Vaclav havel in coulumbia Univ.

Discussion in 'Warbirds Czech & Slovak' started by looseleaf, Sep 29, 2006.

1. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Hey guys;

I read that the former pres is going to teach art at columbia Univ. in New York!!!

Seems to be a real good guy.

What can you tell me about him? Is he Czech or Slovak? How was he as a president?
    How are the two countries now? How different are the two languages?

I need some opinions, please!

Thank you

2. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

Vaclav Havel is one of the greatest prezidents of my country. I remember only one greater Tomas G. Masaryk who made a lot of for Czechoslovakia when it born.

V. Havel was a good writer, actor and stage manager. But he cant do anything more than scene-shifter till we had comunists totality. 1948-1989

He was against comunists and he was one of chartists 77.

He had a wife name Olga, but i think he was philanderer(i hope it is right word, someone who has more girlfriends) and she torerated him.

After 1989 he was elected as prezident of Czechoslovakia, after 1993 he was elected again as prezident of Czech republic. There is a rule which says that every prezident could be elected only twice, but V. Havel was prezident twice in Czechoslovakia and twice in Czech republic. Now he is writing books and enjoying life with his new wife Dagmar(Olga died some years ago).

He was Czech.

Now we have V. Klaus as prezident, our politicans havent enough respect to made any liveable goverment, now Czechs havent goverment, old goverment still rule and new goverment havent enough votes for governance. This situation is still for about some months. We have 200 votes in parlament and for goverment we need 101 votes, unfortunatelly after last ellections the right have 100 votes and the left have 100 votes too, DRAW. Now i see that we dont need goverment because all things are OK for these months, no panic, no end of world.

Differents between Czech and Slovak language are very small and we understand Slovaks very well.

Situation in Slovakia isnt the best, they have some social problems and some problems with Hungarians in their republic. They have some nacionalists in goverment and i see that relations between Hungary and Slovakia are very cold.

OT: to looseleaf: any questions about targetware i can answer, so if you have any, lets ask me, PM pls.

3. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

V.H. was an actor? :eek: I don't think so :rolleyes:

4. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

site of V. Havel

OK, he wasnt actor as i see now, i though he played in theatre.