Tready: Give Fuel Back...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by spuint, May 30, 2004.

?

Would you like the old fuel rates back?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2004.
  1. Yes

75.3%
  2. No

24.7%
  1. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

Re: fuel

Um its time that is faster not distance or am i compleatly wrong AGAIN?

2. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

im not sure what are u askin about kangaa :)
    ill point out things clearly, to finish this one:
    rl time affects parameters of flight (speed, climb rate, fuel consuption rate etc)
    theres also arena time, which affects rps only, nothing more; its used to determine TOD time;
    Oz was tryin to say that flight parameters are dependent of arena time.. which is, of course, false - they are dependent of rl time only;

about distances - the best way to avoid any mistakes is to treat europe map as any other map but in the shape of europe, not a continent of europe in X scale;
    its distances are about 10x smaller, but it doesent actually mean its 10:1 scale map of europe of course; it doesnt because metrics used on this map are 10 times smaller, which makes whole terrain 10x smaller than europe (im not sure if its 10x.. its very big approximation, i didnt make any calculations than just those of my mind);
    i hope that wasnt too confusing;
    now, here again, Oz was tryin to proove that arena time has affect on flight parameters and bring out some calculations supported by distances european continent map, not the wb europe map - 2 different things (which is wrong at its basis already);
    i hope i answered ur question;

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  3. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

@ Spuint

Actually if you go back to where all this began, you mentioned 'reality', and I was just trying to show that there is none in this GAME. Fuel consumption is just another of the long list of items (you mentioned several others) which is not realistic, because as you say it is based on real time and not WB time. In effect, ppl are flying for more than a WB day on 50% fuel or less.

regards, Oz

4. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

if u see things this way, then what the hell.. i say - lets solve problem in other way:
    fe. for every kill theres a BONUS of 10% fuel and 20% ammo; the best players wont have to land and waste time for refuelin/rearming; its a game after all!
    if u see things this way, there wont be enough realism ever! even when graphics will be great and - dunno - brain impulses simulating g-force, will be available - there will always be that dam time comrpession :/
    and fuck! its not 1944, i should be in modern jet now, not crappy 190 of ww2 times..

be serious..
    compressed time of arena (date of TOD) or unrealistic map do not affect so called 'realism of gameplay';
    while too big fuel consuption rate affects that realism;
    even if its only a game;

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

In WW2 planes couldn't fly 30 mins with 50% fuel load? Am i wrong or they could?

6. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

not at full throttle the whole time - probably a lot of the engines would overheat & die in a 30min full military power flight, if the gas supply would hold that long, but his point was, nobody, IRL, even purposefully took off for combat without at least a full fuel load onboard

7. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

GIVE THE FUEL BACK

To the Admins!
    God damn, why the fuel multiplyer is 0.5 again ?

--q---

8. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

Re: GIVE THE FUEL BACK

with planes forced to take 100% i find vulchers who buld streeks can pick lower fuel loads climb faster and bounce lower hvy cons to damn hvy to efectivly move. i find that 1/2 half of plane i liked to fly0 found fun to wrestle around like p38 and la5 - are more quirky to point ts nto fun anymore and i feel i got bumper sticker that says shoot me.
    and i find that the fighting style ive developed 4 past 9 months is usless as ive never fought hvy unless b and v in p47 f4u and all my timed stalls 4 a quick snap shots come before snap shots availble leaving me stalled out an easy trg istead of putteing lead in b4 cons guns come to bear. finnaly i find myself no longer having any fun as the frustraion of being lower slower, and not able to climb to cons that climb like rockes increassed beyound any joy i derived by tricking such cons into giving up e or loooping into 1 of my stalled snap shots. This is first time since on ive accaly thought fuck this why not just quit.....

9. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i thought the same;

looks like theres a fuel crisis.. ill help ya save some... im out from wb, smbdy take my share;
    makes no sense when only thing u get is frustration from rediculous settings
    and sick atmosphere;
    cya all, have fun;

10. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Moderators of the Free Host, I realize this is all up to you, and that you do us all a favor by offering this game for free, but come on! Its ridiculous when the fuel is at this setting, and Im not going to get into the "suspicious" modeling of some red planes and their fuel consumption, but I will coment that it is NOT fun to try flying only to have a fuel efficient spit diving on you, a plane that can outurn and outspeed most anything gold has with even 70 fuel. Its just not right, please, cut us a break, look at all the forums againse this fuel problom. We like new planes, we like new loads, new maps. but not this new fuel consumption, its all up to you guys. See everyone in the skys.

11. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

do you think that pilots IRL didn't face this same thing only they had a life to loose... yeah its a pain in the a@# but come on...get over it.

Are you playing the same game as the rest of us?

12. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Kanga, you obiously have the intelligence of a true bouncing rodent. Why didnt I think that on an every day spits could dive right through a full ack feild and boom me out of the sky just 50 feet above the ground and fly away unscathed? It happened IRL but very rarely, and more time than not, the planes were lost to runway strafing, not picking off a large heavy cumbersome plane. If makes no sense for the fuel to be set like this, the feilds are much to close for the scale of fuel, and if we make bigger maps, theres so few players we will never see any engagement. It takes away from the fun. Plain and simple.

13. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had this fight, in the midle of it, when I thought I just reached a point when I have advantage (took some time), I suddenly realized my fuel is almost gone. I had to go home, the con fallowed, killed me during landing (all acks up on small field), then he headed home and had to ditch in my teritory most likely without fuel.
    So this new fuel setting promotes flying style of this moron who does not care for rtb.

Anyways I get quite frustrated with this fuel setting. Soon in this tod p51s will apear, and gold planes able to fight it would be effected badly, except the ki84, but this plane is fucked up on fh already. No point on getting frustrated any more. I think Im gonna take a brake from fh.

Have fun with your QuakeBirds!
    --q---

14. Pikkot

Pikkot Well-Known Member

Yesterday I've made 3 sorties with my squad mates and all were rtb. For all we took 100%.We were fighting over f36(red), f37(closed,reclosed gold) and damaged f38(gold). We always kept alt advantage over planes that were rolling. Now imagine...you are trying to take off from field with no acks or just few ack up. You have number of enemy fighters over head. You had no chance. Same as on FH now. There is simple solution.

TAKE OFF FROM FIELD THAT IS NOT BEING ATACKED AT THE MOMENT.

Then you can climb and engage cons over your field with superior energy state. What is more nothing stops you to take some friendlies with you. You know that one 190 had small chance agains 5 Spits...So think before take off and don't cry.

15. daedal

daedal Well-Known Member

Stefan says this fuel issue is for some FH 1.6 testing purposes and it has to be done on MA.

Greetings,
    Daedal

16. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

They're MARSUPIALS pea brain...Anyway you have only just got here but a few of the old players are always calling for more realisem these fuel setting are closer to real life than what we had before...So stop ya bitching and crying like a girl suck it up and live with it...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004
  17. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

Yep U have to have fuel for that.

--q---

18. zziipp

zziipp Well-Known Member

Game setting-fuel

Please stop messing with fuel settings. They just get worse. Now it's 100% fuel no choice. If u r TESTING??? Do it in TESTING arena....It's for TESTING. :nono:

19. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

Re: Game setting-fuel

I like new settings, wtg Aike

20. Markwart

Markwart Active Member

Re: Game setting-fuel

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. A little bootlicker.