Tips? How to tell the English they are barbarian?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by grobar, May 6, 2005.

1. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

2. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    There were no naked ladies in there Uncles.

I feel cheated.

3. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    What was the topic?
    The english eat beef offal.
    Like, well, stomach and spleen.
    I don't care how good the [warm] beer is. Nothing can wash down offal.

4. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

In spain we also eat the stomach of the cows, and it's delicious (for those coming to spain, in Madrid, ask for "callos" ...... mmmmmhhhhhh)

5. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

aarghhggh callos is that?? thx i didn t know!! aaarhghghg puagss

6. Perdomo

you didn't know that callos was that? have you ever tried them?

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Oh, isn't this arrogant? Wtg for that christian spirit, i bet Jesus was saying: "Those stupid Romans"...
    And i guess the one who wrote this is a more-gifted one, right? Well, i don't see what his gift is. Maybe he has a 18 inch cock, because his brain got the worse part... :rolleyes:

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

That it's waaaay too long for non english readers. Sorry, i couldn't finish :shuffle:

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

so i think. Disgusting as a pic of airfax naked

10. Perdomo

I love callos, you pussies

11. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

and you like Mark Knopfler. That says all about the shit you like :rolleyes:

:D:D

12. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

who is mark knopfler?

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

better don't want to know it. You'll be happier if you never listen to him

14. Perdomo

who discovered metallica to you? and role playing games? and wbfh?

seems that your memory is as sharp and long as your dick....

15. Perdomo

Mark knopfler is god!!

Big, he was the lead guitar and singer of Dire Straits, composer of film music like "the Princess Bride", "local hero", "las exit to brooklyn"... and of course, jewels like "sultans of swing", "brothers in arms"....

16. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

17. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Well the guy is understandably irritated because western scholars usually describe his faith in dismissive tone. You could imagine their behaviour towards "aboriginee`s cults" when they land in Australia say. They behave similarly to non-western christianity as well. The author is not implying that they are naturally stupid, but that they are obstinate in their "superiority complex" and thus become stupid by not wishing to insight from within what they are supposed to be studying.

Of course, it is a natural disposition of man to see his own environment as superior to other. But while most cultures stay in their own lands and happy coexistance is possible, the western (protestant, materialistic and catholic) frameworks have embarked on expansion into "the spiritual desert" (for them).
    Be sure that this annoys to great extent all the "aborigenees". In fact this and nothing else is the root of modern-day rise of islamic terrorism.

As for the actual text - it is an answer to a protestant attack on one Patriarch from XVI cent who they try to portray as being Calvinist. The use of words might be a bit harsher because it was not intended for westerners (they are not going to pay attention to it anyway - as I said, dialogue is impossible due to their problem of always expansive superiority) but for home audience.
    If you want to read it (if only for food to spit more shit) this is the article.

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  18. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Right let me say this first, I admit that us westerners tend to be a little condescending towards foreign, exotic things, and I'm sure you are correct in stating that this has pissed off countless people. But with regards to islamist extremism, I categorically REFUSE to accept that the whole mess is our fault! If you want to blame anyone for that, blame it on islam. One needs to look no further than the violent riots caused by the false reports on the Koran desecration that allegedly took place in Guantanamo to see what a bunch of irresponsible, childish, self-satisified and hateful cockroaches we're dealing with here. An unconfirmed story about someone placing a book near a toilet was justification for these people to start rioting violently and killing a whole bunch of people in the process! As I see it, even if the story had been true, that would have absolutely not justified such childish behavior. Ironically our governments did nothing to condemn the burning of American flags and chantings of "Death to USA" by upset Muslims that took place outside the US embassy in London.
    Sorry, went off on a tangent here. But anyway, the point is this, as many faults as we may have, we are NOT responsible for other people's behavior.

1 person likes this.
  19. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I dont see the reason the end of the article ("Commons") to be so optimistic. In fact it is quite scary for me. I dont see communism as an end in its own means. For me it is a system that would honour human dignity. (and that is why it would work only for humans who have dignity :)) I believe commonal is necessary to provide framework for the growth of the individiual not vice versa.

What they are prognosing (the article is quite sound in its sociological analysis! but prognoses are a bit extreme) is the person becoming a servant to the global corporation without name, rather than to the industrialist as in modern economics (the corporation with a name). I dont see how this is better?

They speak of cooperation but this cooperation is forced because otherwise you are excluded to a lower class by the society. I notice this in the UK.

20. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I could argue you are responsible for the spirit of relations. Their reactions (and yours as well) are directly shaped by the established spirit. (So is the tone of my writting too.)

A different spirit IS possible - indeed there are places where it exists. There muslims wouldnt even perceive "something" as intent for insult, but rather as a foolish/funny mistake that they could help be corrected.

But do not narrow. It is many cultures that are affected - practically all the "developing countries" - the muslims are simply the one that have reacted most violently so they take the TV time.

I liked the following excerpt from the article:
    although the authors are using it in a more limited, economic, context. (that is, they still believe that the western model is what other societies in the end want to be like)

PS: Nor there is point in "blaming". There is point in changing ones behaviour.