What is this game?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by pietas, Feb 20, 2006.

1. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Already, my official victims are : 80% planes killed, 20% hmacks killed.
    Reported decreased air activity at MA, compared to 2y ago arena.
    Many times I had to land with almost full magazines load.
    Enemy air forces are numerous only when trying to capture our field.
    When decisive victory is going to our side, cons are dropping fast from sky.
    Ground defences are growning :)
    And situations like that often happen: 10 ours above enemy field without bombs and rocks, field well closed, only 1-2 enemy jeep and.. salemate :D
    Stupid waiting 5mins, 10mins, nothing happened, enemy waiting for reup for 5jeeps more support :O
    This is a new freehost called 1.65.
    My offcial scores are 20% jeeps only.
    But I dont know alghoritm.
    Sometimes i kill 3 jeeps and system will count 3.
    Sometimes I kill 3 and system will count 1.
    Once i killed 4 and system count only 1 for me.
    Once i kill 10 in 2 sorties, system count only 5.
    So real scores are about 1/3 kills are enemy ground units.

I demand apologies from developers & explainations why they made air combat simulator to panzer commander simulator.
    WTF?

2. daedal

daedal Well-Known Member

Apologies? It may be a little exaggeration. But hmacks shouldn't be there because when people are busy with them, they cannot fly at the same moment which means less fun in the air.

3. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

Your a halfwit...No more to say...

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Agree, but in this particular case he's right. Jeeps are killing fun. People no more do jabo, because jeeps ruin a 10 mins flight, adding to the danger of jaboing itself the danger of jeep's fire. Closing a field is now only a matter of buffs, and not everyone loves buffs or has the ability to use them.

I'd vote for jeeps to be removed. But i fear developers love them too much....

5. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

sure hmacks are too powerful
    but i didnt knew pietas wrote this game or hosts this server to be apologized for anything :D

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

True. I should have said: He's right except in apologizing demands. My fault :shuffle:

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

imho jeeps remove major flaw of the game that all aaa-gns are in predictable positions.
    real aaa was disguised at unexpected positions.

8. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

yeah like sometimes i can't even see those damn aaa's (even though I know where they are), 'cause of the textures

if you want to go this way exec you should turn the icons off as well, 'cause it's a major flaw of the game...

think of a better excuse

jeeps are a pain in the ass: too much firepower, too manouverable, too fast, too hard to kill, almost no dispersion, no visible tracers - is all this needed to compensate for the known positions of aaa?

c'mon, cut the bullshit

9. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Hmm, i'm trained jabo, and i'm killing hmack usually.
    Just want to said what i noticed after 2y break.
    Game is different, less ppl in flight, more staying on the ground.
    Taking big field while roster is high is almost not possible.
    I remember attack f28 once. Reds were pushing hard but ~15 jeeps defended it.
    Sure reds didnt make it.
    My yak-1 get 10 of them in 2 sorties (system counts only 5), but they were growning every field reup.
    Then i had to go lunch, and when i return after 15mins, we lost f29 & f30.
    Once i remember f25 defence (AWT map).
    That was only gold field in area, just taken from cv f20.
    Reds were pushing in decimal numbers of air forces.
    But we were defending in decimal number of jeeps ;)
    Sure they didnt take it, after some 20mins, when reds stoped to attack, most of golds stop defending. And field was taken later, when noone remember & care it anymore ;)
    I was there only because i dont want reds to take f25.
    Sure we make it, but is that what is gonna be ?
    15 jeeps on the ground mean 15 airplanes less in the air :O

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Also, jeeps are more lethal than acks. I used to be able to close a small field alone in f6f and rtb. Now, i don't even dare to dive in a field. And i'm not worried for acks, but jeeps moving fast as hell, warping with those fast movements and heading changes, and with guns that in 90% of the cases just need 1x25 to kill a plane. Maybe 2x25 if you're lucky...

11. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Thats we get the fucking-serious-REASON why developers change this game to panzer commander.
    Thx exec. You not surprise me again.
    Its same story as fuel level (i repeat russian reason : buff vs fighter cover, thats why 0.35 fuel div (roxorz!) ), damn russians.. shilka is the same.
    Static ack positions :O (no comments)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

at least restrict the number of jeeps / field, if not get them off.
    there are many times when 1/2 of the defending side is sitting in jeeps.

13. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Well, while I most definitely agree that jeeps are too lethal, I'd say they still can't stop a well-organized raid from closing and taking a field (even a large one) unless there's like 20 of them. The problem is that we RARELY see those well-organized raids. Usually you'll either have 80% of the raiders charge in without any bombs / rockets (duh!) ... OR people do bring bombs but no one remembered to bring a Li-2 (and by the time the Li-2 finally arrives, the field will have reopened half a million times and 3 out of 4 raiders will have gotten themselves killed trying to strafe acks and jeeps. Another variation is there not actually being a 'raid' so to speak but more like a steady but thin trickle of single planes feeding themselves into the enemy defensive fire.
    Before you start calling me a smartass, I realize full well that organizing a really effective raid is by far not as easy as it sounds. I mean you'd need quite a few people and they'd have to really stick to their objectives, too. Anyway, getting carried away here, my original point was that jeeps do suck, but they do not in any way, shape or form make capturing fields impossible __IF__ the raiders know what they're doing. In fact, if anything jeeps may make the raiders' task easier as each jeep on the ground == 1 less fighter in the air, and IMO fighters are a heck of a lot more effective at foiling an attack than jeeps can ever hope to be.

14. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I don't agree. And proofs you can get everytime mixer, muumi, zorg or mart are in the arena. They can kill 7 planes in a row while they avoid enemy missiles and bombs. And even expert jabos fail to kill them everytime. I've seen people close a field with very precise hits, and fire on a jeep 6 rox to miss all of them. Of course, they got killed sooner or later (the plane, that is)...

15. Red Ant

I have yet to see a jeep that dodges a well aimed 1000 pounder. And if you dive down at an angle of nearly 90 degrees, that'll make it virtually impossible for the jeep to shoot back at ya due to the elevation limit of their guns. When I get killed by jeeps, it's usually because I got suckered into a low & slow turnfight very close to the enemy field.

16. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

you don't take 1000 pounders for a raid and kill jeeps with it :)

17. Red Ant

I do. :D A good raid should always take more bombs than strictly necessary to close the field IMO.

18. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Few planes carry such a bomb, specially in red side. Maybe TBF, but with its size, it's easy target for jeeps
    Its elevation is almost 90º (i know it's less than it, but...), and if you dive on a jeep at a 90º angle, and it moves, how do you rectify? And if you rectify, do yo have time to climb after and not crash? And if there are 2 jeeps, even if you can kill one in dive, what happens with the other? You're an easy target while recovering...

19. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

more != bigger, I'd even risk saying more = !bigger ;)

20. Red Ant

I can only talk about my own subjective experience, and that is that is:
    me diving on jeep with 500 (or 1000) lb pound == dead jeep

I start my dive from 7 kft or higher, which means by the time I release my bomb I'll have accumulated enough airspeed to warrant a quick escape that gives a jeep little chance to score a hit. When I do get trounced, it's by some ack I didn't see ... usually 40 mm. Also in the 4 to 5 seconds it takes me to dive down to my drop alt, any movement by the jeep in whatever direction takes only minor corrections to account for.
    If you feel that this is untrue, we can always go to the TA and then you can show me how well a jeep fares against a good dive bombing attack. ;)

P.S. I don't wanna sound bigheaded here; I'm certainly not the greatest fighter bomber pilot and I do fuck up an attack occasionally.