WB combat tracks!...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by By-Tor, Jul 26, 2003.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

I have just loaded and watched recorded tracks of 2 fights I recieved from haupt via e-mail. I did not even know this ability existed with WB's! What a very very cool tool we have available to us :kruto: BIG <S> to whoever was responsible for adding this ability to Wb's :@prayer: This brings to mind a couple questions and possibilities now!....

How does a pilot start the film rolling and shut it off while in flight please? :dunno:

Who else would enjoy very much watching tracks of other pilots favorite fights? I would :kruto:
    Think how cool it would be as a learning tool to ALL of us to be able to see how other pilots are manuevering! I just watched myself through haupts POV and was able to see where I made my mistakes. Very humbling, but with a little bit of humility we are able to grow much quicker as virtual combat pilots but studying the moves and counter moves of our combats.
    example. Why did I reverse my turn direction after extending to gain a bit of Energy for the next pass? :dunno: It only served to give haupt a chance to level his flight and line up for a quick snap-shot :dura: Which I dont know HOW he missed! :D

Anyone else think it would be fun to watch favorite fights and come here to discuss pros and cons of the moves chosen?
    It would sure be a welcome addition to this forum IMO.

Come on- whos next? :duel:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  2. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

I really like to watch others tracks too. Someone suggested a thread where ppl should post their tracks but i think most of us cant host it on the web wich made the thread disapears.

About the track's commands:

To start recording in middle of the flight type:

.record *name of the track here* (enter)

Ex: .record fighter1 (enter)

To finish recording:

.stop (enter)

You can set an alias command to a determined key too wich makes the life easier to start and stop. BUT all the tracks will receive the same name and you will have to watch later and rename them. I think there is also a way to config the game to always start recording automaticaly when u push *fly* and stop when u exit plane but again tracks will receive always a random name automaticaly.

I prefer to start recording and name it while inflight wich i always do when i first see a con and stop when the fight ends. Im getting pretty fast in typing eh ;)

An important suggestion i give is that try to always start recording only when going in action and stop when fight ends. This results in a less boring track.
    Personaly i refuse to watch tracks where ppl records since the take off, all boring navigation then the fight.
    My tracks always starts on the merge and stops when the con (or me) is down. :D

Now that you discovered this great thing, pls feel free to email me your favourites and expect to receive more from me. I just checked my collection... got about 460 tracks stored. :eek:

3. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

well i think ur wrong haupt - its best to record the track from autoexecuted aliases - from the time when rolling from field;
    sometimes the best fights r so unsuspected that u can only regret u didnt recorded it...
    and theres a common known way to cut the whole boring parts off - u just watch the track and when combat is about to begin u record a track from the watched track :)

im doin it this way, and i would miss many good fights if i would relay on my awarness in recording tracks before fight during the flight :)

so i fly without care about my records and if one sortie is worth remembering i just logoff save the track with its unical name, watch it later and cut the interesting me part;

and i agree with By-Tor - when u watch ur moves from ur enemys POV u can see ur mistakes more clearly;
    so idea of watching and discussing about tracks is very good imo;

4. dick_steel

dick_steel Well-Known Member

I agree, spuint.

Fex. i have had few fights on runway, recently with zeke, that i shot down while rolling, and other one when i drove around airfield shooting jeepack that some genious has driven from nearby field.... :D

One of those great moments. (Wich i, sadly, did not record. (Stupid, stupid me!)

And about idea having tracks shown on forum, i completely agree.
    It would be a hell of a lesson to ME to see how YOU shoot me down. Maybe "old dog" might learn something. Maybe one day i might learn how to be something more than easy target.

[sniff]

5. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Here's mine collection of tracks that I found interesting or just funny (like the one where I'm dogfighting on 109G6 without both ailerons ;)). It pretty much reveals most of my favourite moves (and also shows my poor shooting skills) but what the hell... maybe someone will find some of them useful or at least entertaining. You can get them here.

6. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

we all have (I think, b̉‘couse I have) at FHLauncher , a feature 1,51 called onstartflight wich start the record of the last track. And we have an onexitflight thats stops that recording.
    If U make 2 alias, (I did ctrl+R to record - .record vibora- and ctrl+S to stop- .stop) U get this:
    a) U record ALL ur sorties, from take off till end;
    - if u forget to rec U do not loose the trk
    b) U can, also, save the most important moments of the flight pressing ctrl+s (to stop the automatic rec) and then ctrl+R to start a new rec only w/ that essencial part, when U get some air action -dont forget to ctrl+S after (if u still alive)

7. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Thats THE problem, spuint. I hate watching long boring tracks again just to save the usually short interesting part. ;)

8. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

that means the fight wasnt interesting enough ;) :p

no, seriously - i save them with names which tells me whats in there; once a week, a month or hour (depends) i just delete them all :D or watch them (when connection is bad fe) and ripp fights;

ofcourse no need to do as im doing, im just sayin i would miss some good fights if i would do like u; :)