Some good song

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Jacobe, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ul-cZyuYq4

2. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

3. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  4. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

5. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

6. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

7. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Better. And beautiful too:
    I liked the band when they were a folk band too. In fact, I liked them better.
    Bob walsh paid his house off, maybe he didn't become a 'superstar' but he did so pay his bills. Fleetwood Mac needed a guitarist when Bob left, so, they got a guitarist AND Stevy. Sorry, but I think Miss Macfee could have done as well and she didn't have multiple nervous breakdowns after the USA got hold of her and made her go all sideways.
    Buckingham and Nicks were starving before, then after? They got to the USA and the whole bunch of them went insane, except Mr Fleetwood, the Mistro.

FUCK. The music I am listenning to is FIFTY+

Ya know, when I was 20, I thought 50 year old music was UNBEARABLE.

This is the song Fleetwood heard, from a mailed demo tape. He sent them a letter back asking them if they would like to join the band.
    Yep.
    And stevy Nicks went to the USA, with it's pressure and stress and PSYCHIATY. She didn't like the hurry and the worry and she, instead of GOING HOME, went to see a psychiatrist, who got her addicted to a coctail of terrible, yankee made chemicals, sposed to be 'good for you.'
    GOOD FOR WHO?
    USA is a pot of soup with a turd in it.
    Poor Stevie.
    I could have straightened her out, I would have given her a pair of gumboots a stool and a sack of muctuk to make me some dinner. FOREVER.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  8. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

9. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  10. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

=

Very nice guitarin' and so is Joe Pass'es! :)

I have dug and have listened Joe so much I've lost my hair just like him, even not learned to play anything close to his abilities! ;)

11. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I like this guy....

12. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

I was in his concert in Tapiola, Finland early nineties....that was something 'Chick corea Electric Band II' playing music from their record 'Paint the world'

[​IMG]

...The song 'Ished' blew my mind... That song is impossible to find anywhere, but I might upload it to my youtube...

mr. ( or miss or lady or alien ) Corea is good ol' fart souless scientologist... "We don't make mistakes in our lifes nor in our music" huh huh lol. wtg.

Those guys like the drummer Dave Weckl is unhumanly accurate. He swings 0%, it sounds like ...umm ....har to find words...

I once asked from my drummer friend 10 years older than me : "Have you ever heard about a guy called Chick Corea?"

He sat still for a moment and looked outside of our music training rooms window and said : "...oh... you talking about Shit Urea?..."

[edited : I found the song]

(But when the saxophone solo starts... I normally go to toilet and throw up.)

13. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Jazz to me is best when I don't pay any attention to it. Let it come like rain. NO....snow. If you pay too much attention, you have to look for one snowflake and follow it down, and miss the snowfall. and the snowflake is gone, and I wonder why I did that. So that I stop focusing on it and it feels pretty good.
    Experten, like you, no offence, I ain't being a smart ass, can examine a piece of music in bits. You could tear it apart and understand. I have an uncle who can do that. He is a natural musician. I am his nephew and am a good listener.
    I miss my uncle.

Didn't he have stanley clark as bass player in his electric band?
    [I could go find out myself...]

Oh, yeah.
    I love the organ grinding.

14. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Sax?
    I don't think this will make your gorge rise [I hope not. I think it is Ian Underwood playing.... wait, I find out (yep is/was)]

I think I already posted this song a while back.
    [fuck I sure hope the yankees shysters and their grasping hydra don't take all the music off youtube. I would stop using youtube if they did that]

15. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

BTW, you are in Europe so possibly you visited Italy and the jazz scene there, but they DIG IT big time :) An Italian friend told me about him, because of the "paisano connection" :) See how in USA -- sometimes -- we appreciate and encourage objective views? We are also human.

Well, I didn't want that to sound so much like propaganda. But...

In northern Italy there are some amazing musicians. In the South also, but I acquired the prejudices of the northern Italian dudes. OMG, such good people. Some of the best times of my life there.

And look at how stealthily he looks at his watch at the end of the clip :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  16. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

My good friend Hezey: Why does the world love Zappa?

Now I take cover behind a berm as bullets zip around me :)

Since ~ 1975 I've been trying to appreciate it, but I can't! Now, I say this because I respect your opinion.

Know what? Maybe this will automatically send me to Hell, but I always liked Missing Persons. Cuccurullo was/is apparently a lunatic, but that was a cool band ;) Also she looked good to bang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlN3c_-oc3s

17. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

A good band if you did lyrics, Jacobe does muzykalnyi composition :)

Sometime during the 70s you and I we listening to the same stuff :)

I'll be happy to pimp some simple comps in the background as you guys go :)

18. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

A good band if you did lyrics, Jacobe does muzykalnaia composition :)

Sometime during the 70s you and I we listening to the same stuff :)

I'll be happy to pimp some simple comps in the background as you guys go :)

19. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

In the 70s I was the guy who brought the stereo setup to the party. I used to have a good knowledge of the hits and a better knowledge than my friends did of what we called then progressive music.
    Now, I have a fuckin brain damage and can remember about 10% of the years 19 to 40. I call that time My Bullshit Time.
    what I knew then, in regard to things I don't anymore need to know to keep from being run over by a prozac gulpin driver or mugged by gansta nig-talkin flailer on meth with too many body piercings and his no-am-sane homies.

20. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member