why does f4f fly like i153

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by wabwab, Aug 21, 2004.

1. wabwab

wabwab Well-Known Member

what kind of setup is this pls, f4f is flying like a i153 in turns and keeps energy up like spit is fast and outclimbs 109e? pls tell me why? :cheers:

2. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Because the Admins like to watch golds squirm. Their goal is to one day have only allied players and have drone golds flying in a straight line.

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

not much difference with what i find in MA any day ;)

4. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Who do you think you are kidding Broz? You fly only as red and have no idea the crap golds have to put up with, especially early in the war. I on the other hand, fight only for gold, but frequently use another nick to sample red planes. This F4F is not as it used to be. It turns inside A6M, out climbs 109e, out dives any plane and over all will not slow down. Reds have even had problems landing the plane because it will not go below 150 mph without deliberate energy wasting turns. I rolled an F4F-3 from f21 and got right to the testing. From its take-off at 100 mph, I initiated a hard left turn. I immediately got a blaring stall horn, but did that do anything to the stability of the plane? No! Instead, I accelerated from 75 to 150 mph in a matter of seconds-in an extremely tight turn. The F4F-3 has been blessed with the "Spitfire Effect."

Please, FH team, why do you do this to us? Don't play the typical, "you are just a whiner" ploy with me because you know very well what I am talking about. Is there some admin who gets a kick out of doing this?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  5. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I got a new idea. How about since reds think its so damn funny to fly an uber plane and nothing else, how about the mc202 gets remodled?

Im thinking a 5000hp engine that has a fuel consumption of 0.00001 turning like that cool plane off line...what is it...oh yhea the "foo". Plus the climbing ability of superman. Because I think it would be HALARIOUS!

Not to be rude, but is it just coincidence that reds always get the "uber" planes? We have had planes on our side made slightly better, but nothing that is top of the line. I mean for god sakes, the typhoon outruns and out accelerates the 190! You have to get a good jump on a typhoon or hope that your a lite version so you can squirm away or something....this is ridiculous, do moderators find it amusing? You cant tell us it was an "error" and that you still havnt noticed it and could have delt with it. If it is testing for the brewster, please, do it on one of the other hosts......this is lame.

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

squirl, you think you're the only one who has "hidden" nicks to test the other side planes? (Hint: check my signature ;))Grow up and think dude ;) I know what i can and i can't talk about. Have you ever seen me discussing if flaps of P47 blablabla or if engine of 190 blebleble? I bet you haven't. And yes, i kid, because i can, because each and every day i play i find "drone" golds as your friend Allsop described flying straight or in auto climb, and every day me or another red die by the same reason. So i kid and make jokes about anything without asking you permission. You don't like it? ok, ignore me ;)

And i know f4f isn't as UFO as golds claim. I also fly reds. And i know you're a whiner; for fuck sake, it's terrible to share your flight time, it's like the damn radio, never stop talikng. You like to read yourself, don't you?

And Allsop, ask whatever you want, in the end, it seems you think you live in candy-world, so don't be shy and ask for anything you like :) But, last ToD i only flew typhoons and i can assure you that it doesn't out-accelerate (maybe first versions of 190) any 190. Outrun? not sure, i always try to attack from high alt to be faster. Maybe try that, it usually helps ;)

7. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Maybe you didnt see broz, but the past few maps Ive been a 190 buff "as in someone who is totally focoused and into' and also managed a streak of 14 in the a4lite and continued on to 19 untill killed by a DAMN DIRTY LAND KILLER "WARMER!". All kills after 14 were done in the a6 lite.

And why fly the 190 extraodinarily high? I mean, If you know that your higher than everyone else, and that your safe, put your plane in its prime altitude, for speed, that is 5k feet - 8k feet or anything near the 6k foot mark.

I supose next youll say that I can only do well in my "uber a4 lite?

8. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

OH, and if we want to really dig into it. The most realistic change the FH could make is to knock WEP off some planes. In early war it was highly experimental, caused much more wear to the engine "like nitrous oxide" and could infact cause explosions in the engine....The process was so dangerous early war, that many people didnt use it, have the option, or if it was used, they were required to tell their ground team so engine damamge could be assesed....

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

kill me if i understood this....

The only thing i understood was your streak blablabla 19 or 14, can't say. And i don't think you can do well in "ьber A4 light" or any other plane, sincerely. I've seen you flying and you're miles away from being a good pilot... [Hint: I don't say i'm good, ok? Don't start with: you think you're better, let's duel, i'd kill you nomatterwherenomatterwhennomatterhow. It's just that you aren't good pilot]

10. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

i will say this again f4f always was a good plane erlie tod. it always turned with zeke for about 2 full turns, by then its lost more e then zeke. f4f alway was and is supose to be faster then zeke in dive, as it was in reallife. its rate of climb without stored energy, poor 6, and 12mm guns made it mostly ingnored. but the one tod i flew in only american planes.

i found my self going into 1941 with twice the kills that time of tod from tod b4 and 4 times the score, becuse reds didnt fly it and its mod was always 20. and u can turn her well insde her stall horn by putting her nose down alitlly threw the turn. she always was one of fastest red palne to recover speed by dipopng nose. she was like that in 1.51 and is like that now. i see no changes in it at all. i16 on other hand seem to snap stall evn esier since 1.60.

my first 13 streek was fling only f4f-3. she was always a good turner a good dodger. she can turn inside most planes with extream e lose but a pilot who knows here only needs to dip her nose hit the wep and get here right back up to speed.
    curently ive flown 1 sorite it was in 4f4 and i did not find mysefl outturning zeke. instead i found use in a nealy even(zeke was slowly wing a good 6 spot) turn fight that lasted till 110 tried to bounce me in a yo yo. at wicth point i used my stored e from yo exit, and fact that both cons were facing away to run for the closest set of mountians. 110 cought me at mountin . i doged and now had both zero and 110 6. using terain masking. and fling around ledges in the mountian i made 110 crash. zero contioued to hold a danguos 6 position for a goodtime b4 i manged ,still ussing dangous 10 yard off gound manevers, to make the zeke miss a dangous unexpitd split s that i aborted 1/2 way threw and baliy survived the mis-caculation of bing able to compete it just off the deck. looked back and zeke was d10 oviosly looking for me. so i ducked a hill and landed. i hit 912mms in a plane ealir bf 110 and zeke and had the 110 manuver kill. on 110 and zeke i never got a postion to shoot of my guns. zeke was zeke w and he flew her like an ace and 110 was badger. alswy poping in at very inopertone times.

if f4f is so fast i never should of had to been forced to try resortin to making the cons fly into terrin as i had a good d15 on them alot of e and they had to turn back for me. if f4f turned like i15 i woulndt have had to disingage zekes tuns, climb, and yo yo back in the 2 times in turns that zero slowly was winning my 6 in a "my 6 no your 6" sustained turn fight.

11. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

I thought you guys were exagerating so I went red to try it out and you were right! It does turn like Il53... I tried it with 100% fuel and 2x100 bombs and no 109 and zeke can match it. It's really uber! I remember F4F from other versions, it wasn't *that* good, It couldn't substain so much energy in turn like it does now.

12. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

u here that regreat? do ?? start modeling hotairballons with 7mm gun impacment on it. seems golds need slow unmnvable underguned palnes 24-7. next tod give reds only hotair ballon. what do i care, would normaly hae 20-30 sorties. have 3 total under 2 nicks just plane sick of germanypalnes 20years ahead of rest of world bs. beside roster 3 to 1 all golds since new tod.... so many people in undermodelds planes hmmm go figer.

13. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Man, read up, the f4f might has been "jug-1". Besides, I have flown the f4f, infact just last RPS because I love the "lots of guns lots of ammo" policy of early war red planes, and the f4f never performed like what it does now, it will never stall in a flat turn!

Like I said, look at red multi, it speaks for itself that something is up. Just like the "la5fn isnt uber, it just so happens that every red decided to fly it this RPS and were doing amazing".

Infact, I miss flying red for some of its better planes....God knows I love the b17, its a beutifull plane. The p47 is good at high speed, durable, and nothing like letting all those guns rip loose. I16-29 "12mm nose gun with massive ROF" and the yak3 "before its massive remodle". Im sure theres more but Ive forgotten parts of the red RPS in whole.

If the f4f is infact not uber, then dont fly it, fly something else....You wont till someting better comes out....You know why? Because the new charictaristics of the plane allow you to be better even if you arnt....And people like having the power to be better than they are....so everyone flys it.

Ive never enjoyed a plane when uber....my favs are, as most everyone knows 190a4/ki61b/109g6/r6/and now the 190a3. None of those are excelling in away that they dominate on all feilds. And IMHO the ki61b is just the best rounded plane in the game.

14. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Some day one day will pass without single uber-plane whining topic at this forum.
    I want to believe. :rolleyes:

15. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

I don't fully agree with that... A3 should excel like it did in the first months of real life flight. It kicked spit's ass, they couldn't mach it. But here we can't have that, instead they change RPS making 190's come out later so as to follow the FH "always favor reds whenever we can" rule.

16. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

@broz ,wtfg kaveri ,keep it up with these hrm...ppl ;)

[pissed off =on]

@allsop how old r u bud? You spend your time here talking shit.Getting out of subject,taking not a word to yourself.Hey unplug the puter and go outside,there is a beatiful day.If it sucks there and ppl don't like u ,don't take it to yourself but try to be humble and honour your fellowbeings.I know it's not easy ,but u gotta do it.

I go just 1 thing to ask!

Why the FUCK admins give huge list of changes in new releases of FHlauncher(s) ,with the weirdest fixes listed ,but when you go fly online you just find that all the serious changes that have been made ,are not those on that biblical list but just other weird things like f4f etc.?something is not right here.

[pissed off =off]

*moving from beer to vodka for a try to reach the mental state of admins ;) *

17. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

F4F-3
    F4F-4
    FM-2
    F6F-3
    F6F-5

Temporally removed from RPS.
    Sorry for our error.

18. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Hmm F4F was never that great, well about 1-1/2 years ago F4F as well as F6F turned very well, i think with the last 3 launchers it was reduced greatly so seeing it in this state is a shock. Also rgreat/aike just make minor adjustments F4F was close to the A6M in turning, but the Zero climbed better. F4F was faster then the Zero on the deck by only 6MPH up until 5,000 ft then the zero was faster, but then again fairly close. I think F4F top speed was only 331 MPH (if i recall correctly) and Zeke/Zero/A6M was around 335 MPH. The F4f should be a great diver and pretty nimble, but slightly less then the Zero with slightly less climb, and better turner then the 109E Anyhow, i am not asking for super planes, but trying to stick with historical models or reasonably close is all we ask :) so tone down the F4F a touch in Climb, and make the zero more nimble as it should be. And flying only red, saying this is really hard.

19. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

i remember my fights offline on 2.77r3, and f4f was the worst plane to folow, with a good energie to jump on my 6, harder than zeke.

20. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

F6F unbanned.