Russia takes possession of North Pole

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Jacobe, Aug 11, 2007.

1. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Care to give examples? (That "past defecation" part I mean)

2. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

And will devs fix vascos keyboard? It seem to be porked...

(@plocoloco: Change the keyboard language setting back to "human", will you?) :D

3. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

hmm, that was human, but it seems u guys there missed those classes :D

4. milo--

milo-- Well-Known Member

looooooooooooooooooooool

5. milo--

milo-- Well-Known Member

that´s the language of Science actually

6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

OK, one day later, some beers later, I'm re-reading this. I have noticed that some Russian channels simply take shows produced in the West and translate them -- is that what you mean? They will do a show about history with the same literal translation from the original material as a show about birds? Without cultural considerations? If that's what you mean, then I'm in complete agreement.

But as you know, there are as many forms of patriotism as there are persons :)

7. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Pavel, this comment is interesting. Do you think that most Russian news outlets support anti-Soviet/Russian theories? This is difficult for me to imagine -- and yes, I know I'm an Ami, but all evidence I see online is that Russian media is patriotic.

And I'm not anti-Russian, as you know.

8. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Just remember how Finland defeated Red Army twice in 1940 and 1944 and saved the whole Europe from Communism.

Also you can tell me how bloody Russians starved poor Finns in gulags. If you'll tell that in 41-44 Finns starved all non-Finnish/Saam population of Soviet Karelia in "migrant camps" - noone will believe you.

So it goes.

History is being rewritten. Even Poles believe that it was Soviet Russia that attacked poor Poland in 1920... And our TV doesn't ever mention that Poles took Kiev in May 1920. Who cares!? Soviet regime was Evilevilevil!!!! Democracy and Putin will save us!!!

9. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Lol! Sorry for laughing :) V memoriz, ai. I need sleep. Good luck.

10. Lesiu

Lesiu Well-Known Member

We never have been saints, but Russians were always evil ;-D
    You see, Poland is placed between West and East; and here is frontline of intrests. Battlefield from time to time. So we are poor. Anyway, Mars has no goverment, so I claim it's territory as mine. From now on call me God-Emperor fo Mars, almighty L.

I wonder if there are oil fields...

11. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

According to its color, Mars has been claimed by communists billions of years before ;)

12. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

there was this joke in the 80's: a general comes to the american president and warns him that the russians have launched a spaceship heading to the Moon. the president answers ok, keep me posted. later the general comes and tells him the russians have landed on the Moon. the US president answers ok, keep an eye on them and keep me posted. later the general comes in exclaming sir, the russians have painted the Moon red! the president says calmly ok, go write coca-cola on it

;)

13. --maty

--maty Well-Known Member

True. But it's a dream. Historians are always having a pressure from politicians, no mater is it doing by orders or by power of money.
    Patriotism should have a respect to the past, otherwise this is pseudo patriotism.
    Well, i'm mean shows about Russian history produced by Russian government money but with western approach in mind. Like, they take soundtrack from Discovery movie, translate it and shot a film. No matter why it was so, just a sentence. Like commies were natural born devils and that?s why they kill tsar. After such show, knowing that boroda?s grandpa was a commie I could assume that boroda is natural born devil. You see. Nation becomes fucked.
    All those ?patriotic? songs and anthems are just dust in the eyes.
    Yes, but we talkin about mainstream :)

14. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Oh, that one. Yes, the rest of Europians owes Finland greatly. :D

(I was more curious about the russian history and it being altered...)
    Out of curiosity, how were those year (Soviet-Finnish war) described in Soviet times historybooks?

What I found (after quick searching) was that in finnish "camps" there were about 24000 prisoners, out of which 4500-8000 died. (From official source)
    I bet that we beat in %'s, but you beat us in numbers...

:)

15. TS
    Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

:) OFF TOPIC (as we all are here :) ) :

What was the kill/death ratio of finn's & russia's combat fliers in that terrible war? Afaik there was russian i15's , i16's and la5's against some junk finns got and also Brewsters and 109G2 & G6's finns got from USA & Germany... I'd like to hear ratios from both sides given information pls.

16. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Well, White-Finn war is described as a sad but necessary effort to secure Leningrad. Then - horrible losses from frost, Mannerrheim line broken, peace in March 1940. That's all. In my times Mainila wasn't mentioned, it was just said that USSR had to attack Finland.

You mean POW camps, where death-rate was indeed higher then in nazi camps.

What I mean is "migrant camps" in occupied Karelia. There were 5 such camp only in Petrozavodsk, where civilians that didn't belong to Finnish race were held. My friend's mother spent 3 years in such a camp, she was 7 in 1941...

Look, some things are simply not mentioned in official history. Add some myths here, like Mannerheim who ordered not to attack Leningrad from the old borderline, that is far from true.

17. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

seriously? you know polish forces cooperated with ukrainian forces on ukraine in 1920 against russians right?
    and how it can be called aggresion against russia if by the treaty in brzesc in 1918 (and separate russia-ukraine treaty yet during the 1st ww) uraine was independent republic
    but you would have to respect treaties you sign to see your statement makes no sense, at least i cant see sense in this
    ah right, rewritten history

and still, it was 6 months after russia entered zone abandoned by german forces and you could call it effect of counter move on south for those moves done in the north
    you could, but you wont :D
    i guess poland should sit still and watch russia takin over all demilitarised zones, while capturing territories by both sides "who is faster" will be seen as aggression against each other

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  18. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

?

No, I did mean the same migrant camps as you did. At this moment I wouldn't know "official" POW numbers...

Occupied? Our occupation or yours? :D (PoV)

19. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

yeah funny thing that history eh? :)

20. TS
    Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Wonder how come attacking Finland could 'secure' Leningrad?? :confused: Finland wasn't and never had attacked any country ,exept going over old border during the war to Leningrad , which 1st *was* banned to attack over old border.

I wonder why USSR 'had to' attack Finland.... All I know about the issue is that Finland was planned to be a birthday present to Stalin.... :rolleyes:

PS.No answers of those kill/death ratios of Finland's/USSR's airforces ... AFAIK there was lot of defence just to drop bombers flying in Finland from Finland's part..