The Jet's limited time here

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hrtman, Jun 21, 2001.

1. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

-=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=-

-Pilots and Programers

First of all I would like to thank you for having a forum for us to express our thoughts.

What I am about to suggest is something that I'm sure this will upset those folks who are loyal to the "red side" and don't know how or who are not good enough pilots to beat the jet.

I have noticed here that there is a concern for making this simulation as real as possible...

ie ..(1) the addition of new planes
    (2)the remodel of planes
    (3)the remodel of guns
    (4)the remodel of damage model
    (5)addition of other features like v-1..
    ...and so on and so on

Here is the point...

I sleep like a normal human and I work like many of us... And I missed the Jet again! I'm pretty new here... and to be honest I almost always fly the 109. But I never seem to get a chance to fly the darn ME 262 in combat. My wing man Galland and I woke up early this morning (to fly the jet) at 6am pst USA ...and the Jet was not yet available. We both got off work (me early) and it was gone by 4pm.

8 hours (or less) of availability of any plane is too short. In real life the plane was available for a year more then it is listed in the simulation. I'm not even asking for that long... 24 hours (real time ..about 3 months in the game) would be enough time for people all over the world to fly it in combat at least 1 time each TOD.

----> Please extend the length of the time the jet is here.

<< not asking for a new plane here... just time to fly one mission in a plane that does already exists >>

Thank You

-hrtman

-=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=--=<o>=-

2. Galland

Galland Member

I'm here at Hartmann's house... and we were discussing the 262 thing and I dont know if I would say "who are not good enough pilots".

But I do expect some whiners to pop up. Let me give a pre-emptive comment before it happens.

It aint easy when you are in a 109 and get bounced by a p51. BANG then they leave and I cant dream of catching them in my little 109.

Maybe we should limmit the time availible of some more planes in here <NOT!>.

I second Hartmann's thoughts here. I Woke up this morning and went through the same thing.

Thing is, I have never flown the Jet in combat. I've only been here a couple of months.

More time for the Jet.

IMHO

Galland

3. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Well this is certainly a time honored topic around here. And one worth bringing up again.

I did get the VERY RARE pleasure of flying the jet Today, my first time since LAST YEAR. But that was only because I didn't have to work. If I had had to work like normal I would not have gotten the chance.

So I agree with Hrtman's proposal of 24 hours of real life time for the jet. This would mean about June 1945 I believe.

I propose we put it to a vote of the Freehost community. I was going to start my own topic on this but Hrtman beat me to it, so if we can get the responses here then I won't have to.

All we ask is that the plane be made available to player throughout the world, since this is a world wide community. That means one hour for each hour time zone so that no matter what your sleep/work schedule is you will see the jet if you play each day at about the same time.

And yes many players do not know how to kill the jet, and will whine about this idea, but I could as easily whine that the jet was available in Real Life for over a year and so we should have it for a year of game time, but I am not. Many players will also complain that they cannot defend themselve from the jet, this also isn't true, many of my passes at enemy planes were nothing more then spent fuel and ammunition as pilots did amazing jobs of defending against my attack. I also know that reds will argue that the sky is littered with jets when it is available, and frankly they are right at first, but as golds get shot down in the Jet they are often reluctant to get back in it. They hear for long time the Jet is so great and wonderful, then they die once or twice and get frustrated. This is usually when they go back to their KI's and 109's and such, after the Jet had been available for about 2 hours the percentage of golds flying it went WAY down. I am asking for what hrtman suggests.

So please place your votes here. You can make a reply with YES or NO or simply use the Thumbs up Thums Down icons.

Should we make the jet available for 24 hours of game play time?

Please lets all vote and settle this matter.

I think it is obvious what hrtman's and Galland's votes are.

I vote YES!
    Two thumbs, WAY UP.

[This message has been edited by Snoopy (edited 21 June 2001).]

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Yes for 24hours of Me-262. Only for 24 time zones.
    (hope when Meteor will appear this period could be stretched to October 1944 [​IMG])

[This message has been edited by -exec- (edited 21 June 2001).]

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

But personally I think that there are no place at all for Schwalbe and other jets in our prop/piston simulator.

6. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

Haaa once again the 262 raises to the surface, only to sink like the titanic.

A word of advice to all the "gold" players: don't waste your breath, they'll probably never change the 262.

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

[This message has been edited by Platy (edited 21 June 2001).]

7. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

My idea would be that 262 number should be somehow limited to 10% of all planes.
    If 20 golds were online there could be 2x262s in air.

We could limit this number even more by having these me262s available only for highest scoring aces online at given time. (if i had change to fly 262 i rarely would)

Also if you shot down that 262 you would know its pilot just lost his streak and can't come back in 262 anymore[​IMG]

This would be great to implement when we get gloster Meteor.

Anyway, some rarity factor for planes would be great.
    It would motivate pilots to fly better.

...oh and i allmost forgot.
    If there was so few 262 in air,
    it could be released in summer 1944.
    And i wouldnt mind at all.

[This message has been edited by illo (edited 21 June 2001).]

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

may be schwalbe will motivate, may be not.

i don't like this plane because: 1.outsider of the style, 2.isn't balanced sooner or later.

personally i'd fly it only against meteor, or vice versa.

9. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

That`s why we all want to fly it from time to time!

But forget it... No red would ever agree - they piss in their pants if they see a 262... And they hold the power here... [​IMG]

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

grobar>No red would ever agree - they piss in their pants if they see a 262...
    Careful, Grobar.
    grobar>And they hold the power here... [​IMG]
    You may be unaware, but Aike's and UF's squad 25th IAP VVS flown golds last TOD. Richi's squad 55th IAP VVS was gold too.
    As for RGreat's Flying BARANS, it flies both sides simultaneously.

I don't understand your pretensions.

11. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

I agree with grobar with the piss in the pants stuff [​IMG].

Has for the "ace" limitations in the 262 only one word comes into my head.. ridiculous. We could also put limitations on the P51 too, you know they are extremely fast and agile, but... hooo they don't have poor acceleration jet engines so that's ok.

Admit it you are afraid of the 262, and if the only way to counter that fear ir to introduce the meteor (that wasn't even used in the same way and numbers as the 262) then go ahead. Put the meteor and the 262 in the game and let's see the results.

As for me? I won't use the 262, i can't use it properly and it would be a waste of time for now.

I don't even know why i bodered to write this post.. it will probably receive a reply sayin that the 262 unbalances the game to the point of no return and that i was out of line to say this things.. bla bla bla

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

12. mcosta

mcosta Guest

Oh man, here we go again...

First of all, I'm completelly opposed to the current timetable for the Me262. It sould be available as soon as Dec1944, in the worst case!

If reds get pissed when they see a 262 is because they don't know AND don't wanna know how to defend/attack on of these.
    As I wrote MANY MANY times before, it's easy to get killed on a 262, just like I was killed yesterday. On the contrary, flying with the 262 requires lots of skills to ber able to down a plane with it...

And again, I was able to fly 4 or 5 times wwith it untill the arena was reset to 1940...

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

PS : ME262 to 1944 _NOW_

13. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Wow talk about not getting the point. You folks do realize that I am trying to use this forum to communicate our desires to the wonderful people who make it possible for us to play every day.

Grobar and platy, don't tell me that the other side won't go for it! Just tell me that you vote yes or no.

Illo. Nice idea but that isn't what is on the discussion table at the moment.

So let me start again.

Should FreeHost expand the game play time from the current 7 or 8 hours to 24 hrs for the jet?
    Thereby ensuring that a player who plays at the same time each day will always get to fly or fly against the jet once per ToD.

Not various other schemes to get red to accept this idea, I want to know what everybody thinks of this single idea. So please give me your Yeah or Nai, your Yes, or No, your Right On or Bummer.

And most important of all let REDs do there own arguing against it.

Platy I assume you would Vote yes but you seem to have abstained. Illo I just don't know, Mcosta I feel confident you would Vote yes, but if we could get it in writing that would be great, and Exec is clearly a yes.

I still vote yes so please lets stick to the subject and see what kind of reaction RED gives.

In conclusion please vote below yes or no.

If No please feel free to tell us why, and offer up alternative solutions so that more golds can at get to fly the jet more then once every six months. But lets keep the vote on just this idea going. If this comes back NO then we will look at your alternate ideas and maybe put one of them to a vote at that time.

Thanks and see you in the air.

[This message has been edited by Snoopy (edited 21 June 2001).]

14. seahawk

seahawk Well-Known Member

Personally,

just give those people to fly this plane for 2 days! whats the big problem?
    un balanced? IMHO from the forum's speaking most war the odds are unbalanced (against godls)....

15. gawong

gawong Well-Known Member

Christiansted, St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands
    If admins dont like the me262 maybe it should be removed completely from the game instead of serving as a tease. When meow gets shook in my face i like to take it and.....[​IMG] So lets have the plane available according to the history books.

16. mcosta

mcosta Guest

Yes for more time,
    NO for only 24 hours.

If the 262 was removed from WB, I'd self remove myself from FH.

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

17. mcosta

mcosta Guest

Go tell that to the allied pilots who had to deal with it in WW2 [​IMG]
    We cal also say that there was no place for a Nuke there as well... Go tell that as well to Hiroshima and Nagasaki people...

Just implement the Gloster Meteor... you'll see how fast the red's opinion will shift sides...
    Ahh.. I forgot... reds already have P51x and Yaks [​IMG]

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

18. lemmie

lemmie Well-Known Member

Well, you'll never catch me in a gold plane(unless the beers have taken over completely), so here's a red's viewpoint: I welcome the idea of making the 262 available for a greater period of time. It's not as hard to defend against the 262, as it is to catch and kill, which I believe generates the real frustration among red pilots. The last time I flew amongst them, I scored 3 kills to 1 killed, over a few sorties in my p-51. I was solo, defending a field being attacked by three golds flying two 262's and a 190. I was forced to patient, and develop a strategy to counter and catch the 262, which in the end made for a very satisfying evening. The jet adds a new variation to the arena. The 262 has always fascinated me. The thrill of seeing a 262 pass in front of your sights is as eerie as it is exciting; and it's gratifying to see one fall from the skies, decorated with lead from your guns. I try to imagine what the Allied pilots thought and felt seeing a 262 in action for the first time. I think the 262 is an important closer to the TOD, and I think that red pilots, if patient and creative enough with their tactics, will find the element of the 262 as satisfying as the gold pilots flying them. As for limiting the number of 262's available at one time, I don't think it matters. As other pilots have stated, I don't think as many will be flown as people think. Plus, I think pilots will tend to tire or become bored of it more quickly than other planes. The more 262's in the air, the more will fall. As for its current availability, of < 24hrs, I wonder why have it at all.
    Go 262![​IMG]
    http://www.stormbirds.com

Lem

BTW, In no way do I support the actions, philosophies, tactics, feelings, drinking habbits, prefered sexual positions, etc. of
    the 228 ShAD, Sturmtruppen, German Aces, Spoilers, Confederate Airforce, etc. [​IMG]

19. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I don't think this should even be a discussion topic. It's seens that we are always trying to make the game more realistic, so why not put the 262 when it first appeared ?
    Sure reds will have to come out with new tatics to counter it, but don't you think we had to think about them when La5, yak9t or I16 first appeared ? Sure we had.
    Most golds will try to fly it a few times, but it is an expert's plane, as they probably won't get kills in it, they will give up (even sonner if they are killed).

YES, do it from 1944. NO, to just extend to 24hrs.

20. seahawk

seahawk Well-Known Member

NO for realistic time up (1944).
    YES for more time (i.e : 2-3 days of horor)

you all need to udnerstand ofcourse that it brings horor to all who can fly that plane [​IMG] but also that if it will be from 1944 it just wont be fun anymore....

just make it more days.....IMHO 2-3.

Seahawk