Disco kill streak

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by DZIVDZAN, Jul 16, 2007.

1. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

Yestrday i was hitted, leaking of fuel and I was rtbf when disco happened, I had enough fuel to rtb field in worst scenario i will ditched on red teritory, no cons on my 6 or any dot which follow me. Aster disco I logged again and when I look at my scor my streak was lost :( and this is the second time it happens to me.

2. --maty

--maty Well-Known Member

It's well known (more or less :) ) anti-F4 feature. 4-5 years ago alt-F4 was a legal way to escape from con on six. So if u have a bad connection don't fly as streakmaker, fly as furballer :)

3. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hmm, the application really *should* be able to distinguish between the user Alt-F4'ing his way out of trouble and a loss of connection. Alt-F4 is an event that the application can react to, provided it has been coded in such a way.

Of course that would still leave the possiblity that a player might just pull the network cable.

4. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

As I usually did ;)

5. jfm

jfm Well-Known Member

it probably depend damage type
    it seems that pilot armor damage is safe for disco

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

When you have just holes you can disconnect without problems.

But if you have lost some critical part of plane (e.g. eleron, rudder, stab, etc) the host count you as "killed" while disconnect.

If you press Alt-f4 the host will count you as "killed" without difference was you damaged or not. If you want to exit safe from game and you aren't damaged you can switch to taskbar and kill "warbirds.exe" or "wbd3d.exe" process.