vote scenario for organisators

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Jul 25, 2002.

?

Whom to give blue pen @TA?

Poll closed Aug 9, 2002.
  1. -FLA--

22 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. GROBAR, Nikola Venkov

17 vote(s)
    21.0%
  3. THOMBA, OG Blautal

21 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. NICAEE

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  5. none of them

22 vote(s)
    27.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i have a cat.

my cat's name is zvonimir.

zvonimir likes hunting little animals.

thats why i think you should vote on me! :deal:

2. -nicae-

cc exec.
    well if i was desperatly interested in the role, i would have emailed, private messaged, posted, and done all sorts of things to get an answer ;-)

applying still wouldnt be so bad.. but poll is too far ahead. too late for that.
    but ill just put my name in there and see what happens :)
    pls, those who vote on me, make sure you vote on at least one other too ;-)

btw - did i ever mention i have more fun in the FH paper work than in the arena? dunno.. funny, funny!

3. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

I vote Gro because when all others are losing their heads and running around in a panic he's like the rock in a storm.

He never loses his temper (Which is difficult when you have pilots like nicaee, maz and me in our squad who just do their thing :)

Always takes the time to explain and to teach others what he knows.

And above all he has age and experience on his side (Hi Grandad, oops sorry thats Beerme)

Moolin (The artiste formally known as Malino)

:dura:

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

As I said in my email to exec I cannot apply for a permanent position. I have enough problems commanding my squad and ruling my RL (mainly!). But in a month-two I`ll have time to conduct several scenarios for which I have desings since long ago. + I have ideas on the general organization of scenarios - as the older freehosters know I`ve done 2 scenarios so I`m pretty aware of the problems which arise when you have to deal with 100 unpatient people - so I have devised 2-3 procedure improvements I`d like to test.

illo, mal - thank you for the kind words! :rose:

Exec, from your words I see this is not coordinated with ivan. As you know he is the main bottleneck for any special events. The people we choose here will have to work with him (to setup arena, etc) and if he is as busy as usual how could we have frequent scenarios?

Yes, the more the scenario designers - the better. One man cannot invent infinite number of scenarios, nor could he devote continiously on this. But if several people - they can alternate + have different ideas.

Besides it is good on the Day to have a back-up scenario commander in case e.g. guy No1 has inet failure or electricity cut.

Currently there are 4 people quite close on the votes. I`d suggest to elect all of them. :)

Since now we have permanent TA, the pilots given moderator rights there could conduct small events - ones not needing ivan`s help - practically every day. Having several moderators will help this too.

5. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

PS: Exec, what about russians not reading international forum?

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

grobar, you said exactly what i mean.
    1.having names of events organisators, i will ask administration to grant superuser rights to them.
    2.arena settings are hard question, so i hope folks will find way hot to make scenarios wihout changing them.
    3.after successful experience of such experiment i will share idea with russian-speaking part of community, because... i cannot say precisely. looks like i'm the only who represent organisational requests from international community, while there are lot of the ones who maintain russian-speaking part. i hope i mistake. also, zig from 72AG already has such rights, so the first step is already made by russian-speakers. probably my thoughts developed this way.

7. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

ahhh...

How sweet is the struggle for the power...
    Makes me feel confident in mankind...
    and expect some slaughtery in the skys... :p

8. MEDAL

MEDAL New Member

diferent question

so if some of u wins one or more when the scenario is goin to hapen ?
    do we all have to wait fev weeks ?
    could u give an exemple of scenarios u just did or plan just the name or the historic time and area arena or something else
    will the scenario for :
    a- 1 h
    b- fev h
    c- 1 day
    d- whole tod or just part

i`m just curius
    ignore that msg if u want
    i`ve just wanted to add something from me
    :flyer: MEDAL :flyer:
    :flyer: :turret: :rose:

9. -nicae-

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Why not the answer to the poll:

"Any of them, they're all damn good as leaders" :super:

Whips and kisses for all :D :rose:

11. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

huh?? :zzz:

12. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Too bad Gmac didn't apply...
    :(

greetz, Zembla

13. -nicae-

imho these people will be the "admins", setting up the fields, suspending flight operations, etc. while other people, like gmac for example, could create, lead and organize the scenarios.

14. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

hmmmm
    good idea
    :zzz:

15. diedie

diedie New Member

I think gahris would do the best, because he is always online

16. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you grobar. More than one organizer should be elect so we don't lose the event because one person had this or that problem. After all, we all have a real life and real problems to take care of :)

I didn't jump in just to get anything else than "more responsabilities". By the way, I didn't even know we were going to get admin rights.

In case I don't make it, I do work with the internet for a living so if any of you need help on designing pages for the events, handling databases, need a forum to be setup, chat, etc., I have my own domain and can host it though I can't afford to mirror large files because of bandwidth limitations on my contract. Anyhow, let me know if I can be helpful :)

My ICQ is 1922138. I run Trillian so you can reach me through AIM, Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger as well. Screen-names differ from one to another so contact me if you use one of these.

Best regards,

17. fuhrer

fuhrer Well-Known Member

Really a shame that he didn't apply though he told me he has been very busy with his personal affairs and hasn't even flown much lately, much less spend time organizing this sort of events, I believe.

But undoubtly, he can be a great addition to the "Special Events Crew" proposed by grobar :)

18. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

I don't think any of us thinks about doing the alone. We would surely need a small "crew" to pull the things off and a larger group of people with scenario ideas. IMO that's the whole thing in this comunity, team work.

19. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Theres being online and there's organising things online, I'm online all the time, but I'm useless at running raids. On the other hand I've seen both Fla and Thomba come online and organise 60 pilots into a single raid with no hassle.

That to me decides who I'd vote for.

Malino

:@prayer: "Vote Grobar for President!" :@prayer:

20. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Me again, I do however agree with Fla, a team of organisers probably for the best, that way things should run smoother.

Malino

:@prayer: "Vote Grobar for Prom Queen" :@prayer: