Resets

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Wojtus, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Wojtus

Wojtus Well-Known Member

Why winners get no award? And sometimes they even get "long way home" in return because half of the map just turned into enemy's land.
    What could be done? Some thoughs:
    1. Delay reset after a war is won by 5 minutes. This would allow pilots to return to their country's fields. Time should depend on map used (5 mins may be too short for MEDRL2).
    2. Field which was last captured, and all fields which still belong to loosers at this moment, will be given to winner's after the reset, disregarding map's defaults.
    3. Map could have 2 or more schemas of initial ownerships of fields. The schema would be selected at reset so it would give the most of last captured fields to winners side. For example, if reds won the war by pushing golds to NE corner of the map, a schema would be used which gives NE part to the reds at start.
    4. "Peace agreement": Planes of the winning side (or both) will be indestructable and unable to cause any damage until they land. Landing can be permitted even on enemy's fields (acks can't harm such plane).
    5. All pilots will be forcibly moved back to towers, but with scores for landing.

2. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I, and most people here, would agree to a sensible solution to this problem.

Its up to admins tho, and I dont know if they plan anything. Since it has been brought up so many times now, maybe they will fix it :)

-glas-

3. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

Since most people need to relog after reset anyway, to fix reset bug, why not just have server boot all players at reset? Scores tallied for current status at reset.

regards, Oz

4. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

anybody knows after reset long way home, when you go last fields for fight, close vulch or etc. take enough fuel before than you came home, in realy war after u loose an airfield what you do there? crying whyning huhuh enemy, pls let me land and wait 2 hours that we can take back our planes and materials? stupid diskussion here srry, thatґs war, u must plane for all and not make your own rulez, you lost your streak yes? that the only reason that change rulez ;), thats my meening, regards mosche :cool:

5. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Man, you make no sense... :eek:

6. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

Mosche, what are u talking about?

7. mosche

mosche Well-Known Member

i talke about let it, as it is, stupid new rulez srry, regards mosche :cool: