Weekend Warrior N.03 "Kursk Sky" - who won?

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by HoHun, Nov 14, 2004.

1. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Weekend Warrior N.03 "Kursk Sky" - who won?

Hi everyone! :)

Well, who won this Weekend Warrior? I have no idea!

I was nominated Gold leader (no one else wanted the job), and I ordered Golds to take off from F1 in the Me 109G-2 (because of its better performance) and climb as high as possible in one big group (because we were slightly outnumbered, I decided not to split forces).

As a result, we cruised over the Mediterranean Sea at 7 to 8 km, expecting to meet the Reds somewhere, preferably lower. The Reds surprised us by not showing up, so I broke up the Gold group and sent scouting parties to different fields, but still no contact.

Only when we got radar guidance from late arrivals, we were able to find the Reds, who quite unexpectedly had made a low-level intrusion in Gold airspace. (I hope that was within the rules - I forgot to ask hardy about that.)

We were vectored in to a Red group N of F1 going at high speed at low level. With the 6 Golds that were remaining in the "main" group (I had sent off 4, and the rest got lost somewhere - poor formation keeping!), we dived at the Red group. I nearly overran a straggler without seeing it, and the Yak broke up and away and probably confused my Gold group because they were all far away when I reached the main Red group, who were warned and turned back on me. I counted 7 or 8 Reds.

It followed a slightly confused fight with some Golds fighting in the vertical and some in the horizontal, while the Reds seemed horizontal mostly. I saw that the Golds seemed to stay on top, and that the Red numbers shrank. However, maybe that only meant that the Reds were killing the Golds low, and those on top were the stragglers who hadn't entered the fight yet. Anyway, the battle lasted the entire duration, and in the end there were still Reds left low and few Golds at all, so I think the battle probably was won by the Reds.

I'd think that the first Red group was a bait to draw the Luftwaffe low, but if there ever was a strike by the other half of the Red forces I can't say because I never saw anyone coming in high except for a few Golds.

Right at the end of the battle, my wingman was shot down while I was watching, and shouting warning after warning at him over the radio. What a bloody fool, I told him the attack was coming a minute before it came!

(Another line of the battle was the scout group I sent back to check F3, which apparently ran into the infamous P-39N and chased it for a long way without catching it.)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

2. hardy

hardy Well-Known Member

Re: Weekend Warrior N.03 "Kursk Sky" - who won?

Thx for nice description, HoHun :)
    we are waiting for logs.

3. Sarych.

Sarych. Well-Known Member

Че, не поймали кобру?? Вот умора, то :)

4. Buenau

Buenau Well-Known Member

View from red side.

Before start we nominate our lider - bw, as FH developer, he know all good and poore sides of planes in scenario :). Yak9D~= 109G2 near 100 m alt, higher perfomance of 109 is better. This thing and make our tactick - very low level patroling and waiting then 109-s eat all his fuel :) Stefan in p39N was declared as alone free hunter before, in brefing. I offer make a pairs and shwarms, but nobody want it, ada and me fly in pair. But in red side was some anarchy :), and part of yaks dont come with main group of reds and fly as they want in unknown route :). We (main group, ~7-8 reds low and 2 reds ~1,5 km high) up f20 and move f19-f9-f7 (near) and start circlyng near f1.
    We all fly and fly without contacts, then after 15-20 min and 30-40% of fuel :) our group between f1 and f15 (over sea) was attacked by 3 or 4 109-s, after some time number of 109s increase to 7-8. We dont have possibility to attack and make only defence with horisontal turns, and make defence cyrcles over sea. I lost ada very fast :( cos golds attacks was very rapid and defence was hard :( Some reds was shooted, but some golds too fall in flame :) I make 1 assist (firing distance was not close). 109-s oil trouble was presented here, as yaks fuel fire too :) Some times ago i lost all of reds and was in bad situation with 3-4 109-ers on my tail :) I try run away to f15- (&f12), and near f15 i meet bw, and he clear my tail (thnx him). Some reds was here too and we try attack 109-ers, i catch low 109g6 and hit in this guy ~5-7x20 from d1,5 without result :) And near d0.5 on his tail i catch the water :) Thats all ;)

Scenario was very interesting, but our tacktick imho was not right for the RL. May be better for us will be make a nice bloode dogfight 'wall to wall' :) in alt 2-4 km, like in real Kursk. May be we (reds) may all die, but its be more realistik and then - funny :)

Thank u all, especially Hardy, for scenario!

5. -bw-

-bw- FH Beta Tester

Анализ трека

kill of --alx- by ho-hun
    kill of eddiev by sonar
    kill of -ada-- by khazar (manevr kill (winkey) (ада разгильдяй - winkey))
    kill of malino by --bw--
    kill of golzac by newtry
    kill of andrei by khazar
    kill of hardy by -jeah-
    kill of jeanny by rlotus
    kill of buenau by bazura (manevr kill (тоже разгильдяй) :))

если бы :) не плохо подготовленная матчасть :) (диско у (hardy zmh) и winkey у -ada--) мы бы скорее всего победили. А так нас просто было мало.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  6. newtry

newtry Well-Known Member

Поздравляю товарищи пилоты :).

7. hardy

hardy Well-Known Member

Re: Анализ трека

21:01:24 mrhope Collision

21:04:38 sonar- Collision

я пока завязываю летать с такой связью.
    только статистику портить :)
    буду на радаре сидеть :shuffle: :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  8. zmh

zmh Well-Known Member

У меня улучшение связи не предвидится.. ночью лучше, вечером обычно хуже.. связь в принципе нормальная, но время от времени модем затыкается.. иногда это кончается диско, в данном случае самого момеда :(

Бабла на установку себе дома нормального канала пока не предвидится.. самому бы хотелось избавиться от этой хрени :(