-Known Member

Bullet incredibly right with his list :)))

select * from FH-pilot-list where FH-age>1.5 year

It 's joke:)

Ur list is mostly full and i agree with.
    S!

19. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

ZH: I've been here since april 2001 and I STILL suck :) :) :)

20. bzdems

bzdems Well-Known Member

Sebbo, how many hours do you fly per year? ;) Less then 200? :rolleyes: Some FH pilots can fly 200 hours/TOD. They MUST fly better then you and me :)