The Sad Path

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by stooge, Feb 8, 2005.

1. stooge

stooge Well-Known Member

Hi guys, i'm just here to pretty much put the last nail on the coffin for the 44th japanese kamikaze squad. Most of you guys might not even know us at all, thats probably cause most of the old farts(from 2001, 2003 xmas period) days have quit. To those of you guys who still remember us thanks a lot, we had some great times with you guys, memorable times indeed:
    stooge
    --nova or nova--
    rommel

Now, after observing wb change and evolve over the years, theres a few things i'd like to say.

1. change of attitudes: when i first picked up the game, i was still a counter strike man, that means a swearing, abusive annoying bastard(still am), i came to wb and realised what a change it was. The players were more or less honorable, with no chute killing, little swearing, congradulating on good kills/planned attacks and so on, it was chivalrous if u like, players had respect for each other and this was the general attitude of the game.

- now however, the forums are all about "fuck the admins" "fuk this player fuk that player", ur dick , im a dick, u cheat, i cheat, ur a noob im a noob etc...
    players have deffinetely in many areas grasped upon the CS theme, unfortunately so.

2. the developers changes: as many golds would know, since the 100% fuel thing came in, Japanese planes have virtually become useless, i mean it was paper for starters, but paper could turn, now that paper coudn't turn and couldn't spin relative to the tin box the spitfire was, how could u fly that plane. Similarly, attack planes such as 110 is useless with 100% fuel, a real sitting duck. So in conclusion, for realism or for imbalance/balance, what ever it was i dont blame the developers for anything, but my opinion is on the matter is that if a certain class or set of planes is virtually useless, then whats the point of keeping or modelling them in teh first place.
    - along with changes to the damage models, from what ive read in teh forums, they dont seem to be very balanced or accurate.

So my message to all here, admins, devs, player salike is this:
    Warbirds is not a new game, i was still a homosexual discoball when the damn thing came out. Warbirds wont get any younger, with rivaling games such as Half life 2, battlefields 2(coming out) out or so to be out in the market, the graphic appeal of warbirds will only diminish expotentially as the months roll by.
    what keeps this game popular and very much alive is the players, the community if you like, this close nit, dedicated and mutually respecting community. At least this is what kept FH flourishing in the golden age of FH. This community however i fear will diminish as time goes on, as teh game loses appeal, as the changes isolate more and more players.

my call and challenge to the new generation of FHers and devs and admins is this to respect each other, tolerate differences of opinions and views, act mature, this isn't cs, this isn't just any other game.

to the Devs, please take note of the opinions of the community, let those who have a point to argue, put forth their argument, debate it through reason and logic, not through abuse and irrationality.
    Remember after all, warbirds is a game, a game isn't meant to model reality completely, go past the optimum mix of fun and reality and u'll find urself a game wifout players.

However little these words might affect your opinions or judgement i do not know or care, what i do care is that i might have invoked in some of you an ideal of this community to be respectful, tolerant and progressive.

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i hope we are mostly respectful than angry. except few ones.
    i hope we will get through bad times. i hope we won't get mad while that.
    and i hope to bring honorable team fun some day. hope soon.

3. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

nice words stooge
    wont change anything, but ur right

4. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Yes, you're right...

But few players of the "old guard" still have enough time at hands. The respect - the atmosphere, really - has gone a long time ago for me. The game was fun when I could still fly around with squaddies, but now, because of real life, and because of some things that happened (for example biz's retarded cheating claim), I can't hardly ever fly with my squaddies. Or for that same matter, some of my "old guard" friends I used to team up with. It's just too bad really, the game started off great, but things change.

We can't do much to stop things from changing (not talking FHL-wise, talking community-wise). We can however, set an example. Currently teamplay is a far-fetched concept, the arena has grown more competitive as well. Competition is a good thing, as long as it is a mean, and not a goal in its own regard.

Those are just the tip of the iceberg though. The community likes to blame the developers and the changes made for the decrease in fun, that's just taking it the easy way though. If the community was - as stooge said - like it was in the past, people wouldn't blame the new Launcher update, but would rather try to live with it, and see it as something new, as an opportunity to learn new stuff, to revise old tactics. I remember in the past, all of a sudden easy mode was turned off, hell, I hadn't even heard you COULD turn it off, quite a surprise. But we lived, we learned. If a similar change would've been made now however (the spin is pretty similar now I come to think of it) we would've been bombed with whining threads. I'm not saying there's no blame to some of the more drastical changes, I'm saying the devs account for a small small part of the blame.

Ah well... the good old days won't come back. Nowadays most threads try to achieve something by whining, or by far-fetched sources, and self-proclaimed mechanical/mathematical geniality (as demonstrated by squirl). No wonder the devs don't listen to that :)

<Z>

5. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I remember nova, but its been awhile....

This game is going to hell really fast- its like each version sinks us a little deeper in the whole. I like squirls chart in another thread. As new versions come out, the more agressive, angry, and whiny we become.

6. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

No Zem, I'm getting bitchy because I try to explain a problem about the DM of a particular plane and certain people keep turning it into a thread about FM.

It's never bothered me about flight model but I get pissed off when I lose a fight because I take a single hit at 700+ yards and my plane falls to pieces....

Mal

7. Zembla JG13

Then we need a good DM model thread again. There were many in the "old" days. Hispano is indeed a very powerful gun, but I think the admins have been tweaking around a bit with damage zones etc. I remember for example how one time in the past the admins disabled damage transfer between the individual parts of an aircraft for one day. (This means: a bullet that hits your flaps, will also affect your wing etc, they turned this off) All 30 mm guns were instantly useless. Maybe it was something to the contrary of this that got you? I remember plenty of odd kills, stuff happens. But damage model is a very difficult thing as far as I know, there's always the golden BB theory as well. But of course, if it happens everytime, something's wrong.

<Z>

8. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

IRL pilots hasn't any icons showing the distance and the tracer is visible imo about 300-400yrds. This is two problems of WB gunnery, but this topic isn't about gunnery.

U R right Stooge.

9. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

If we didnt have icons then we would be fucked! Especially now that both sides have planes like the d520 which doesnt even sport 2 different paintjobs.

Incase you didnt know hugo, we dont have radar operators here, and we most certanly dont have live radio.

This game would be a pile of shit if we had to type our messegs and still get to d2 to identify a plane and even then may not know for sure.

I agree the FM isnt so fucked anymore even though changes need to be made "why does p39 not stall? the plane is a flying gun- aka junk" but the DM is what needs the most attention.

10. stooge

stooge Well-Known Member

well the thing quiet honestly is that
    no matter how much u argue
    no matter how right u are
    no matter what you say

in all probability, the devs wont be seriously taking ur opinion into account, they have their agenda, an agenda that is rightfully theres might i add, since they do make the entire system work out in the end. All credits to them for that.

However, by bitching, u get disputes, disputes turns into arguments and arguments turns into lasting hostility in game and in forum, ruining the games reputation, the game's fun, the game's atmosphere and consequently dividing the entire community into pieces of lobbyists(lobbying for DM change, rollback versions and the hundreds of other problems that people dont like about the game).

Just think guys

how many complaints and threads about this problem and that problem ahs being hatched with each new verson and how much of the problems actually get solved?

not saying the devs dont listen, im sure they hear and see what u are saying, they have their own idea however.

11. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

When I first found this place I thought, ?hey?they have a forum?nice!?
    I thought, a place to discuss related topics, rather naively.

As I watched the forum for a while there seemed to be little other than amusing anecdotes, jokes and a little complaining. Still I?d see what was happening from time to time.

For some time the volume of complaining has been increasing and personally I have found this irritating. So much so, that I felt it was time to speak out in opposition of those who seem to have little to positively contribute. I don?t like this, it?s a waste of my time, but fools jump in as they say!

For those who feel so strongly as to leave, I feel it?s sad that FH loses good pilots, especially under a cloud! However, if/when I hit a point of having no fun here, I will do the same.

But for those who do enjoy this game I would say make your mark. If you feel the MA needs more team spirited sorties, build a team! The MA and the forum are, to some extent, chaotic. There are little/no regulations. This allows ALL to participate in their own way and the whingers have been having plenty of their own way! But if you like the game and enjoy the challenge I say, hit hard in the MA and speak up in the forum?it?s here for those that enjoy it too. It?s not the whinging that?s important, it?s the taking part ;)

Beware, bullshit baffles minds! ?Everyone believes a lie if it?s told often enough?

The majority of my sorties are successful*, I fly mostly in squad/team based missions and I have fun in all my sorties.

www.627squadronraf.bravehost.com

* See also scores for : tiff? (british planes) walijn (last ToD zeros)

12. Zembla JG13

It's not that the devs don't listen, it's just that, whichever thread you read, whichever argument is used, there's always a counter-argument. What I mean by this is: if both sides complain about as much as each other, then the devs - quite right - assume things are more or less balanced...

<Z>

13. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

Z, the only problom is, some ppl complain more ;)

14. Zembla JG13

Lol, good one :p

<Z>

15. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

my regards, spooge! fair words!

16. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Yhea- the idea comes through loud and clear "Lets make a game where russia in king, warping history is the only way we can make foolish people belive this is how things went down IRL..."

Kills from d8- bullshit.

17. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

is there any thread u can pass by wo complaining about anythin?
    even those with so... positive load?

18. Zembla JG13

Sry for the Offtopic, but Spuint is right.

With all the shit you talk you'd expect you've got three meals of shit-eating a day.

Are you a faecies fetisjist?

<Z>

19. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I belive my OT: My new ride has no complaining

And my old threads of climb rate for the fw190 vs the spitfire, and the attempt to add the cr.42 to WB

Every peacefull thread I have is soon turned to shit like ignorant fuckers like frog who bring no data to the table and simply denie, lie, denie just so their fragile world of domination isnt shattered.

Maybe if one person here could be sensible and have a debate not an arguement with real data like what me and squirl try to use than I wouldnt get so fucking crazy and pissy with everyone, but untill that day comes. Ill be a pain in the ass till the day I die.

20. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

why we didn't make some action in MA? With radiooperators, comanders and good planed actions? Gold comander vs: red comander and his planes and pilots?

I think about it for a long time, and maybe, in future with better and cheaper connection.....?