Oh please..

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by demian, Jul 26, 2008.

1. demian

demian Well-Known Member

OK i wont say this is red game, but i will ask why is Betty removed from cv,
    but tbf is available?
    I asked Hardy he says betty is in class with Db3f.
    Betty more or less has same load as tbf , but now b5n has 9x50.
    So it is less than tbf, less than betty. U can make he-177 to carry only 4x250
    then it wont be in class with pe8 but with TBF.

Why is not enough hurricane with 8x 303cal? Why we need 12x303?
    U couldnt make 1 hurri with option to choose between 8x12 and 2x40?

I just want to let u know that this patch is not made to be more HISTORIC, nor more BALANCED, to me this fh launcher looks like it was made to increase red advantage..Do we really need 110g2 2x? or i16? Why is not enough same old 110g2 with reduced maneuverability? Like it was so great plane that we must copy it 2 times just not to be forgotten..Decide whether u want historic
    rps or balanced... Just becuase Germans had stuka that doesnt mean u must make red stuka. Just because germans had so many versions of 109 that doesnt mean u should on top of so much USA planes, make same number of russian planes...4 yaks 5 las including lagg3... 2x I16 plus I153...
    Pe2, il2, db3f....and italians only 2 planes. same version.
    Judging from what i see in here, i could think that Brits and Russsians won ww2 only by themselves. I always thought that yak could only make 2 turns around the city and land without fuel, but mb yak and spits in fact could have reached Berlin even without drop tanks..
    REally , half of russians in game dont speak english. OK. Thats ok.
    But then 100% of them come to russian part of forum, and vote for yak-7.
    And Voila, yak-7 appears in list. Do u care at all what other ppl say?
    What the fuck, what was yak-7? Famous only in Russia or elsewhere?
    Great weapon of ww2 famous yak-7. Yes , if u ask Russians only, half of them will vote for russians planes only, and half of them, those with complexes will vote for german planes only. Now, go to Albania and ask albanians what they think about Serbia. I bet 90% of them will say Serbia sux.
    So, dear admins, i know ur hopes and fears, but it is not good to make Great Russia in warbirds. I can respect that u love ur country but pls, spare us all of that. IF u simply cant be realistic, come at least here and say " YES WE CANT BE OBJECTIVE"...Then ill go to warbirds 2008 to check if Vibora implemented some unknown brasilian airplane.

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I know we have to strike a balance between historical reality and playability here, but remember that Betty's did not normally operate from carriers at all. I think putting planes on carriers that did not belong there historically is taking sacrificing realism for the sake of playability a bit too far. I realize that this means red has the upper hand in CV ops, but total equality in every aspect is neither possible nor desirable IMO.

3. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

Demian Domian

[​IMG]

4. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

5. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Yep, I totally agree. Gold already has the 109T! It is obsolete by late mid war, but makes a huge difference in early war, when reds have useless fighters anyway. I mean, for God's sake, it's a total 'what if' plane.
    Also, they have all the exotic 30mm Sturmbock variants even though these were produced / equipped in limited numbers only and used for specific missions iRL (bomber intercept), but here everyone jumps into a 30mm slut as soon as it comes out to fly fighter-fighter combat / vulch bases. Where is the P-47M / N? Where is the A-36? Where is the F4UC 4x20mm? Where are the 2x2x50cal underwing gunpods for the P-38? When will the incendiary effect of the 50cal round be taken into account?

This is certainly not a "red" game.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  6. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Certainly some changes are questionable. But im happy for new 110 g2. Any idea to make 30mm sprayers less annoying is good imo. Also its turn rate have been decreesed to about 21s on deck thats a plus too. Same goes to spit 9c - 19 s on deck.
    Sadly spit 9lf roll rate wasnt fixed it is still slower than spit9c.
    Golds have now J2m and it is a very good machine. Goes over 560 km/h at deck and turns in 15 s. IMHO it will be very uber. It also depends when it comes out in rps. I think it might turn better then spit9lf and it is faster then him. Climbs also very well but not as good as spit9lf. That makes new jap plane a very difficult opponent. In fact i dont know what red plane can match it and it might be an issue later.
    On yak 7b from my quick research it entered in spiring 1942 the time golds have 109 g2 which is much better then yak. It preformance isnt any difrent then yak 9 so its just a waste of slot.
    Hurr 2b - its good to have a hurri that doesnt have negative g engine cut out early in the war.
    Few bugs that I know off that stayed from erlier version:
    -190d9 porked dive handling compared to other 190s- To be more precise it elev response is so bad that it wont stall dynamicly over 500-550 km/h which you can do in 190 a8 f.e.
    -spit9lf slow roll rate
    -zekes should burn more often
    Im sure there are plenty more but im not an expert on them.

Thats all from my early testings.
    Imo its rather a step in good direction.

7. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Very good points and I agree; NOT a "red game" by a long shot!

As one reads all the modifications they did. Certainly it was a lot of work and obviously they must have spent a good deal of time reflecting on what changes to implement.

The problem with CVs is that there were non to speak of in the Euro-theater. So perhaps just limiting the number of CVs in the Med would be the simple solution.

Perhaps next release they can address the issues of 50cal ammo, Pacific planes in the Pacific and Euro planes in Europe ONLY, one wing Jap planes on fire stll flying and Jap planes not exploding into balls of flame as they usually did when hit with 50cal incendiary.

I suppose expecting the P-63 in the Eastern front is too much to ask, but they did have and did use 2,400+ of that type and Russian engineers did come to the USA to help design the new plane at Bell, so it is not just a lend-lease plane it is a Russian-American heritage plane.

Let's see where 1.67 goes and thanks guys for all the hard work.

As Hardy said, they do their best.

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

demian, i guess with such a position you'd better go 2008 right now.
    may be even before you finish reading it.

i totally disagree with each and every point of your message.
    1.G4M from CV is not historical. and it was put there by mistake of a certain man.
    2.TBF really IS a carrier based bomber
    3.merlin 20 hurricane is more useful, than merlin 3 one.
    4.you cannot prove that this patch is less historic.
    5.red advantage is not gained. hurries costed two heavy buffs. j2m costed useless 190a-8/r8. bf 110 g-2/r3 costed ju 87 d-1, but dora-1 was replaced by EARLIER appearance of dora-5.
    6.we really needed to put mk 108 to historical 1943, so it went there with 110g-2/r3.
    7.golds complained too much about agility of combined i-16 type 28/29.
    cannon type 28 was separated and was made heavier and not so agile as machinegun type 29. luftwhinners asked for two versions of i-16.
    8.not only germans had many versions of 109, but englishmen had many versions of spitfire and soviets had many versions of yak-1/3 and yak-7/9.
    9.previous yak-9 was put to non-historical date, so now it is replaced by worse though historically adequate yak-7b.
    10.send us graphics of italian planes. we can explain exact rules how to draw it.

btw, sorry to datel, odisseo and others. previous lightwave and 3dsmax models encountered violation of recently discovered wb graphics rules, so these models can hardly be adopted for warbirds

11.englishmen were first to effectively stop nazi and russians were first to effectively took over them.
    12.no separate, obscured russian language, secret polls about yak-7 or anything else were made.
    13.yak-7b covers important gap in yak-1/3 and yak-7/9 lines in 1942.
    14.we can be objective. we could miss some information, but mostly due to unwillingness or inability of cummunity to support developers with full and detailed range of data needed. yet, every post with detailed and proven point is taken into account. relax, you did not gave any bit of that.
    15.take care of yourself and good luck with other aviasims.

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

in new rps 109t-1 shifted to date of seafire 2c.

not armoured in-game 190a-8/r8 was removed.
    mk 108 put to 190a-8 slot as 190a-8/r2 kit.

current position of staff is not to produce ubers of 1945-1947.

minor role.

200 produced. below FH critical limit.
    (and don't start pe-8 theme again. "pe-8 prod. 1941" is hardly punished by rps)

did not even heard of them.

server-side damage model will be reworked by staff.

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

that is the point.

forwarded to developers.

15s?
    can you re-measure it?

we did not planned j2m3 to be turner.
    is it occasionally became one, we will fix it in 1.67r2.

yak-9 (IRL it is renamed yak-7di) enters late 1942. somehow better than yak-7b.

forwarded to developers

explore and report. staff could miss some :)

11. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info exec. I know that P-47 N / M was a very late war plane and did hardly see combat, if at all, and the 4x20mm Hog was low in numbers. But I wonder how many "109Ts" flew into combat from the Graf Zeppelin. ;)

I don't really need / want the P47 M or the cannon Hog, I just mentioned these examples to show that Luftwhining is unjustified.

12. Red Ant

Well, gun pods for the Lightning wouldn't really add much to the game anyway. I mean it's not like the P-38 has a firepower problem. :p

13. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

remove it then

14. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

15.5 s just over field (deck) 100% fuel.

15. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

The J2M3 is ok, turn rate, roll rate, everything...
    The 190D-9 don't compress more than other 190s in dive, it's much better than the others.

Exec, I didn't understand the point about italian planes to be added here....
    U can add all planes that russians flew in the war, no problem... But add some good gold planes too! :cheers:
    In comparison, the I-15 is the proud of the soviets, turns like a devil, so add the Fiat Cr.42 Falco for the golds, that was on equal terms!

http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/falco.htm
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~fbonne/warbirds/ww2htmls/fiatcr42.html
    http://www.comandosupremo.com/Cr42.html

Why did u add TWO HURRICANES?! NO ONE USE Hurri IID here, it sucks! Btw, the Hurri IIB is the best, just add a turbojet engine on it...

WHY DON'T U REMOVE THE FUCKING Bf-109T? AND THE MC.202?
    The Bf-109T and Macchi planes here sucks a lot! From what I read, Mc.205 could easily win a spit in a dogfight, and here if u try it, u certainly will be dead... So please remove Bf-109T and Mc.202 and 205, keeping it is the same to add He280, He112 or He100... Better fighters!
    do u think u could add this?

http://xoomer.alice.it/g55/G55his.htm
    http://www.wdif.net/italian-weapons/fiat-g.55-centauro.html
    http://www.comandosupremo.com/G55.html
    G-55 was the best italian fighter, could outturn all american fighters and easily beat a Spit9, could turn on equal or better...

And adding P47M/N or the Cannon Hog or underwing pods for p38 would help something for the reds?
    ADD GLOSTER F1 METEOR FOR REDS!!!
    AND HEINKEL HE-162 FOR THE GOLDS!!!
    AND ALL THE PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED :@popcorn: :@drunk: :D

16. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Why you need next shit? You have Ki-27. G.55 is better choice for slot.

17. Red Ant

Perhaps you should read fewer comic books then. I'm not arguing that a Mc-205 might win a dogfight against a Spit, but certainly not 'easily', unless the Spit is piloted by a monkey. For a plane to be able to EASILY best another (under equal conditions), it has to be notably, substantially superior, which the Mc 205, while a good plane, was not.

18. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Demian, try IL-2, Falcon4 AF, or OF, or RV, or LockOn.
    Any of the above have far superior coding, more realism, better support, and cosmically superior administration who doesn't show you the door out at the first complaint.

19. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

In 05/2006 time-frame I outline with a hard data, on numerous occasions what a realistic piece of shit the MK108 was, complete with manufactures data. In fact there was a thread dedicated to it.

The developers have been supported, it is the developers who do not support the community, so next time you wish to point fingers, look at the reflection in your vodka bottle, three of your own fingers are pointing back at you!

20. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

mk 108 made much shorter if you did not read changes list.
    and what demian said is hysterics, not complaint.