The Jet's limited time here

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hrtman, Jun 21, 2001.

1. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Finaly some red seeing it in the right way.

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

[​IMG] It looks like reds afraiding Me-262 are more courageous than golds afraiding conventional P-51/F4U etc. Are golds weenies? [​IMG]

On the other hand, golds that have speed but no maneuverability with Karl and Dora will got even more speed and even less maneuverability with Schwalbe. [​IMG]

On the third hand ([​IMG]) fast planes may be hard to fly tehcnically, but of course much easier tactically imho. I have problems with tactics, and most of average pilots too, while all of them can handle Me-262 technically. For me Schwalbe is much easier to fly in general than Spitfire say 14, or Yak-3. I don't believe that Me-262 is a challenge for ace gold. I don't understand that argument. [​IMG]

3. rcosta

rcosta FH Beta Tester

We don't need to look at the new planes, even. Hurricane II is the REAL uber RED plane. Yes, it's not fast, I know. Yes, a FW190 with a half-decent pilot eats him alive (yeah, right...), but he's very agile and heavily armed.

So, about this matter I am only going to say this. Compare the score of rcosta and the score of scratx. Same pilot, different sides, totally different scores. If it isn't the plane, then what is it???

That is my not so humble opinion as well, especially after fighting at several different times on the red side with scratx. I'm not the only one that thinks that way as well, so I hear. I guess flying those hard planes does have its perks, huh? [​IMG]

rcosta
    Sturmtruppen

4. mcosta

mcosta Guest

rcosta, you are NOT supposed to be effective with scratx!!! Don't forget that meeeowwwww was formed to be our "testing range" , "toy squadron" , "con-plane-lab" [​IMG]

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

5. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

lol [​IMG]

About the 262
    =============

A shame you guys don't even let us fly it... what did we do in the past that made us deserve this treatment? Defend our fields? Attack your fields? This Schwalbe extension would just counter the La5/7 Yak1/3/9 etc... Reds always whine about the 30mm in our G10 but don't they realise they did the exact same thing in the early war period with that Aeracobra every gold dislikes...? The Schwalbe perhaps has some strategical advantages, but tactically it's almost always disadvantageous to fly it... you need to think large, and be VERY patient, to get your kills in a 262... at least that's what I THINK! Because in the 2 months I've played on FH now, I've only had the chance to fly the Schwalbe once!!! Give us our righteous deserved time! We allow your La's and Yak's and Ponies 'n SpitXIV's too fast too catch and too maneuverable for a late war gold plane to get it...

Conclusion
    ==========

Extend Messerschmidt 262 Schwalbe availability time.

greetz, Zembla

2c

[This message has been edited by Zembla JG13 (edited 28 June 2001).]

6. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

"It looks like reds afraiding Me-262 are more courageous than golds afraiding conventional P-51/F4U etc. Are golds weenies?"

We are sure afraid of those planes, they are great enemys. But we DO fight them, we don't make available for 8 hours [​IMG]

"On the third hand () fast planes may be hard to fly tehcnically, but of course much easier tactically imho. I have problems with tactics, and most of average pilots too, while all of them can handle Me-262 technically. For me Schwalbe is much easier to fly in general than Spitfire say 14, or Yak-3. I don't believe that Me-262 is a challenge for ace gold. I don't understand that argument."

I'm not sure of what you meaned here. But about the spit/yak/262 thing, it can be even easier to fly the 262 (i don't think so, but it can be). I mean to FLY, not to FLIGHT. As said before, it requires lots of pacience, planing and good executation to kill with it.

------------------
    Major -fla--
    Commander of the Jambock Subgroup and Contact Officer.
    Axis Foreign Volunteers
    Squadron
    ICQ#54040734

7. ledzep

ledzep Member

i vote yes on the 262.. at least for a full day.. only fair for us golds..

8. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

But I dont see any gold requesting their removal from RPS. [​IMG]

Enemy may have superb planes, but We are desciplined soldiers taught to endure hardships without sound. [​IMG] We are used to fighting outnumbered, outgunned, outshelled, starving and barely finding time for sleep!

------------------
    grobar, dement, --kash, -fla--, khafre, korvet, ---pon, nicaee, -denis, franz-, itayky, dutchi, --kari, birdy-, iib---, pryde-, sokol-, dagget, pries-, odin--, beerme, malino, -illo-, basman are All Volunteers!
    Axis Foreign Volunteers Squadron
    "Nationalists of all countries - UNITE!" ;)

9. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

dont exagerate gro. we do have time to sleep.. [​IMG]

10. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

OK admins, what gives?

We have asked a straight forward request here. Several golds have indicated interest some have vetoed the idea because they want even more time, which I can fully understand. But the fact remains that most every red and all the golds, have been agreeable to the idea, of opening the JET's time frame, and many reds have expressed a desire to see the jet time expanded to the full time the jet was available.

So the bottom line is, will you change the JET's time on the RPS?

Alternatively we would like to know what we would need to do to get the jet for a REASONABLE period of time, as the current 8 hours / 3 weeks is just cruel and unusual punishment.

Looking very forward to your response.

TIA.

See you in the air,

Snoopy.

11. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=-

-Pilots and Admins

Sounds like maybe extend the me262 in the RPS next FHlauncher.exe update?

-hrtman

-=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=-

12. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

IMHO rps changes are done on server. They can be done very now.

------------------
    grobar, dement, --kash, -fla--, khafre, korvet, ---pon, nicaee, -denis, franz-, itayky, dutchi, --kari, birdy-, iib---, pryde-, sokol-, dagget, pries-, odin--, beerme, malino, -illo-, basman are All Volunteers!
    Axis Foreign Volunteers Squadron
    "Nationalists of all countries - UNITE!" ;)

13. -nicae-

yes, they can. remember when they removed mc202? it wasnt on update.

but i still want to say wtg on keeping the Yak9T restricted to big fields, as it was produced only in small numbers and brings disbalance to the game.

but, me262 still has to have its time extended.

14. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=-

-Pilots

I have been gone for a week or more... come back and this hot thread is no pretty dead.

The majority of the pilots seem to think that extending the 262's limited time here is a good idea. The jet is more limited here then even IEN... that is sad.

I have been growing more and more disappointed in the changes to warbirds by FH... I dont think I'm alone either... in fact it is becoming a running joke.

I guess I give up... no offical response and no listening to reason. I'm begining to question why I contribute to this message board if real conserns are ignored.

-hrtman

-=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=--=<0>=-

15. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Back too... and I stay with my words!

greetz, Zembla

16. -nicae-

yup.. no replies until now. perhaps tomorrow?

btw, that thing i said about the yak9t is wrong [​IMG]
    by what i understood, new planes show up only on big fields, being available to others later on.

btw still no reply on 262.

17. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

pushing on admins is not a option
    you never get positive results this way imho

you topic was read anyway

------------------
    Roman aka rgreat

18. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

i'm a red pilot all the time. but my thought is go ahead, give them the jet for a little longer period. i'll shoot em down any how!!!. when it does come out i get caught by surprise at first , then i'm aware it is out. i usually do fairly well against them, so it really doesnt matter. let them fly and i'll make them die ;-) lets nail em lemmie :)

19. -nicae-

ahh, so it was read [​IMG]

why not post a response like 'bah' to show us were not talking to walls? hmm i have the impression i wrote this somewhere.. [​IMG]

20. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

bah

------------------
    Roman aka rgreat