UNCLES!: Now see this [Linux Mint]

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezey, Mar 8, 2015.

1. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I cannot think of anything so I will display a demonstration of handling multitasking in a typical GUI environment in Linux Mint. Uh.

Watch in high definition, of you have a nice big monitor...
    Note, the left is a small monitor, I like to use it as a utilities display, hence the 'htop' program running, lets me [and you] know what is happening in the box.
    You could have the same look too... this one is NOT customised. Pretty much Out Of The Box.
    Read the description under the thing, in youtube.

http://youtu.be/c4tCzNbuowk

2. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Hez, you should visit my office! We have several real Canadians there now, and we have great discussions :) One McGill maths guy here is obsessed, IMHO, with Linux distros. He's always trying some minimal French-language distro or something. Wish you could try to talk sense into that guy.

Wish you could go along with us on our morning coffee runs, which are just excuses to argue/complain about tech :)

3. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Oh, he is a maths guy? And he is touting minimalist Linux Linux distros....
    What would his face turn into, I mean, would it get all scrunchy, if he pulled, form his pocket during an interruption [which those things do] his IThing, and saw, on the screen, green text in a terminal, and instructions how to find a keyboard by mail order.....
    :UU:

4. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I have MSWindows 8.1 [not the same as 8, which I didn't buy, I bought 8.1, which I uh, did buy], which I like, a lot.
    I have MSWindows 10, which I LIKE A LOT MORE
    I don't have any Android devices or I-Things.
    I might get an android device some day.
    I won;t get an I-Thing, because they are expensive - see Android, above...
    I have GNU+Linux which I sometimes hate and sometimes love.... Linux distros are like woman, some of em get really insulted when I say to em, can you cook? Go have a shower. What the fuck is it with the gum chewing?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  5. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I now have bought an Android Device Thingie. I got a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 Pro AND a keyboard [no fucking way use that thing as-is]
    True multitasking. I would not have bought one before. But now, it behaves like a PC [well, it's function, not it's method though]
    I love it.
    I don't think I need to buy a new PC every year anymore, now, what I am gonna do is a PC ever second year and a Tablet in alternating years.
    NOT an IThing. I already know too much about those things fucking bricks.

6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Android stuff looks and works great, but it's got more security problems than iOS (or so they say publicly, and obviously I don't care about security).

I use Android on my Nook e-reader, and I love it.

Is the battery life good?

7. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

If user does not root android OS it is wonderfully secure.
    Locked up nice and tight.
    Exceptional IBK is necessary to brick it.
    There is a almost foolproof recovery method. JUST don't root the thing and it is just fine

I guess there is Android Propaganda....

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015