USA vs. IRAK

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Benjamin8, Mar 20, 2003.

?

Is USA's attack to Irak ok?

1. yes

23 vote(s)
    16.8%
  2. no

105 vote(s)
    76.6%
  3. who cares

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

No comments

Last edited: Apr 10, 2003
  2. chas

chas New Member

:mafia: im a farm boy n im didnt even know about the war,we grow some mighty fine herb over here in the good ole' U.S. ofA

3. rubin-

rubin- Member

Johnny's in America, low-tech's at the wheel
    No-one needs anyone, they don't even just
    pretend
    Johnny's in America

I'm afraid of Americans
    I'm afraid of the world
    I'm afraid I can't help it
    I'm afraid I can't
    Johnny's in America

Johnny wnats a brain, Johnny wants to suck on a
    coke
    Johnny wants a woman, Johnny wants to think of
    a joke
    Johnny's in America

I'm afraid of Americans
    I'm afraid of the world
    I'm afraid I can't
    Johnny's in America

Johnny's in America, Johnny looks up at the stars
    Johnny combs his hair and Johnny wants pussy
    and cars
    Johnny's in America

I'm afraid of Americans
    I'm afraid of the world
    I'm afraid I can't
    Johnny's in America

God is an American
    I'm afraid of Americans
    I'm afraid of the world

I'm afraid I can't

I'm afraid of Americans
    I'm afraid of the words
    I'm afraid I can't
    God is an American
    God is an American

David Bowie - Im Afraid Americans (from album Earthlings - 1997)

4. Kutya

Kutya Banned

I hate Bowie!

5. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

end of the regime

WOOHOO......

the coalition of the willing has pulled down Saddam's statue....now the regime has been toppled.

[sarcasm mode off]

Since when has a statue been running Iraq????

Regards, Oz

6. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Oil wells will go to the highest bidder.
    Who has the oil wells contorls the price and income. Do you think iraqui companies can compete with corporations like Exxon in free bidding?

Business is rarely pure and simple. Or are you saying harvesting bananas for chiquita is good business for bolivians? :/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2003
  7. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

Glas, it's true that we can find those pics anywhere (look to Africa and you'll find thousands), but that does not mean that we must close our eyes to reality. This is (or has been) a terrible war (as any other war), and no one can say the opposite. By the information we've had here, US gov didn't even show those pics, to avoid people's moral to go down. That's not fair. People have the right to have information, the opposite is censors work, and in a democracy, that has no place (or shouldn't have).

It's sad to see those pics, but necessary. Look well at them, and think if they wont suffer in the future, maybe more than under a regime (these kind of childrens, when they grow old, have fear even of a violent door shut ). Is that right? Is it better than live under a regime? I, sincerely, don't know.

Just my oppinion, please, nobody feel offended

8. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

the words "new regime" and "installed" is a good indeication of the free country Iraq will be ... Oh yes they will be free to do what the yanks tell 'em to do....As for the OIL thats what the yanks want lets hope the rest of the world can pay the price of Americas war on terrorists.

And good business at that for the Iraqis.... Should read and good business at that for the Americans....

About 80% of the worlds people (not goverments) think that George Bush is the worlds No:1 terrorist....WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS???????????????

9. heme

heme Well-Known Member

Spaceb`s pictures are cruel for all parents.

Glas: I cant agree with your opinion. They got changed Saddam for US tanks and companies and you can believe me: democracy will be a iraqu government created by USA. And they will pay for their "liberation" with oil - the real reason for this war.
    Rebuilding of Iraq by american companies, long running contracts of US Oil Companies and freedom at the mean (and restriction) of the US Governement. Business as usual...........

10. zh

zh Well-Known Member

Iraq will pay all money that USA were wasted on this war. USA made administration, oil companies etc. Oil companies maybe will have arabic names but will be americans. Money rules world and especially in USA.

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

UN? are you nuts? USA bought the right to reconstruct iraq!

12. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ Cierzo: No offence taken :) And trust me, i do agree with you that the world needs to see these pictures. They must know the suffering of the people there so they (well, we in the UK and US) can try to make sure that our Govts do actually do something positive for the people there (over and above getting rid of the regime). These pictures are available all over the internet, even for the UK and US where our media have been restricting such pictures. However, posting them on the forum of a game does NOT mean that everyone in the UK and US are forced to look at them. It is only forcing people in this forum, who are completely aware of the hardship and suffering, to look. My point was just that i dont need them shoved in my face. :)

@ kangaa: Give me a break, please! It was a simple off-the-cuff statement from ME, not the official position. And btw, in this country at election times, we talk about us INSTALLING new leaderships. What is so different to UK citizens 'installing' our leadership and Iraqi people 'installing' their own leadership?? If you have to resort to grabbing one word from an individual's post to back up your assertion we are all evil and only want to plunder Iraq, you must be getting pretty desperate to be honest. :shuffle:

@ nic: Okay, whatever you want to believe. Time will be the judge, tho i doubt i will be hearing many people taking back their vitriol when it is proved that all your claims are unfounded. At least if my country fucks this up and makes it worse for the Iraqis, I will be willing to put my hand up and admit I was wrong. If it ends up a spectacular success for the people of Iraq, will you do the same?

Thought not.....

-glas-

13. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

time will tell us what will happen, but we shall tell if it should have happened at all!

of course i would - how the hell would i deny a fact as big as a country?

how can you ever assume i am so stubbornly ignorant?

14. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

The UK budget was annouced yesterday and contains Ј122 million in aid for Iraq.

Let me see, in the UK Health is underfunded, the Police are underfunded, Education is underfunded. Our transport system is falling to pieces.

Add to the Ј122 million the cost of prosecuting the war and bugger me wouldn't the UK have been a nice place to live.

Mal

15. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Hi Malino, how much was the UK's budget for this Iraq war? I don't remember, but I'm almost sure it is at least 10x more... Compare it to the humanitarian budget and you'll see that this last one is kinda small.

16. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Something stupid like Ј10 billion.

Funny how goverments can always find the money to wage war but when it comes to funding the Health service all we get is "If you want a decent Health Service then you'll have to pay more taxes".

Mal

17. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Exactly, Malino.. That's the point. They would say that they are "angels" because they gave (put a british currency symbol here)122 millions to humanitarian stuff... and will make a huge marketing about this fact, but at this moment nobody remembers of those 10 billions spent with BULLETS and BOMBS. I'm sure that those 10 billions would save your own health system, transports and all the things that need some funds. I still don't understand why UK people support this war.

Politics and politicians.. they all suck.

18. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I really dont understand what you mean, especially given your assertion that you would accept you were wrong if the Allies do prove to be doin git for the benefit of Iraq. So it shouldnt have happened at all?

Something to do with the attitude of alot of people on these forums. Some have already openly admitted that they wanted us to LOSE the war. The result of us 'losing' the war would have been Iraqis being even worse off than they were 3 weeks ago before this started.

Worse still, is that some of these comments have come from the more 'educated' members of this forum.

So please forgive me for not realising that in the midst of all the vitriol and hatred shown on this board towards the US and UK, that I missed someone who will have the balls to admit they were wrong.

-glas-

19. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

How did you expect us to get rid of Hussain? Water pistols? Spud guns?

The humanitarian money is only for the IMMEDIATE problems in Iraq. Its only 13m people. Along with the money being promised by the US, it will be more than enough to give people the basics they need right now.

Btw, how much has your country contributed to the relief effort, since you are so concerned about the welfare of Iraqis?

-glas-

20. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Actually nothing. It has nothing to do with your messing of Iraq, it didn't support this attack.. and we have our own poverty, misery and starvation to fight, so not enough money to all, but is much better than spending with stupid war for power which costs BILLIONS. Here, US$ 5 billions would get rid of all the starvation and misery giving people jobs therefore, food!!! This is what makes people happy everywhere, including Iraq, not a fake freedom...

BTW, do you think that USA and UK won't make Iraq pay the "humanitarian" bill later? It will pay, one way or another, but will pay, that's how they tie the hands of poor countries.

I'm not so concerned about welfare of Iraqis only, I'm concerned about all worldwide. I have seen misery, starvation and poverty live, by myself, not through a TV. It's heart-breaking when you see someone begging for a meal on a daily basis.
    I can see and feel how it is, it's not only in Iraq, it is in Central, South America and Africa as well... why no humanitarian aid from these so "nice" governments? All humanitarian aid I see are from non-profit organizations.

Tell me...
    Would you rather spend billions supporting 3rd world countries' programs to kill starvation/misery or supporting a stupid war to get rid of one 'dangerous' person, and even worse it has some "collateral damage" to civilians?
    Which one is less selfish and contribute to worlwide welfare instead of one or other country's welfare? That's a quite easy answer, ain't it?