video card (again)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by skhawk, Jan 6, 2008.

1. skhawk

skhawk Well-Known Member

Hello.

I have a laptop with nvidia 8600M GT and when im running warbirds the sky colors are distorted. did anybody have any luck in making wb work with newer video cards? I used both latest nvidia drivers (taken from www.laptopvideo2go.com) and those that came from the manufacturer.
    any ideas? because i dont really like 2d cheater mode :)

2. demian

demian Well-Known Member

i have old nvidia card.but,i had same problem when i tried to use newer drivers.i dont know if it will work for u but my suggestion is to try old drivers.
    simply,new drivers are not always the best ones.for my card "forceware" drivers make seeing sky in squares...but "detonator" drv. make sky nice and clear...of course if my monitor is clean:)

3. skhawk

skhawk Well-Known Member

actually my real problem is that: i got a new laptop with vista preinstalled. in order to play warbirds i made a second boot with xp %).
    now in vista wb works fine, i got nice colours, joy is working but i have no keyboard input (radio is working; also if i program the joy from wb options then i can use some of the in game commands).
    On the other hand, in xp the colors are distorted (sky is surrealistic :D) and i havent managed to make my joy working (because saitek messed recently their programming software :dura: ).
    btw do you know if there is any way of making wb understand and program multiple button joysticks?

4. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

I have:
    nVidia GeForce FX 5200, using Forceware 93.71
    Nothing wrong with the sky (I think I get too bad fps though, around 60 at lo-res)
    But, then again, in laptops they tend to use tweaks from the start, for some reason or another.

Regarding saiteks SW, I don't use it for WB, I have manually in WB set which buttons to do what. But, I only have a Cyborg, if U have like X52 or such I see the need to use better SW.

GL
    ;)

5. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Almost the same problem here.

I've got new laptop with Vista and GeForce 7600.

I get WB in 2D and no kepboard controls.

Haven't gotten my X52 joy to work either.

Works great with Aces High though.

I'm afraid there is no easy fix for those who are stuck with Vista.

I just may have to get some older laptop or desktop to play FH/WB again.

Has anybody been successful using a dual boot system with Vista and 2000 pro with FAT32 and NOT NTFS?

6. flygavn1

flygavn1 New Member

7. skhawk

skhawk Well-Known Member

i had installed 32-bit color wb version but i continued getting those strange colors. i disabled all 3d effects but problem continued.
    i installed an older version of nvidia drivers but because it was so old that my card wasnt suported it didnt work.
    i wanted to install some earlier drivers which support my video card but at that moment wb2007 appeared in tabahost and i abandonned all efforts of making wb run in 3d :shuffle:

8. demian

demian Well-Known Member

lol...yes, its another solution:)
    btw,be careful with that 32-bit patch,i know that after i have tried it,i couldnt join training arena...wb saw it as virus:shuffle:

9. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

No. That had nothing to do with it. It is because They knew it was you trying to log in

:joystick: