Ukraine...leave them alone!

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by -ALW-, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Hi, Kum. I am thinking that -- in general -- people in west Ukraine are pro-western/EU/NATO, and a majority of people in east Ukraine have pro-Russian sentiments.

I am sad that your country is suffering these problems now. I don't know a solution :(

2. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

As opposed to Russia? Pffft :) What differences do you really see between USA and Russia (and China about to join the playground) in their stuggle over zones of influence in the world?

BTW democracy is rule of the most. If 70% of the nation wants the country to go one way or the other, the country goes that way. Democracy is not about letting the minority split the country, so that they could have it their way too.

Also, don't be surprised about hysterical reactions in former Russian republics and satellites: we still have fresh memories of Russian occupation and we will cling to any power that we think will protect us from going again under Russian "friendly protection" (or whatever shit they used to call it). USA is the only real choice of alliance at the moment. Western Europe is weak - probably weaker than it was in the 1930s, and more preocuppied about well being of all kinds of freaks and fairies than about its own safety: like it was totally oblivious about growing threat of Russian neo-imperial politics. Putin knows this well and the only thing that is stopping him from doing Hitler on most part of eastern and central Europe is the threat of open conflict with US-led NATO. Without US involvement it would be a mess.

3. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Hello, Stec,

Where my father lived as a child was Germany, but now is Russia (old Prussia -- and Poland got some part of Prussia, also, as you know). I understand history. Perhaps not the processes, but I know the results ;)

I don't think Russia has a right to Poland, or Western Ukraine, or to any other ex-CCCP nations. But I can understand Russian feelings about Crimea (right or wrong; I'm foreign).

You are correct: Western Europe is relatively weak, because it was crushed in WW2 and has been relying on US, British and French military occupations and NATO (i.e., USA primarily) for security. And same is true for the East: Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, etc. But...

Now the USA is very different from <i>ten years ago</i>. The USA is like the Balkans now, very divided internally. A Reagan-era USA could support Walesa and Solidarnosc, but now? The empire here is in decline. :@drunk:

Best wishes to all :)

4. low

low Well-Known Member

I think so Reagan one of the best president in US from 1970x to now. Clinton is not bad too but no so great as Donald.
    The world is changed. Us has lost power. USSR has lost power too. Question is simple : Who has lost bigger power ? At this moment Russia supports part of Moldova (Dnister area), two part of Georgia (S.Osetia , Abhazia), Armenia , and few countries in Central Asia. At this moment Putin has ate Krym but I'm not definitely sure that this food is a safe for stomach (in 2-3 years).

Main idea for Putin is creating new USSR. And situation with enemies around his house is more understandably for ex-KGB agent then there a lot of friends around. :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  5. Krok-

Krok- Well-Known Member

6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

One thing that I've noticed is that, oddly, there are not many details about the Ukraine situation being published in the USA media. The reports are all very vague; statements about invasion but no supporting evidence other than from the Poroshenko perspective. To me this absence of coverage is surprising.

True, Obama is in the Baltics, but he's just making speeches before he returns home for the upcoming November mid-term elections.

In other words, the US-based media doesn't seem to be trying to make a strong case for Western... let's say USA intervention. Europe is worried about Russia going back to Tsarist borders, while the USA is examining its belly button.

7. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt.
    P.E Trudeau

The rest of the world can see what is happening, the Tzar of Russia is not getting his back rubs or something.

[​IMG]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_raids

Russian empire and USA empire, so similar even their fuckin flags have same colours, there is little difference between Russia and USA, why don't they join up and be ONE BIG ASSHOLE?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  8. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

9. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I already readed The Futurological Congress Stan Lem
    I readed too, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch Philip K Dick.
    Both were pretty hard on me.
    Not directly related to politics and off topic as hell too.
    ;)

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Set off a tiny nuke on Klimovsk and set Akademik Lomonosov on fire. Then, see what happens. ;-) If it were on the WB map, that's what I would do. :mafia: That would keep em busy. :joystick:

11. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

[​IMG]

12. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Or Bismarck!

13. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

They wouldn't make it to Bismarck, much less through Canada. We'd put it out over Canada :D We have two years to find out. :D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  14. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

That's perfect. :D If I could do that, I would. Just have only smoke trails right now though.:dura:

15. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

You could always blow up something nuclear in Minot.
    I know you have stockpiles in there. :dura:

16. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

No, we don't keep that stuff in Minot. Just along the Canadian border, and outer reaches. And besides that, the missiles have preset destinations outside the USA. :p

17. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Would be cool if there had been a USA map to fight over. :D