Anouncement: TabajaraHost is now living @ Europe

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ppedott_vibora, Dec 7, 2004.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

glas, that's resonable.
    i hope a newbie can just ask for tutorial, and there will surely be some squads that roll that newbie in.
    if newbie goes mad, squad leader can dismiss the newbie.
    so it can be some kind of ban, if newbie become unwanted by all leaders.

another decision could be personal rps.
    we can suppose a lone rider can fly, but he cannot use more advanced rps gained by some successful squad.
    what do you think about it?

finally, there's always ma nearby with own game rules.
    i just expect tabahost to encourage organised raids. if someone doesn't want to start wb career with that, he can fly ma freely.

anyways, we can keep discussing and find another decision.

2. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

I must say that this change is not very good for the south american community. Pings are much higher... i thought that having our own server here close to us will significally reduce pings and increase our fun. That was the great advantage but well... :( it is very good and i thank boroda, -ivan- and the rest of the guys involved for helping franz and vibora, it is a very good gesture.

3. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

I have question about destroying friendly structures. I flied up F1 and went intro "friendly, red only furball" ;) then my machine went down in flames and destroyed 40mm and 88mm. Just take the pont that I defend F1 from cons and fall down destroying some buildings. Can I be punished for that ?

Thing 2. Exec, I had selected xxx.xxx.xxx.21 IP and choosed Tabahost arena, clicked on it and waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, CTRL ALT DEL and close Warbirds was only solution. If I choose TA i have message "Couldn't connect for 10 sec. Continue waiting ?". At Tabahost I hadn't it, I waited 1-2 min and nothing. So I need to launch from 83.149.244.13 IP in order to play.

4. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    There was a corrupt CAB file. I don't recall which one, but it was corrupt.
    My windows partition is gone bye byes now. I don't have WWWfileshare.pro anymore.
    I could go get something like wwwFileSharePro for Linux, I guess..... And try again...
    I ain't so good with this Linux box yet. But I can muddle through. I got everything working now except Joystick [MS Sidewinder FOrce Feedback Pro Game Port.
    I am sorely tempted to scrap windows forever and just tolerate less game, tolerate TW as my next enjoyed Air War SIm... once the Joystick works, that is....
    [on my way to go shopping for a USB stick right now...
    Anyone recommend a rudder stick that DOES WORK FOR SURE in a suse 9.1 box? ALl I get is a load of shit when I search google for advice regarding +Linux +joystick +support +'Sidewinder ... ... ..'
    Search engines assume a guy meant to say
    +Linux +joystick +support +'Sidewinder Game Pad' or I can find lottsa crap about USB sticks...
    which is NOT what I want a search engine to do....

Seems Google has changed it's search algebra so no matter what ellipses you use, no matter how you arrange plus signs and the word AND and the word OR and the word NOT, you will still get the same crap, which is, namely, WHOEVER KNOWS HOW TO STUFF KEYWORDS INTO THEIR THINGIES.
    Fuckers.

[no, I am serious: What the hell does +Linux +joystick +support +Sidewinder.... have to do with Roofing?]

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I think that is a superb idea! :) It would solve the problem that I mentioned, plus it gives a great incentive for everyone to fly for the squad's benefit. Have non-squad pilots say 3-6 months behind in the RPS, with the squads RPS being staggered for 3 months (the top 1/3rd of squads receive new planes first, next 1/3rd a month later, the last 1/3rd a month later, then lonewulfs rolled in afterwards over a 3 month period, using k/d or destroy/sortie ratio to determine scores?)

I dont even know if that would be possible, but it would be a nice feature to add and would certainly increase teamplay.

Yeah, MA is always available. If it has to be this way i.e if the option about staggering RPS for squads/lone pilots isnt possible, then perhaps there can be an MOTD message to new pilots telling them to ask for assistance or to join a squad.

I think tho that as long as squad leaders are seen to take decisive action if any pilots abuse the rules, then there should be no punishment for the squad. This way, squads wont be so reluctant to bring in new, unknown pilots.

It's definitely the way ahead though, I take back my earlier reservations about it :)

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

there's iz no roofing neither on the first nor second page of google search results. my setup is 50 results per page.
    what am i doing wrong?

7. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    It was anecdote, ya big silly!
    What I meant was 'it can be frustrating wading through the crap that is a search result.

Try this ine:
    I wish to know if there is such a thing as a 'mouse as joystick' method. SO I can use a mouse in place of a joystick.
    So, I enter
    OR'using mouse as a joystick' OR'mouse as stick' ANDlinux
    What a fuckin crock is the result.

8. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

logged on other night with a account put in nick grypho, now i cant get in with that account says grypho is used, tried other 2 account i have incase some how i was mixed up all 3 same responce :( that is definate bug if servers fucking up log in id's

9. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

your nick was reset.

Please, anyone who logged in, chosed a nick and could not to relog with the same account (server ask nick again), please send me a pvt msg with these info:

- when this bug happened (time GMT)
    - which username u used (username, not your nick)
    - which nick u tried to use
    - your IP used that time.

[]'s
    franz-

10. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

That actually does sound very cool. Like maybe squads would adopt either jap, german-italian, american, or russian planes only, and then newbies or loners, or less advance squads get the inferior or first version-

like, jap squad-starts a6m progresses to a6m3, then a6m5, while low ranked or newbies would be stuck with the older version.

This would have to exclude the ju52 or li2 which any squad could use, but otherwise there could be divisions, and not to say 2 squads couldnt work co-operatively.

This would be especially be nice for say, squads that fly all RPS allowing better plane selections as opposed to groups that only fly late war using the better planes, they would have to fly outdated machines for awhile :)

11. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

12. bazura

bazura Well-Known Member

@biles:

Your joystick is supported by Linux, that's what this page says:

http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net/input/hardware.html

Probably you don't have to download nor compile anything, just load the appropiate modules (drivers) your distribution has installed. Which specific drivers, I don't know. In /boot/config-<kernel version> you have a list of modules your kernel has available.

greetings

13. runewd

runewd New Member