OT: Russians first on Mars?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Ziomek, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Ziomek

Ziomek Well-Known Member

2. mwolf

mwolf Well-Known Member

tnx for update us, but realy u think that even russians will be first, what if someone is already there :@drunk: , then it will be :UU: and they will crying for :help: and we will then have to :turret:
    but tnx :duel:

3. Ziomek

Ziomek Well-Known Member

maybe some aliens are already there.i :dunno: . Probably they would :UU: some ppl on mars :rolleyes:

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Would the program only be financed by the olygarchs or the ship will become their property?

5. thefox

thefox Well-Known Member

Who knows? I havn't see any Russian speaking people on the Enterprise lol

6. cloud--

cloud-- Well-Known Member

Im curious has the Russians or any other country besides the US :rolleyes: even been to the moon yet?

7. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Yup actually they have :) Believe China managed to send a robot or something recently, or was it Japan? Ah well, the only manned mission to the moon besides the US were the Soyuz missions of the Russians...

Though... i'm not sure... don't hang me if I'm wrong

<Z>

8. cloud--

cloud-- Well-Known Member

I was curious because I heard that when the Russians tryed to go all of the crew men got some kind of radiation sickness and had to abort the mission.

I have no idea how accurate this info is.

The thing is that some people are saying that the US mission to the moon was staged. And it kind of makes since because the US did their mission in the 60's right? And I thought that it was kind of wierd that no other country in the world has been to the moon yet besides the US. Even with todays technology.

I know its possible to send robots to outer space but what about humans. Im still meaning to look this up but is it true that the earth has a radiation belt around it? And the only way for humans to pass through it would be if they wore lead suits?

Again i dont know how accurate this info is. Its just things I hear.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  9. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Yes - the macedonians!
    When the americans landed on the moon they met the locals. The locals said:
    no youre not the first - some months ago there landed another ship and there was banging noise from it and some voices - "mamata - bravata! mamata - bravata! mamata - bravata!". And then they took off back to earth.

(loosely translated - "you mother fucking keylock!")

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  10. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

initially there was a russian program for going to the moon (in the 60s that is) but they decided it is too expensive, and the economy wont take it. decided to concentrate research on orbital stations instead.
    Noone ever beside americans tried sending people.

It is true that orbital operations are shielded from the sollar and the stellar wind by earths magnetic field. However I think can be build well-protected spacecraft for going outside. The radiation Appollo austronauts received was measured - you can find the studies on the net.

11. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

A mission to Mars is a hell of a lot more difficult than a mission to the moon. When you fly to the moon, you're still inside the earth's gravitational and electromagnetic field. For true interplanetary travel, you have to make sure the craft is properly shielded against EM and ionising radiation.

That's not a really big deal, though. We've been sending unmanned probes as far as jupiter and saturn ever since the 1970's, and in many ways unmanned probes are a lot more vulnerable to radiation than people.

The big difficulty is building a rocket large enough to "accomodate" a vehicle that can get to Mars and take off again. Don't forget, in order to retrun to Earth you have to take off from Mars and Mars' gravitational pull is a hell of lot larger than the moon's. The system the USA used to land on the moon simply wouldn't get airborne again after landing. You'd need a lot more power and fuel, like a Russian Proton or something.

How big would a rocket that carries a Proton-rocket as a LANDING CRAFT be?!?!?!?That's a HUGE rocket, guys. Proton weighs about 691,500 kgs, 22,000 kg's of that is payload (3.1 %). That would mean that a rocket capable of lifting such a proton-rocket would weigh about 223064 TONS! Impossible!

So for a mission to Mars to succeed you'd have to build an interplanetary vehicle - large enough to carry the lander - in the earth's orbit rather then on the surface. Then, the lander must be built in orbit as well (since they're to big to carry up there in one piece) and be attached to the IPV (InterPlanetary Vehicle). That's a hell of an undertaking, people!

12. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

In the first 1900 peaple got in a new age, the optimism age, where all was thinking that sciences will give solution to all the problems. The big humanity problem is that peaple still believe in those bullshits.
    I sincerely hate space missions, we don't even know our world problems and humanity is already trying to interfere with other planets with the cost of useless expensive equipment and the launch of rockets that pollute as well as we couldn't do all together during all our life.
    Humanity is starved of innovation, of new hopes for the future and forget that if we keep on this way the life will be indefensible in only some decades.
    I sincerely don't give a cent to know that on mars was the water and to check his surface trow immages taken from a little robot wich costed more than what's needed to feed entire populations.
    I would prefer to see those money invested to stop airbus where only one burn 200 tons of fuel every day and that's only a little example on how much stupid humans are.

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ Flankr: IMO your right, the USA never actually went to the moon. There were too many discrepancies in the pictures taken for all of them to be coincidence. There are plenty of websites debunking NASAs claims (and websites debunking the debunkers, etc, etc.....)

A couple of things I remember,apart from the pics, was things like Buzz Aldrin breaking down and being unable to answer any questions about it, Yuri Gargaran parachuted through the atmosphere when he went up because they knew of the dangers of radiation, amongst other things.

Also I wonder, in this day and age when a satellite can pinpoint an individual on earth, that they cant turn a satellite towards the moon and take a pic of the flag (which shouldnt have been fluttering ;) ) or some of the debris left behind. Im sure someone somewhere has a note of the co-ordinates.....

-glas-

14. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Looking through the earth's atmosphere & it's distortions, the best image resolution one can reliably get is one arcsecond. The lowest flying spacecraft are in orbit at about 300km - at this distance 1 arcsecond is 145cm, roughly the size of an average person. I would expect that individual people are photographable from space, but quite confident that no individual is recognizable, except for maybe a guess at their race (assuming they are naked & it is not michael jackson). Now turn to the moon, about 300,000km distant (1000x more), so a 1 arcseond detail would be about 1.45km, but no atmosphere to look through so the resolution possibilities are nearly infinite (so long as you are looking at short enough wavelangths of light). Assuming the size of the flag is about 1.45m (for the sake of easier maths - now need 0.001 arcsecond resoltion to spot flag) & knowing a telescope of 0.1m diameter gets 1 arcsecnd resoltion under perfect conditions (like those in space) & the telescope resolution scales with the diameter of the telescope (i.e. twice as big = 2x resolution), we can say it would take a telescope of a size quite a bit larger than hubble (2.4m diameter) to spot the flag on the moon. Hubble being the largest space telescope yet built, this is why you cant spot the flag.....That being said, i dont believe anything the US government says either

15. bazura

bazura Well-Known Member

Some anti-hoax links:

http://spider.ipac.caltech.edu/staff/waw/mad/mad19.html

http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

The official link :) :

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm

I think the critical hardware for the mission was the rocket. The russians had the spacecraft, the lunar module, the lunar suits, etc... but failed to develop a suitable rocket. All its launchings failed in a few seconds. The american Saturn V took off many times without problems, I guess we don't discuss that.

Once they had the rocket I think its credible they went to the moon.

About the russian N1 rocket. You can see the types blow up:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/g/h/ghb1/n1/n1synth.htm

greetings

16. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Beautiful words Odi! A agree completely. :cheers:

17. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

18. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

lol, buran

it means "hick" or "hillybilly" in czech :D

19. beerme

beerme Well-Known Member

If people landed on mars wouln't THEY be the aliens? The martians would be native to mars.
    What about Pavel Chekov?

:cheers:

20. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Why is your poison always concentrated on science? If you dont want to help - noone is forcing you.

Why dont you shout against the production of Coca-Cola instead? or Lord of the Rings movie? or the football leagues? If you redirect the billions spent on sports business you may feed the population too.

There are only two undertakings that make humanity worth existing!
    Without them, there is no point that we ever stepped down from the trees!

Theyre
    pursuing the inner - art
    and
    pursuing the outer - science

I dont know what is your profession but 90% of people make themselves busy with bulshit. Many have no physical opportunity in their life to grow to that understanding, but it is pity for those who have it, yet dont.