Ya we win the 2012 bid and Jeremy Clarksons car sucks

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Malino, Jul 6, 2005.

1. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

perdomo, i never thought i would say this, but your car is :super:

but your coffeepot much :D

1 person likes this.
  2. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

Hey biggie, thanks, but... what does "but your coffeepot much" means?

P.S.: wait.... coffeepot.... cafetera.... la moto? es eso? jejeje :super:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  3. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

harley: cafetera
    japos: molinillos
    ducati: tractores

:D

4. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

No, the SAAB is NOT photoshoped in any way, it's just a bad picture.
    It's my car, rescued from Norrland a few years back.

Its NOT a SAAB 47, Its called SAAB 96. Model year 1967, so small windscreen, first real modelyear with 1,5 liter V4 engine. Ford V4 engine with some changes.
    Earlier cars had "Shortnose" and 2 stroker, late 2 strokers have "Longnose". The V4 almost falls in place, its quite tight :)

The "Dustbuster" Pontiac left in pic is our "familycar", and I really hate to say this, but it's really good. 3.8l V6, 7 seats, 4 speed automatic, nice car.

5. Perdomo

LOOOOOOL

6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

WHAAAAT? You think Ducatis are tractors? I think you bought a Harley, but I'd say Harlies are tractors :p

Italian bikes are so beautiful! This is what I want to buy now:

http://www.betamotor.com/media/enduro/motard40_foto1.jpg

My old 1987 Beta is a work of art -- lots of beautiful titanium and alloy pieces made with love (of course, I can't easily find replacement parts for it, but I don't care :shuffle:

As for Japanese bikes, I've had Hondas, Suzis and still have an old Yamaha. They work well, but they don't really have soul, IMHO. My last Suzuki was stolen, and it was a great bike, but the small details were missing. Mass production meant it worked great, but details like sloppy welds, etc., always made me depressed...

7. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

........dudes, you so dont understand................

HEADLIGHT WHIPERS!........as if lights cant shine with water on them.......YAY! GO EUROPE!

8. Perdomo

LOL, that one was good, made me laugh, I totally agree with you on that one Allsop

9. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

They can't really shine with a lots of insects on them though... dead reindeer body parts aren't transparent either.

10. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

True about the reindeer parts, and the prOblom isn't water allsop.
    Have you ever seen a dirtroad?
    Do the yanks use salt on roads in the winter?

They do so here, and that makes a mess, half-fluid half-frozen guck really clogs up headligths.

Your understanding to why headlight wipers are mounted is like:

why do you use antifreeze in the engine, duh?
    the water gets hot anyway... :p

11. Perdomo

hmmm... right, I hadn't thought of that, guess here in Spain there's not such problem with snow... however, when I lived in the Alps, there was a lot of snow, and they used salt, and I didn't experience that problem with my lights.... (only two winters there) .... maybe only in countries as cold as sweden is that "half-fluid half-frozen guck" a real problem? :dunno:

12. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

Uncles, :fly2: :super:

how many HP and torque?

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Ive always thought the wipers on headlights thing was a bit crazy. Ive never seen my lights THAT dirty that the light wont shine through.

The newest thing I have heard of in cars (the Ford Focus I believe) is headlights that turn in the direction you are going. Thats what I call practical :)

14. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

There still is a problem of mud on the lights. Well you can always stop your chevy, get out and clean the lights after going through a mudhole, but somehow I prefer to have wipers. I don't know why, I must be crazy %)

15. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Citroen already did that in the '60s.

16. Perdomo

Fucketeer is right (Fuck! am I really saying that? :D ), and I think that modern C5 or C4 was the first to re-introduce that...

P.S.: btw, I have tried it, and didn't really liked it....

17. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Headlight that swerves with car is not new,
    the Tucker Torpedo had it.
    Also some other french 50's car, don't remember which, it's now extinct.

18. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Yep, but it's nice if your headlights actually show something. I'd prefer not to stop every once and awhile to clean the lights.

@perd: It's not the snow, it's the dirt that rises from the road if you're driving behind someone. Usually happens right after the rain f.e.

19. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Headlights that move with the wheel has been a concept from way back. Even into the 40's or 50's I think, but its always been found impracticle.

Like others have said- You rarely see enough mud/dirt/dust cached onto a car to the point where the headlights are not visible....especially one new enough to have the whipers...after all, its a Volvo, not an off road truck.

I have always said I am not very opinionated on car makers, they all have had ups and downs with a few good modles and alot of bad ones. But there are certain makers "such as volvo" That I will never agree with, I also cant come to grips with suburu. Mazda has always been really iffy with me. Nissan, "what are they thinking!?".

But when you start loving your Saab's and other cars just please think things all the way through. I never try saying classic cars are the best flat out. There are things you dont get in them "without putting them in yourself" like power windows. And power steering is usually found on latter modle cars. You usually dont have a stereo till you put one in. But for those discomforts, think of all the better parts.

Example- Most foreighn car makers cars are so expensive to work on because they have hard to work on hard to find parts. Usually taking weeks to order from the factory. But then something as simple as the oil filter is a pain in the ass to change. See, on your high end front wheel drive cars they dont care about how easy it is for people to work on them. Computers build the cars- who cares what humans can do? To get to the oil filter, you must often put your hand down past the exhaust manifold and pull it out from a very tight spot. This is a problom because space is small, the filter is hot, and the manifold is schorching hot unless you give it a couple hours to cool down. While the oil filter on a classic is free floating on either side of the engine block 90% of the time.

The only reason I use this example is because oil changes and tune ups are the most common thing done to most cars.

20. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

If you've driven car, which you've obviously not have done, you might see dirt coming to your windshield. Ok, then you use wipers, right? What makes you think that headlights doesn't gather the same amount of dirt that windshield does? Would you drive f.e.300 km's with windshield that you can't see trough?

@allsop: Have you ever driven a car at night time?