who is the best guitar player?

Тема в разделе "Warbirds International", создана пользователем ronin, 22 ноя 2002.

1. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    @ kutya

Ohhh god I remember that interview....

I can't even remember the songs we played then lol, have have about 40 and we can't remember a lot of them lol

I don't know how you found it lol, but at least we're on the internet :)

Thanks for looking us up lol

Mike AFI M

2. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Afi count me in ,I/we do just PunkJazz :D check "The Message" :turret: Lol ,One guy from Jersey Island Emailed me and said that sounds like Stephen Hawkings is really pissed off :rolleyes: tralalaa ,Don't get mad ,and listen afterl you have enjoyed your xmas :rolleyes: (Reading Lyrics time u listen strongly recommended)

3. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Симпатии:
  4. snowball

snowball New Member

Симпатии:
    Joe Satriani!!!

His lights of heaven and up in the sky are the best!!!

1 человеку нравится это.
  5. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    hat down for Mr. Satriani
    :@prayer:

6. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Old Metal head myself...

but have recently been enjoying Brian Setzer of ex' Stray-cats'
    This guy really can play from the heart and listen to him SING!

Afi-........... If your gonna be a legitimate punker....you gotta be able to compete with me in a fist-fight. You can RAGE vocally all you want. It will fall on deaf ears if you can't IMPOSE your music on your audience. This is just a semi-professional opinion of an old metal bassist who has been the scene and the ropes. I've got the scars to prove it ;).

7. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Симпатии:
    So By-Tor, you play bass on a Precision, right? How old is that? You play with flatpick or with bare fingers? ;)

8. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    @ bytor

hehehe I've been in the pits and i have gotten pretty riled up and used my fists before... I had my glasses broken and metal shoved into my face, gave me a gash that goes down my face. It's mostly healed, it happened about a year ago, but you can definetely still see it :)

bring on your metal fists, i'll see you through till the end :D

9. budice

budice Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Oh come on you hosers. The correct answer is Angus Young of course.

Listen to his stuff long enough and your grey matter turns into a sort of primedial ooze.

At least that's the excuse I've been using to explain my performance in the FH arena of late.

B. B. King ain't too bad either.

Budice

:cheers:

10. jfm

jfm Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Chuck Shuldiner

11. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    :kruto: 'You have a stout heart little Hobbit'
    My appologies -afi-. Sometimes I get caught up in a... flashback as it were.Especially very late on a Saturday night. That fact that you ruffled your tail-feathers and kicked out your spurs is proof enough for me. :cheers: Rock on little banty :D
    @Kutya picking a bass is SACRILEGE! Would you fondle your girlfriend wearing thick plastic gloves, or would you you need the tactile feedback to play her best? ;)
    When I get Cakewalk re-installed I'll record some original pieces for you if you like bass work. CC Precision all the way.
    Sure theres more expensive, better crafted basses out there.
    But the feel of a P-Bass is second to none for me. Slap some actives in her and she cant be beat for tone either.

12. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Симпатии:
    LOL By-Tor! So you're a REAL bassist, not just one of those root note strummers. ;)

Yea, P-bass where it all started, that just can't be bad. Some say that the Fender basses' sound somehow limitated by the fact that they got screwed neck, thus they prefer those fancy neck-through axes. I think that the simplicity of these old and mighty constructions actually gives advantages over modern designs.

13. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    @Kutya
    HEY!! Just listened to your MP3s.....VERY nice guitar playing :kruto:
    Yes,Fender neck is screw-on but the joint area is very large, as are the screws, and the 'fit' tolerance is very tight. Any tone lost here I think would be very negligible.
    P-bass is like the P-40. There are newer, faster out there sure . But none tougher or prettier,and in the hands of an ace... :)

14. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    I had this one [​IMG] ...ripped the frets out of it and made it fretless :) ,no way to play it with pick ;)

15. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Damned fine Jac!!
    I loved GPG. :@prayer:
    Curious what recording program you use. I'll chat with you further on squad site as this is rather Off-Topic I suppose.
    Your lead style reminded me somewhat of Kim Mitchel of Canadian band Max Webster. Ever heard any of that stuff? Late 70's hard rock with jazz influenced guitar riffs and 'acid-trip' carnival keyboards. I saw them as opeining band on Rush 2112 tour. I was MESMERIZED :dura:

16. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Hey Kutya, Bytor, and if sebbo and nicae see this...

My band JUST recorded yesterday, and later today we get the master copy back. As soon as we have MP3s posted on the net, i'll post em here for some comments and shit.

the quality is incredible!!! :D I'm so impressed by this little studio we went to, it's a kagillion times better than the 4 track we had before! nicae knows that firsthand ;)

later

-afi--

17. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Thnx by-tor :) I haven't heard of those artists yet unless u meant Joni Mitchell ....
    Girls Party Grants was just a another 'boring-day-gotta do-something thing'
    Last thing what came out here with my buds was Z-Freehosted ;)

PS.By-tor ,check our forum

<S>

Последнее редактирование: 24 июн 2003
  18. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    hey ron and all, if you like pink floyd, maybe you all should give a listen to tony carey and the planet p project. some good headphone, stereo mind illusion music, whether your mind is altered or not. :)

hmmm bassists hmmm good old jack bruce from cream. the song crossroad and born under a bad sign. oh yeah :D crossroads especially. at some points in the song they are all doing thier own thing sort of like a blues version of jazz fusion. damn excellent :)

guitars hmm well stevie ray vaughn. wish he was still around. joe walsh either by himself, or with the james gang or the eagles :) or mathias jobbs from the scorpions. joe satriani, goodol jimmy page, al demiola, so many.

19. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Yeah bizerk,a hat down for all those your mentioned, and one that I admire the most:
    Paco

20. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Симпатии:
    The Russ Barenberg (guitar), Jerry Douglas (dobro), Edgar Meyer (bass) trio is awesome. And they are masters individually too.