What Happened!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by gawong, Sep 9, 2000.

1. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

Christiansted, St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands
    Tonight or should i say morning its about 12:20 am Atlantic Standard, I could not get on using any of the proxies, including the new USA proxy, so tried the old IP and guess what...... my squad mates and I are in. We fly for maybe about 20 minutes then get discoed. I guess it was about 7:45 am Moscow time, and I know that at least all my squad members from GMB got discoed. Not sure if the entire system went down. Did it or is this just a problem in the west. None of the three proxies, or the regular IP works now....please, please say it aint so.... and if the system is down, how long before its up?

2. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i dont know about that..but i wasnt able to connect for the scenario!!!! argh!!!!!!!
    i could connect normally to the other arena, but when i try to the scenario one, it sais i use an invalid ip! (195.something)..
    right now u all should be playing it..ARGH!! what the heck??

------------------
    peace, -nicae-

3. -Yogik

-Yogik Well-Known Member

Gawong and others, you have to understand few things
    1. The router in Moscow acts stange and we can't predict of what is going to happend next second, sometimes main FH server is not accesable at all
    2. That time all proxies were down exept usa one, but this proxy points on one of russians proxies and if the russian one down you will not get a connection
    3. So consider it just a bad luck, I have same problems
    4. If iEN will know about USA proxy I'll have to shut it down , so be careful

4. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

I would not tell a soul and if others were to broadcast this to ien or ien players who frequent FH and are not discrete, and I know a few players on the otherside, who hates the concept of FH and would do anything to kill it. I personally would spare no expense to hunt down and destroy anyone who would jepordize my second home..... which is sometimes the major cause of arguments in my first home...LOL.

5. -nicae-

hehe!
    but what are their arguments?? how can they complain about FH??? [​IMG]

------------------
    peace, -nicae-

6. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

To me it should be a matter of choice. I spoke to a couple pilots with whom I often played HTH. Several joined FH and either didnt like the arena because of limited arena choices, went back to ien no problem. Some stayed with FH, others occasionally visit FH, but still stay with ien. But there are a few who would not even think about trying FH because they feel that this is stealing. I disagree. To me stealind is somehow tapping into ien and flying on their server for free. If ien players were to really give FH a chance, I assure you with the complaints I read in AGW and IEN Forums, I bet their would be a mecca from ien to FH. I think IEN has more fear of FH than anything else.

7. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Envy. We fly for free while they have to pay two bucks per hour.

And some people really think they are tough 'cause they are rich and don't need any "stinking hacks" [​IMG]

iEN refused when we offered our help and even suggested to use FH as a payed "experimental gameplay arena".

Hotseat threatened to use bandits to force the server down [​IMG]

Please read:
    http://ubb.visualcircuits.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000002.html

I hope I explained everything there. [​IMG]

------------------
    --
    With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    wb:boroda
    Commissar 25th IAP VVS

8. -nicae-

Yeah!! I heard about it!!!
    What type of help did you offer ien??

I think that ien should make free arenas so that people would play their game online and become excited about scenarios ( like i was with yours [​IMG] )and pay for them.

Of course theyre afraid of FH! But i dont think they will cause us much trouble if we dont publish this server too strongly. People will find out about FH in time! [​IMG]

btw..when is the next scenario going to be?? i missed this last one becaus i wasnt able to connect to the scenario arena (wich i dont know why..).

------------------
    peace, -nicae-

9. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I hope - this Saturday. It will be simpler one.

And it will be free of charge. [​IMG] Of course I accept donations of $5 or other small sum, or a postcard from your towns. [​IMG]

About connecting to second arena - if you use proxy, open the hosts file and put "2" to after the "wb" in the www address: "wb2.bla-bla..."

When you want to play back on main arena - remove the "2"

This should be explained on aike`s page IMO.

PS: I`m serios about donations.

[This message has been edited by grobar (edited 11 September 2000).]

10. --ph--

--ph-- FH Webmaster

2grobar:
    It is not necessary to remove one string. In host there can be done both of them:
    212.1.224.39 wb.chph.ras.ru
    212.1.224.39 wb2.chph.ras.ru
    BUT! Please check your direct connection and it is better to use:
    195.208.34.5 wb.chph.ras.ru
    195.208.34.13 wb2.chph.ras.ru
    And either your direct connection is bad, please, try first other proxies before using this one, because it is mostly used and is overloaded (so sometimes you just can't connect).

phantom aka --ph--

11. -nicae-

Thx folks! [​IMG]

coooool! i hope i make it in the scenario this time!!

about the donations.. im only a kid! mama wont let me! [​IMG]
    but if u ever need anything like images, id be glad to help. [sorry, but its all im "good" at.. [​IMG] ]

------------------
    peace, -nicae-

12. lemmie

lemmie Well-Known Member

GROBAR- If you leave an address(mail), 8thesandbox squadron will send postcards, the one below: [​IMG]

13. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I accept only images of your village/city. Also personally made photos. [​IMG]

For my mail address contact me on ICQ.

Unfortunately, frwind disapproved my idea for this Saturday. When is going to be the next scenario is unknown. [​IMG]

14. -nicae-

[​IMG] !!!!
    oh well...
    whats the problem? (i really have no idea what it takes for you guys to make a scenario!!!)
    and c if u can make another one soon!!!

------------------
    peace, -nicae-