Fixing Me410 propose

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by _strafe_, Jun 10, 2006.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yep, gryphon. fh added all those SC-50 bombs for jabos for compensating absence of rockets.

2. _strafe_

_strafe_ Well-Known Member

Thnx for the links exec.
    But your source about P47 didn't quote M8 rockets, is very poor talking about ammo load.
    My sources are:
    Monografie Lotnicze 025 P-47 Thunderbolt ISNB 83-86208-36-8
    Walk Around n°11 Squadron-Signal - P47 Thunderbolt ISBN 87747-375-2
    In Action 018 Squadron-Signal - Thunderbolt ISNB (missing)
    In Action N°067 Squadron-Signal - Republic p47 Thunderbolt - ISBN 0-89747-161-x

About axis planes:
    Those planes IRL used to have that bomb loads using ETC501, ETC503, ETC50or ER4 racks. It wasn't here to balance, is a real bombload.

"gryphon", don't compare attacking fields with rockets x bombs. Firing rockets you can hit acks in a safe distance. Bombing you have to dive on them or do a fast level drop, that means the pilot needs to stay close to ack to get a direct hit exposing himself to ack fire.

My complain is about why not put rockets in one more axis plane?

3. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

nah you can easily bomb from a safe alt above acks
    at least you could until 190 elev control was "repaired"

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Remember that the Corsair has also ... 'benefitted' from this .... 'improvement'.

5. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

i have a few books by guys that flew D model thunderbolts with the 9th AF USAAF (JaBos) & wrote about using HVARs. Later P-47Ds were factory (-25 or -30 & after, i forget which) fitted with the appropriate rails & there were field modification kits for earlier ones. The "three on the tree" rockets were a lot more rare, was only a field modification (look at some phtos of the launcher, lol, what is that, a sesquiplane?!?!) & 16 i never heard of (but i have seen 14 HVAR on P-38s)

6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

monografie lotnicze - do u understand Polish? is it bilingual? how can you quote that?
    walk around - pfff

nevermind those..

squadron-signal in action 67 - the only info on p47D rockets in it - see the attached pic
    count the empty stubs for the 5 inch rockets too
    btw, that's hvar. 4,5 is other stuff
    lol

Attached Files:

• p47.JPG
      p47.JPG
      File size:
      41.6 KB
      Views:
  7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i know about bazookas, but they were attached to delta before block 30.
    since we don't have d-5, d-10, d-15 or d-20, we don't have m8 for jugs.
    our one is d-30-re as you can clearly read in selection menu.

i could ignore that problem, and some developers were contra those sc-50 loads.

bombs are more accurate, and with some practice could be dropped as precise as rockets from the same distance (from above 500m alt).
    you can trust me since my playing style is strafing.

looks like you don't want to scroll up, i repeat LAST TIME, that 300kgHE gr.21 won't be given to hornisse.
    once more time you raise this question after numerous explanations, and you will loose me as your reader.

8. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

9. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

500m alt? It is so dangerous, why so low? I'm droping bombs from 1500-2000m accurately.

190Fs elevator could be fixed, it is like flying with locomotive.

R4M rockets are useless, you need at least direct hit to kill ack, but on the other side, HE PR is hard to hit too.

I vote for me410 with 50mm and for mosquito tse tse too, i like big guns.

And i vote for harder way to kill tanks with rockets/bombs to make useful these tank busters like il2+37mm and ju87g, bf110G. When i'm driving tank so far away from my field i would like be killed by other tank or tank buster, not only some stupid 50kg bomb hited ground 50m from my tank.

10. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

so drive closer to where the bomb is going to land

11. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

Allways turn torward the attacking aircraft if you feel hes going to hit you with a bomb, most strafers cant compensate for the added closure rates...

It´s generally safe to keep your tank nose pointed towards attacking aircraft.

I have only one complaint here : Hispanos aren´t suposed to kill tanks head-on... (even 50mm would have problems doing that...)

12. _strafe_

A 410 with 50mm cannon (BK5)

[​IMG]

The main operational nigh fighter version of the Hornisse was the Me 410 A-2/U2, fitted with nose radar aerials, a 50 mm BK 5 nose cannon for bomber destroyer purposes, two MG 17 machine guns and two 20 MG 151 cannons in an all-front armament configuration, except for the rear MG 131 barbettes. This was one of the most wonderful gun configurations of the Hornisse because of its tremendous destruction power. The BK 5 was a troublesome cannon for its automatic reloading system jammed easily; even though, a single round could bring down a four engine bomber hit in any part from a 1000 yds.

13. _strafe_

Coloured picture:

[​IMG]