New rule.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by rgreat, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Good point! It almost worked for them as well ;)

-glas-

2. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    I especialy like that part :D :mafia:

3. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@Roland

Good point- I remember landing a 10x20; 15x12 and 100x7 shot Zeke on one wheel... shoul such a wreck (one aileron left only) be counted as a fullworthy plane as soon as i exit it :D

BTW- from my observation, there're many pilots bellylanding even undamaged planes on fields which are not under attack... shouldn't they be discouraged from doing so? (for example by counting belly-landings as ditches and not landings).

4. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

weee! now how will we escape from vulchers greedy hands then? i won't risk to be shot while landing on wheels, cause "landing" without them is way more faster.

5. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

I use belly landing alot (faster), but I would completely suport a change in rules where belly landing (even on runways) shouldn't be considered a worthy plane.

It's your choice really, land with gear and take longer or belly land in a hurry to avoid getting killed and lose a plane. :)

6. thefox

thefox Well-Known Member

I have a question for rgreat....

What if our squad has a mission planned with certain aircraft in mind, say the 109E4 and we have 13 members onboard?? I don't like the prospects of that at all with a limit of 10. Take off from another field?

What if, as it seems more often now...that we are outnumbered by the Reds and have lost all but 2 fields, leaving one to take off from safely? Will we be denied aircraft??? :confused:

7. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i can answer for both questions - yes;

imho the first one is not that bad - itake off from two fields and randezvous somewhere before the fight (looks like real action after all);
    the second is tragedy - there were already situations when no aicraft was available from cv (even ju52 :D);

btw.. before reset there are usually big and med fields to take right? how about increase plane limit at mediums to 15 and to 20 at big fields?
    imho makes sense and gives a fair chance just before reset;

8. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

yeah,spuints idea is good. But i think 3 minutes per plane is too short. What about giving 15 planes,but 5 minutes? Yesterday I saw gold hordes rolling from f23 to f6... they were falling one by one, and there still were new 109s. Average flight time of them was about 4 minutes - so much time was needed to flight to f6 and die :)

9. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

theres one more thing - if all planes are temporarily taken then all planes that appears at field are in very difficult position
    rolling one by one makes no sense when field is attacked; only couple planes at the same time can fight higher cons; and this is impossible; mb give 3 planes every 5minutes?

10. thefox

thefox Well-Known Member

I can see this is getting worse and worse. Or shall I say....back to what we had from the start (no limit)? This is a great idea, but needs some work. We all fly here for fun, because games are fun. When they cease to be fun....we leave. It seems everyone has their own idea of what is fun. I can remember when flying in other sims...that there were separate arenas for those who wanted "reality flying" (if there is such a thing) and those who wanted the "arcade-shoot-em-up". This was a great setup...we had "fighter town" and we had the other arenas, such as "Pacific Map" and "European Map". There were limits to aircraft in the European theaters arena such as a total number of aircraft, namely the ME262. The problem arose though, where some people would change sides, and then crash all the aircraft. They soon had to start tracking people and banning left and right. That is why I say this is a great idea, but needs some working on. To me, having a limit to those who crash planes carelessly and go in with a death wish (like me) should be the ones who suffer. The problem this will create, is by critiquing flying skills and styles, and not everyone is skilled or has the same idea of flying style :p LOL :zzz:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2004
  11. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

I'm on "pro" side for this rule. If the field is being attacked, bombed to pieces and so on,then there's no reason for more than 10 planes to be availeable anyway. That's the point of attack. To prevent enemy to take off from the field and make the area clear for own side busses to come, right? Hell, maybe hmack numbers could be limited aswell?

airfax

ps. went to cruise with with wife and kids --> no :cheers: ,no :@drunk: ,no :UU: ....
    never make a cruise with family! :p

12. thefox

thefox Well-Known Member

Well, that's your point of an attack :p

My point would be to destroy so many of your planes you run out of them with the wonderful limit! :p
    And the busses? Why should you need more than one if all you need is 6 troops to capture? ;) Should have that limited to ONE per field!! That idea I like ;)

13. daedal

daedal Well-Known Member

Hey,

Why do you say that there are NO planes to fly? There ARE planes, a little bit outdated but still dangerous.

And the restrict time should be increased to 5-10 min because we have ridiculous situations that pilots wait in tower and click click click click click
    and whine, click click click and whine, click click and then yes hurraaahh I've got it! my preciousssss!! oh yes. ;-))

Greetings,
    Daedal

14. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

true
    or even better one: change between last fields and look for landing planes lol

15. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I havent even re-installed WB since my last format.

I think i'll stick with AH for now ;)

-glas-

16. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

If you crash a plane shortly after takeoff (or during) you end up with a restrict so this wouldn't be a problem.

Mal

17. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

instead of giving every field each three minutes one plane of every type, we can give every callsign a plane restriction:
    whenever you crash, you can't take this plane for 5 minutes from any field.

18. -ada--

-ada-- FH Beta Tester

I'm sure this will give brewing companies some extra money. ;)
    5 minutes is too big restrict. 1-2 minutes after every bail,ditch,pk would be much better. But that's too radical to be implemented, imho ;)

19. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

nice idea, but balance from red and gold planes avaiability is too big. When golds have only 190 (wich care only 2 rockets), 190 F8, 110 and 410 as heavy fighters (i don't count D3A and B5N as fighters or heavy..flying bricks is better), reds have, F6F, F4U, P51, P47, P38, Il2, Mossi and TBF and Pe2 as light bombers.

20. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

D3A is very maneuverable even in 1941, not talking about 1945.
    also, i cannot get why you count TBF as a light fighter.
    or if you count light bombers for reds, you should count light bombers for golds as well, and include IJN bombers. :dunno:
    and you keep silence about existing of folgore...