F6F5

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Feb 18, 2003.

1. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

here is some important info on the U.S. navy's best fighter of WWII:

http://www.flightjournal.com/plane_profiles/hellcat/hellcat_history.asp

"Spring tabs were added to the ailerons to reduce control forces, and this proved helpful in air-to-air combat. At slow speeds, the Zeke was still more maneuverable, but at high speeds the Hellcat was a good match. It was faster than the Zeke at all altitudes, and could outclimb it above10,000 feet. "

very interesting. i would aslo like to say the f6f3 and 5 both have very sloppy handling at any speeds. almost as if the mechnic left too much slack in the control cables. this plane should be more responsive then this current setting. it was after all made to kill zeros. and could turn with it intially, but could not in a sustained turn.

2. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Now that's a good point. It's really a sluggish beast here, though it's almost as heavy as P-47, so maybe that control-lag simulates that heavy weight.

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

That site has some very interesting info on planes and seems to be quite informed.

I agree with your point.....if only to add credence to my post in your other thread bizerk :D

-glas-

4. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

YEAH! Make red planes manouver as in RL ,not like whatever.
    Somehow it seems that admins don't pay attention enuff imho.
    This not a whine ,I fly red and fly what i can get ...

Spit II 's difference in Spit I is truely marginal :(

I think that most eager 'betatesters' and coders are all GOLD.
    Allthough ,in what measures would the whining and flaming here get if red planes get updates more than golden boys and girls.

5. hemuli

hemuli Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah right...

6. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

>I think that most eager 'betatesters' and coders are all GOLD.

You don't know shit, Jacobe.

7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

You also failed to highlight the inefficiences in Axis planes mentioned in that site.

Also before making comments without foundation, remember the guy at the top flies red exclusively in the Arena, as does his squad. Somehow i get the feeling if the under-modelling the reds insist is actually present, something would have been done long before now.

-glas-

8. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Thnx HO-hun ,thnx for support,thnx for info.Pls post more often those beatiful arrangements of words you are capable of. SALUTE! Did I offended you/anyone on that post Ho-Hun?? You maybe? Glad you know everything here.

My intention wasn't to poke mean axis's ant-nest to get another red/gold flaming morons wake up..Just to tell how things seem to be in my point of view.And if as I think it is ...the aim of developers here is to get FH WB as near to reality as possible in performance of planes...it's ok ..Many axis planes were better in performance no prob.

Just need to find data for Allied machinery (...and when find some ,it's unreliabe info)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2003
  9. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi jacobe,

i am not the one to argue about any plane's performance-modelling here... indeed have i never heard about flaps and slats before i had the chance to find warbird.

just for giving my impression as someone, whose favourite colour is gold mostly because it was a gold plane, i started with and i am still struggling hard to handle this one kind of prop-beast:
    how do you call it when someone gives his point of view many times in a row just to give his point of view? don't understand me wrong, but it sounds a bit like constant complaining without more evidence. even if you state every time that you don't want that, you do it.
    it is not my duty to answer for ho-hun, but i would have a clear one, if i were him...

i adressed my post to you, but it is indeed also to some others of any colour. i am interested in physics of prop-planes (since i am "flying" them :) ), so i check pretty often the links, which are presented here.
    i see most of them without any reliable sources or without naming the sources. to keep on topic: there is no sources named in the article, which has been linked by bizerk! the main problem with the internet is, that it is really hard to get reliable information. anyone can build a site and if he's clever enough, he can even give sources for his information: a surfer hardly will check it. to print a book is expensive, it is in your hand, it can be given to court. websites have a lot less responsibility.
    anyway, this really interesting page about the hellcat offers no sources or, at least, well hidden.
    i myself am too lazy to check reliabilities, but what i have seen here about the technical ressources presented by developers/ testers seem to me very trustworthy!

for both sides, the only-reds and only-golds, i haven't seen very often anyone posting about some overmodeling of own planes...

i wouldn't mind, if the planes were mixed independend to their national origin in the game (190 for gold, 109 for red, yak for gold, la for red...), my gunsight is white. and i really can't think of any reason, that could make the developers/testers model the planes to one side's advantage. can you? :confused:

maybe mistakes were made, and i think the engagement of most pilots here is remarkable, but with a hundred pilots having read something here or there... there is certainly a high proof for the reliability of sources needed, when a change is demanded!

just to tell my point of view... :flyer: (kill me in arena for it :) )

10. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

>Thnx HO-hun ,thnx for support,thnx for info.

If you don't need info to flame the Freehost team, you've got to learn to live without info.

11. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Hmmm... Then HOW those planes did manoeuvre? Any ideas? Developers, as far as I know, are basing on the following parameters:

1. Wing load (Mass/Wing area);
    2. Power load (Mass/Engine power);
    3. Lateral control effectiveness;
    4. Flaps/Slats availability and effectiveness;
    5. Drag factor.
    6. Center of mass to center of pressure disposition.

I see nothing of the above in you message. What's the point of your post then?!

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Jacobe, take it easy. No sources, no attention.

HoHun, take it easy. No sources, no attention.

Bizerk. pls check http://vedma.papatramp.com/Monografii/F6f_action/
    And dig that site, in general.

Also, visit
    http://mitglied.lycos.de/luftwaffe1/aircraft/navy/
    http://www.history.navy.mil/branches/hist-ac/fighter.htm

Once I have seen a sexy garbage of piquant information about planes at http://www.il2center.com/
    But I cannot find it again there.

I haven't read any of them.
    I just want you to study the plane carefully, and I want you to base on several sources, rather than only 1.

13. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Argh jacobe, don't start this again...

you are ignoring the past... when it was the other way around, it comes and goes... and as long as you feel good with it you like to blame the planes for being shot down...

Please look into the past of FH before starting something like this... I'm really really close to ingoring you, because every time you start a whine, 'n I haven't ever seen any real info to back your arguments... BTW, plz stop attacking people, rather attack numbers, don't attack people

:help: :(

greetze, Zembla

14. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Hellcat IS more maneuverable than zero at high speed, ANY plane is! Bizerk and other red whiners fly a tod in gold and if you make any better in axis planes (and you won't, you would only whine about too uber red planes for a change) then return here and post your bullshit again.

15. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

Umm... at high speeds also the P47 is more maneuverable than the A6M!!

16. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

haaaa of course :flyer:

17. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Am I flaming FH team?? Huh ,wake wake wakeee :dura: Another constructive post :(

Great , I'm also attacking people here ... :( ,get real lol ,bad conscience maybe ?

Constructive ,very constructive :zzz: What exaclty was the 'bullshit' ? where's the whining here??

Many talented diplomats here :D I guess this kind of discussions are IMPOSSIBLE to have here..Just getting personal insults and fighting. . :eek: :eek: :zzz:

AS I said I fly red (and gold :D )and as red I FLY WITH WHAT I GET!!! AND I'M HAPPY WITH IT!!

Hang Loose!

Can you point out individuals here? :mafia:

18. hemuli

hemuli Well-Known Member

Whenever I get frustrated by the porked GOLD planes I fly a few sorties as RED. The killin´is easy and survival too. Once I took up in a SPIT IX and after about a gazillion kill sortie the ch100 was filled with "cheater, cheater, cheater" messages. Of course they were spelled wrong but you might get my point. After the quake fix it´s nice to change to the challenging side again.

Väinö Pokela said: "The LaGG3 was very easy to shoot down in a Brewster. It was slower than us and clumbsy." In FH the LaGG3 has power to fight the 109F horisontally, oh brother...porked my A$$! :p

hemuli

19. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

>Am I flaming FH team??

You are.

Provide any useful and specific information on where "red planes don't manouver as in RL" and you'll be listened to.

Go on flaming that "red planes don't manouver as in RL" with no proof to back it up, and you'll end up on my ignore list.

20. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

lol man i post to have the f6f straightened out and all i hear from developers is proof proof proof. i have posted a million links, gave specs and info from my personal library. all the sources i gave speak of similar handling and capability of the aircraft i am talking about. i am not saying it is impossible to kill with the way you have these planes modelled currently. i find it funny that the hellcat handles worse then alot of bombers and transport planes. the hellcat was made to kill zekes. the current setting you have leaves the plane at all speeds handling to sloppy. like i stated before the hellcat controls are to sloppy almost as if the mechanic forgot to tighten the cables to thier proper tension. he left to much damn slack!! i take any other plane up and my stick response is very nice. i take hellpussy up now, and the stick imputs are way to wide/sloppy. that is not realistic.

and stec i have flown axis planes i am amazed. i would love to have 109f's and g's, ki-61's,84's,43's, 202's etc. i like them very much i do like that the109's loose manuverability as the armament and engines got progresively bigger and heavier. a big wtg thier guys.

i have no problem with the modelling of spitfire well maybe spit14. but i really dislike the hellcat the way it is modelled here. it isn't the hellcat especially with the handlingas stated. the p-38 is crap from what i have heard also. i can not really say on that plane because i never really flew it much. butfrom some veteran pilots here who know its history and its handling i would say it's definately wrong with this new setting/launcher version. i am not trying to start a verbal battle just stating my opinion and asking for those planes to be reinstated as they should be. not porked as now.