Anouncement: TabajaraHost is now living @ Europe

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ppedott_vibora, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Im proud to announce that TabajaraHost now is hosted at same place that FreeHost is. I also would like to thanks to boroda, -ivan- and breedr, that gently worked to put it on! <S!> guys!
    Now rolling in a PIII dual processor 800MHz, the TabaHost seems much more stable these days (but we will see...)...
    I would like to invite all ppl of community to take off there in order to help to identify new bugs (there is, no doubt)...
    I also would like to remember the new features of TH:

1-+->Fixed number of planes at each field (it get replacements time to time) also, everytime one field is taken, the planes remaining at Hang is availlable to new owner, untill replacement... (yes, red 262's... :rolleyes: )
    2-+->Radio alert system: each time that a field is attacked a radio alert will be showed at fieldґs country radio channel
    3-+->From 1944+ some planes will have radar onboard
    4-+->The terrains will vary due the date of war (I really need help on this...)
    5-+->Buffers count, if desired, w/ a pair of wings, wich will protect the buffer from fighters (the buffer only get down after its wings -like CVS)
    6-+->Rockets have minor firepower, in order to estimulate buffers
    7-+->Acks have strong power, in order to de-estimulate jabos
    8-+->Multicrew. A multi crew plane (buff or fitter) can have human gunners, one for each place; available via "gunner" window.
    9-+->TabajaraNights: there is a 2hs of nite each day (from 5AM to 6AM and from 6PM to 7PM, with a half distance icons range)
    10-+->4 troopers to capture fields
    11-+->TabajaraRPS: Europe=Planes that flown in Europe; Pacific=Planes that flown in Pacific
    12-+->Japanese Army will have a Showa L2 cargo plane
    13-+->Is mandatory to belongs a squad in order to take off (not implemented yet, but very soon -2weeks)
    14-+->Tactical Groud Troops: By the command .tanks f# , you can send to F#, a column of one tank (T34/Sherman class - 75mm can), one Katyusha (SP "Stalinorgel" P107 / calliope / Katyusha class - 3x16xRS132rockets)
    [​IMG]
    and one AAA mobile veichle (2X20mm) This one not implemented yet, but very soon (2 weeks) meanwhile a second T34/Sherman is used.
    15-+-> Friendly collisions: Working after take off! Be carefull at landings!;
    16-+-> Attack fleet: Now, The CV's really atacks any enemy fields at radarrange w/ a "shell rain"... Be carefull: It makes fields easy to take, but hard to take-off!;
    17-+-> Viewmaster: The unique Admins (-DEUS- e -HOST-) can, w/o alert, see whatever any pilot does, in order to check possible cheats;
    18-+-> .Shanghai: Any plane have now a "trainning version"... meaning: you can attach your vision to a vision of another pilot (IEn's feature, cool for trainning);
    19-+-> Contrails: at 20000 ft, planes does contrails;
    20-+-> "alemao's straffe": You not only can now destroy friendly structures, but, if you collide it w/ your plane, it will be destroyed (of course, the same for enemie's structures...) -hard penalties inputed in misuse of it, not only to pilot, but to his entire squad (see #13); even banning.

BTW..: New Tabahost IP is (83.149.244.13)
    BTW2..: Very soon (2 weeks) TabajaraHost will appear in main window of FH launcher, as the other regular arenas.
    BTW3..: Next tasks:
    1. State new routes for CVs at some new maps
    2. identify structures at some new maps
    3. State influence of factories, convoys, cities and so on in the war efforts of countries
    4. First new arena: Midway :mafia: (my personal wish)

If you identify any bug or strange thing (oh yes sr,... there is a lot...) plz go to TabajaraHost Sub forum and report it, in order to allow franz- to fix it (he always can do this... :D) TabajaraHost Sub Forum
    Sincerely hope you all enjoy!
    <-+-Vib

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  2. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Wow, at last!

:cheers:

The main reason I couldn't help you before was because I couldn't even fly at Tabahost!

:D

Yippeee!!!

3. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

The idea of friendly collies sounds both exciting, and also, like a few sabatoors might take advantage of it :)

4. muf-lo

muf-lo Well-Known Member

At this point I lost my erection. Can it be found a way to get lonesome bastards airborne without being part of a group? We spend the whole life in a group, at least a virtual freedom in the evening! :)
    Is the pilot permission needed? If I type, lets say ".shanghai sonar" means I can see some good 30mm action without noticing Mr Sonar?
    This is definitely good!
    Me for sure, thanks at the Tabajara Host team! :cheers:

5. ppedott_vibora

Hi alsop, muf-lo!
    -+->About lonesome bastards thing: That is an option in order to improve a teamwork bias at arena... at MA, there is a lot of lonewolves (me one), and it is not problem at all, but due we decided (it was NOT a consensus) to allow damage at friendly structures (and we did see a lot of bad examples of ppl destroying its own tarmac) and turn on friendly fire , we find necessary some "behaviour control" like to punish entire squad for a member's misbehavior, and it also will lead the squad to carefully select its members... at least to see if we will face the same problems that FH face... (but it is, like everything, temporary and under approve of the community) (well... here we go into flames... :rolleyes: :D )
    -+->About Shangai: At this very moment, I really do not know if it needs a permission, but, some beta testers already did point this issue, and franz- and me agreed to put some "authorization" in this matter... :)
    Btw, ty for your nice words/comments! :)
    This worth all those meetings/beers/plays/barbecues that we had to face during development... :D
    <-+-vib

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Nice work guys.

About the having to join a squad thing, I have a serious reservation about it.

If someone does wrong then it means the whole squad gets punished? So how can a new person to the game join a squad (and hence get to fly) since no squads will want to take the risk with someone they dont know?

I think you need to rethink that side of it to be honest. Otherwise, excellent work! :)

7. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

That doesnt help me when Im taking off or landing and some newb thinks it would be fun to "buzz" me, when his virgin to flight controls hands puts him into a collie with me, lol.

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

think who you do trust and who you don't. it's your squad, not someone's else.

9. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Still doesn't change the problem of people HAVING to be in a squad to fly, exec.

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

if you have ONE trusted man, for example a friend, you can form up a squad of two independent hunters.
    may be you have some religious or moral restrictions to avoid squads in any it's form?
    or you don't have friends?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  11. ppedott_vibora

Hi!
    We will love to listen suggestions in order to avoid the following situation:

Vibora is flying gold (badly, as usual), and get killed over and over (as usual), so, in some moment he decides log off, relog with new nick, --fk--, for example, and take a IL2 with 37mm cannon and start to shot hang, radar, and friendly (red) acks...

Our initial suggestion, is avoid that new nick situation, that wich --fk-- can be punished, but vibora not, is forcing --fk-- to belongs a squad, that will make a "policy" (sorry bad english) over its members...
    Also, as someone told, did you have notice that in IIWW a lone pilot could take a plane, take off, fight some cons and return without belong to a squad (or air force)? :D

12. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Fuck. Now I gotta stick windows in a partition?
    Arrrgh. And I gotta get the joystick workin?
    Arrrgh.
    MS pulled support for the stick I got and I gotta play this tabarhost.
    Fuck. TIme to format me a windows partition
    time for me to get an windows + high speed connection instaworm on my hard drive. Fuck
    [Zone alarm has to shut down and restart in order for the changes you have made to take effect..............okay, um, better yank that fuckin cord outta the ethernet card before you agree brad. Okay, now what else to remember, oh yeah, get a firewall up before doing anything. Um, okay now, um, turn active x off. Oh sure. Um, oh, um.
    wormviruswortmvirus You have had 4895 attacks considered serious
    Ooooh, I am scared now.
    This linux box been good to me.

13. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Stupid Question, where do I get the software to play?

Mal

14. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    I believe it will be available as a separate arena.

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Malino: one million dollar question!
    Biles: i tried to upload sepe two times. have i succeeded?

16. laxtsc

laxtsc Well-Known Member

Malino : change IP to 83.149.244.13 at FHL and voila You can play at Tabahost.

17. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

saying exactly, malino does not need to change ip.
    just select another arena.

18. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

That solves the probloms for requireing squads to fly, but that doesnt help squad to squad collies, or a squad of sabatoors......I dont really stress on the subject since Ill probably rarely if ever fly tabahost because on the 83. IP my connection is awfull.

19. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I dont think this point got cleared up.

I have no problem being in a squad. In fact, I wouldnt have it any other way. In my 2 and a bit years in FH, I have been in a squad from Day 1.

But, people will join as newbies in to the TabaHost, not knowing anyone whatsoever who plays the game. How is that person ever going to get in to the air, if he is unable to join a squad? What if he is a newbie on his own, doesnt know anyone else and is unable to form his own squad?

Sorry if im going over old ground, but I couldnt decipher from the replies above whether this point had been considered. :)

20. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

maybe, this is a way to drive nwebes on MA fh.