Up and coming.... ideas for 1.70?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -ALW-, Nov 10, 2011.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Hmm...you've got me thinking of something here.....

I mentioned before that the Li2 should remain for Allies only, since it wasn't a production aircraft of the Axis. :rolleyes: It's one thing to have an enemy side capturing aircraft and using them for a SHORT time but, it's another un-reasonable thing to see them available in unlimited quantities as if the enemy country has production of that aircraft during the entire campaign. :dura:

My thoughts about this: If possible, allow release of "captured" aircraft available to both sides near front lines, fields near opposing country, for SHORT duration, like 15 minutes (or less?), and maybe only from the field that was captured after opening. That would create the illusion that capture and USE of aircraft (if even functional IRL) is plausible. :cheers: This might be fun for fighters too! These ideas would make the game even more fun and introduce something other simulators don't have to offer! Shoot...I'm a genius! That would be great fun. No, wait....that actually happened IRL.
    :fly2:

(imagines fighting berkto in P-38) :duel:

So, suggestion to resolve fairness/balance for transport aircraft only:
    1) Ju52 should be the only FULL TIME transport vehicle for the Axis.
    2) Ju52 should travel the same speed, carry the same paratroopers:28, carry commandos, engineers, have same defenses etc just like the Li2. Just make it function like an Li2 but, look the ugly Ju52 that it was. Besides, I like the Ju52...fast, three engines, and it has WEP. :D

I think that's a fair approach.
    :deal:

2. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

The planes we have are fine (except modeling issues). I wouldn't want to see all that work put into them, just to have them in the game, and then removed because 2 guys didn't like jets, and 6 guys can't get ACM figured out. :lamer:

Ohh....ok. Yeah, if bombs didn't effect AAA, that would be like bombs not effecting troops....errr...hahah. :D

3. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I know the zeke had major issues at higher speeds or in dives...loss of all control, inability to roll, wings breaking off, limited roll rates etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A6m

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

why have two identical airplanes with different visual skins, when we can have one and plus a free slot?

consider it as Showa L2D2 (or even L2D4?) cargoplane. it is an enough "production aircraft".

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  5. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

6. looseleaf

Sorry, I do not understand your statement. Are you saying:

that it is impossible?

that it is not a very high priority?

that it is not difficult?

that it is too simple and there are more difficult works to be done?

I see this "InstallShield" being used in other programs. Is this a product one buys/obtains in order to simplify installations?

Also at the "other WB" website they offer a Win7 version in CD form.

Does anyone know if this version is compatible with the FHWB modifications?

Has anyone tried it?

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yes, it is possible and not too complex.

Myg compiled full-installation, but it needs testing and debugging.

installshield is only one of huge class of software. and this class include freeware as well.

installers only copy files from distributive to destination directory and add some tweaks, such as system registry data. it does not affect winxp/7 compability.

the scenario is simple:
    1)install some software that monitors and logs installations
    2)log the installation of full wb
    3)gather all wb files needed
    4)record system registry changes
    5)install some software that makes installators
    6)put files and registry changes into installator
    7)remove wb and fhl
    8)install the installator
    9)check whether wb+fhl installed correctly
    10)change some user config: custom gunsights, custom keyboard layout, fhl macros, logins etc
    11)reinstall again
    12)check whether user configuration is not corrupted
    13)give away to public to test too
    14)fix errors detected by other players
    15)confirm with developers that the installator is final, correct and official

the only things needed are some spare time and accuracy

at the moment Myg is at step №9.

8. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Because it's an easy way to accomplish the same thing without adding any new planes. And a primary reason is to prevent mass confusion among both veteran/existing and NEW players. No new planes needed for this fix....Ju52 name and skin...just has more troops, better gunners, same commandos. More features, that's all.

I flew Ju52s and Li2s on many many many missions....never thought we needed features of latest Li2 then. Captured fields with no problems then. Wasn't always fair but, we planned. :shuffle:

It can get really bad since we have engineers now. If we have an arena full of people and someone says "Li2 inbound F7", the rest of us have to ask....."gold or red"? There will always be a wasted follow up and possible confusion for no reason other than to know if it's a friendly/enemy resupplying, or an friendly/enemy capturing. Not everyone will catch follow-ups when it's busy. Some people will report what they see, and then log, or get booted. Then someone has to waste time looking for what that Li2 was. There could be an Li2 otw to a closed Red/Gold field to rebuild with engineers, which is a good or bad thing, or an Li2 otw to a Red field to capture, which is a bad or good thing.

We type short hand for a reason...less typing, less dying, more done. This is where .pos really shines....quick and easy. Some Red says: "52!" or "vis 52" or "vis ju52". This is simple. Means to any Red pilot: "attention! there is a Ju52 here, or one heading to our closed/closing field to capture it!" Kill it.

I'm still not used to it, and I hate it. Sharing aircraft features to keep it fair is fine but, using the same aircraft NAME for both sides full time is a BAD idea.

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

"Showa built a total of 416 L2Ds, in addition to the 71 built by Nakajima. The L2D was codenamed "Tabby" by the Allies. It created a degree of confusion that apparently led to some deadly "friendly fire" incidents."vectorsite
    ;)
    won't you give a chance for li-driver?

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

L2Ds would be a cool addition. :)

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

and you propose to add l2d similar to c-47? :rolleyes:

you mean 6-8 versions of mainstay fighters?
    i understand it as suggestion to model p-40f, p-40k, p-40n backbone line? ;)

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

The Li2 and Ju52 have served their purpose without problems since 2001 when I started. I wouldn't care what transports are added, it just isn't correct to have Axis flying Li2 through the entire campaign. :rolleyes:

How would you add more P-40s? :help:

13. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

14. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

b. Dives - The highest speed attained in diving was 300mph indicated. Above 200 mph, the Zero becomes increasingly hard to maneuver, and turn. At these speeds, the airplane is very stable, and especially so about the longitudinal axis. It has no tendency whatever to roll in a dive, and at 300 mph it is practically impossible to make it roll. Above 275 mph indicated, the P-40 will out maneuver the Zero - thus a Zero airplane pursuing one of our own airplanes in a dive is completely at the mercy of any following P40's or similar pursuit aircraft. This probably explains why they rarely if ever follow our own aircraft in even a shallow dive where they could keep up for a short while.

c. The engine will not run under any conditions of negative acceleration, inverted, or in a steep skid. A Zero is unable to follow any airplane which does a sharp pushover unless it rolls and it cannot roll at high speed.

"At over 300 mph, impossible to roll"
    "this plane contains no armor, or any other protection"
    "workmanship is rather mediocre"
    "all air control surfaces are conventional"
    "It is structurally very weak"

Wow, after reading that entire document, the zeke needs to be remodeled. :mafia:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  15. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

From TA, cited A6M requires -3 G for engine cutout (that's a new one for gravity feed fuel delivery :rolleyes:), has no appreciable change in control characteristics even past 550 km/h, which I feel should never have been reached, not to mention the repeated reports from MA of the A6M taking enormous amounts of damage and surviving despite the aircraft supposedly being unarmored.

Now, perhaps you gave it some armor in the game just to even it out, and I'm ok with that, but having to essentially shoot down a bomber in fighter form is a bit much in my very humble opinion. Also, I am curious as to why the dive speed is allowed to be so high, and the control response to be so crisp well past 300 MPH.

16. bazura

bazura Well-Known Member

I found an old Aces High (Warbirds II developers) forum thread discussing the relative performance of A6M and F4F in the game. The question of negative G cutout in A6M arised. This message and the following one I found the most relevant:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,79044.msg1512523.html#msg1512523

Indeed: Modelling in a historically accurate way a plane in a simulation game... a difficult affair. :D

If I was in my hand... as a start I would copy flight behaviour of planes from that of Aces High. They do their research and their costumers are rather demanding in regards of accuracy.

17. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  18. looseleaf

My biggest gripe about the Jap planes was that certain types would have one wing shot-off and in flames yet they would SPEED AWAY and out maneuver my attack; I could be in any plane, spit, P40 F4F, F6F... anything...

When hit with a generous application of .50 cal dozens of fuel leaks and no flames and no fuselage damage.. only with 20mm did it finally catch fire but and wings fall-off but no kill.... they just ran away !!!!

Also I remember one great game where a certain person is a "snoppy" was jumped by 5 zekes down low and player shot down 4....

there was so much screaming on open channel about 'cheating' and "no plane can out turn a zeke down low" etc..

the funny thing was that within a week of that great slaughter "suddenly" zekes appeared to be able to turn inside the snoopy plane at any speed.....

so, yes certain players were NOT pleased !!!!!!!

:D

19. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was pissed off. No, I don't think you are referring to me in a snoopy, I suck, but I have, a few times, eaten a Zero Sen or a Hayabayusa or two. Until that stopped being possible. I wondered what the fuck had changed, was it me? Was it shitty memory? Was I getting even suckier?

20. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

This games is so fucked up I wonder that anyone plays this shit anymore. :D

Hey -------alw--------.

Why don't this russian dream develpment team update to 1.42, when this game was playable and joyful to play. This nowdays version is actully not 1.69 but