Advice, ect.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ledzep, May 25, 2001.

1. ledzep

ledzep Member

Heyas all,

I was wondering if anyone could spare a bit of time to give a few pointers, i know theres a help/training board, but I'm to lazy to use the translator and too poor to hire one, so ehh?

I'm sure many will say practice offline, ive done that and its not really challenging or realistic as far as the in game world, I dont think at least, tho its kinda fun to kill time sometimes.

Anyways, anything is appriciated and if anyone would like to spare some time to give some in flight type examples I would definately be happy, or if any gold wants to wing up and learn together thats just as good. Dosnt really matter to me.

Thanks,

icq 31793179

2. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

what can I say.....
    Practiced offline in ace mode [​IMG]. Thats how I trained myself in offline mode when i didn't had internet. other than that, searvh the internet for sites that show you some basic maneuvers and train them. I think that in offline mode what u can train the most is how to control the diferent planes and know their limits (i think you know that fighting in a ki43 or a Fw190 are two diferent things).

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

they... are?? [​IMG]

sry ledzep.. if i trained you, the one who would learn would be me [​IMG]
    best to do is go flying, flying and flying. best if online. most important of all, indeed, is to learn about the planes and how to use them. and how to fight them [​IMG]

cya
    nicae

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

5. seahawk

seahawk Well-Known Member

Platy......im not so sure about it ........ [​IMG]

And there's no diffrece between ACE to BEGINNER mode.......in ACE tghey just shoot from d6 and hit.......and beginner they dont.....thats all.

Go check : www.propsim.com

6. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

not that simple, in easy they are just pure blind, in ace they fly alot better, trust me.

------------------
    platy-
    Sturmtruppen

7. mcosta

mcosta Guest

ledzep, if you want some heavy *practical* training with sturmtruppen, you're welcome...
    if you ask me, I can give you directions on how to use the fw190 and other wnergy fighters...
    rcosta can help you with "heavies" .... like the 110G2 [​IMG]
    platy- is our new ki43 expert... but any of us can help you with maneuver fights (ki43 me, ki61 rcosta, etc... [​IMG] )

If interested, drop me ( or rcosta or platy- ) a priv message on the forum [​IMG]

regards,

mcosta
    Sturmtruppen

PS : This offer is good for "gold" planes only [​IMG]

8. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I'm sure that any AFVS pilots would be glad to fly with you and teach you some of the tricks. Just look at the kill messages to find us. [​IMG]

Gold only.

9. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

cc, contact AFVS, why not?
    and why not join us? [​IMG]

cya
    nicae!

10. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

One of the best way I found for training is H to H combat! Just register yourself at the WB ladder challenge, that's how I learned how to fly!!! H to H and arena fighting are a good mix for improvement in dogfighting!!! ELITE squad are very dangerous in dogfighting (personnaly I think one of the best in that type of combat) and guess what... they are almost all from the ladder [​IMG]

------------------
    The Bogeymen!
    Mom lied, we do exist

11. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

That's good too.I learned to fight there. But it teaches you only the basic 1vs1. 1vs many, 2vs2, 2vsmany, manyvsmany, ground attack, field capture, etc you can only get online flying with someone.
    That's a great place to meet people also. There was i guy from there that told me about FH (when not public). And there I met my squad mates (at least the older ones).
    [​IMG]

-fla--
    Contact Officer of AFVS

12. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Tipiss

The problem with the ladder challenge is that it encourages turn and burn tactics, and the Boom and Zoom just don't work as well. Not that they don't work at all in H to H, but H to H is no the place to learn B&Z. And a well rounded pilot should be good at both.

13. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

Has I was saying, you need a mix of H to H and online fighting! When you get in trouble using B&Z tactics H to H practice comes in handy!!!

------------------
    The Bogeymen!
    We cause premature EJECTulation!

14. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Which takes us right back where we started and he needs someone online to show him the ropes.

15. seahawk

seahawk Well-Known Member

H2H is the best training there is,
    if you are the best in h2h, your a real ace.

in h2h mode you need to learn both SA, T&B, E FIGHTING, and even BnZ (yes, I can show you if you want [​IMG]

Snoopy, im not something special in WB [​IMG] but I saw you once BnZ me.....it wasnt a preaty sight [​IMG] you boom, and zoom up to d36+ [​IMG]
    after 10min, you come back and dive again...and than same way up [​IMG]
    I'm alwayse thinking you are RTBing , but you ain't [​IMG]

(GDR)[​IMG]

16. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

Don't think being the best in h2h makes you an ace, when you have more then 1 con to fight it's a totaly other kind of game! [​IMG]

------------------
    The Bogeymen!
    We cause premature EJECTulation!

17. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Those are all good points Seahawk, and worthy of the new flyers attention. Learn them make them part of you. But in H to H you can tunnel on your opponent. (Tunnel: To look at exclusively) If you tunnel in the game someone will sneak you and you will die.

As for me BnZing you, what can I say, you always hurt the ones you love. [​IMG] And if I was gone for 10 mins was I in the jet? That darn thing take forty acres to turn around.

But please don't go telling all my secrets. I will never make it home again. [​IMG]

18. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Yes, H2H is great for initial training, I started with it and when I came to the arena I could hold my own (for 5s [​IMG]).
    But it's completely diferent from arena fighting by many points:
    -The tunnel effect. Look only at your target for more than 5s in the arena and you are dead.
    -Number of enemys. It's completely different to fight against 1 con or against 2,3,4...
    -Wingman. You can't train flying with a partner in H2H. It's REALLY important.
    -Field attack. My squad do it a lot, so i think it's important to train field capture with other pilots.

Ledzep, if you need hlp (ir ANY other of you do), pls contact me.

------------------
    Major -fla--
    Commander of the Jambock Subgroup and Contact Officer.
    Axis Foreign Volunteers
    Squadron
    ICQ#54040734

19. ledzep

ledzep Member

Hey all,

Thanks for all the advice.. I'll definately check out the WB ladder, even if it dosn't fit exactly what I wanna do I'm sure it can help. In the meantime I'm off to work.. bleh..

anyways, Ill prolly take a few of you up on your offers [​IMG] so be warned..