The Guitar Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Jacobe, Jul 26, 2005.

1. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Here my first sample. It is basic with some minor flubs but was a test really to see how the recording sounded. Oh and thanks for the tips on converters in the other thread but I used musicmatch :) worked pretty decent really :) anyhow let me here what you think.

http://h1.ripway.com/Bullet/bullet.mp3

bull

2. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Thought you're gonna come up with some serious metal shredding, but you surprised me! :) That sure is a nice, tasty playing there. Is it a direct into the soundcard sound? Lotsa treble.

3. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

No I use a program called Guitar tracks pro (32 virtual tracks, depends on how good a cpu you have) and i now run my guitar through an audio interface called Link.usb. before i used to try and record straight into the computer but no matter what I did it sounded like a transistor radio. real tinny treble sounding with no body what so ever. But this is a marked improvement for sound quality. the song I posted was something I mess around with from time to time. Basically just the rythym but I wanted to hear 2 tracks so I threw a Solo in with it. I'm glad I surprised you. but the Hard rock is in the near future along with many other styles and types of music that I love. I'll keep you posted :) and thanks for the nice remark <S>

bull

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  4. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Scofield is loud, hard and his playing has a sense of humour. Lots of big intervals and weird, explosive triads. Lots of blues and funk!

Stern is cool headed yet lyrical, a single line master. More standard-ish comping with full sounding, tasty chords. Often bluesy.

Martino is innovative, often pushing the limits. Easily switches to a very clean bob-style.

Metheny eats and drinks melody. Very recognizable latin-influenced behind-the-beat approach. And even more melody.

What's your opinion?

5. maneyac

maneyac Member

:super: 8.5 has good sound i really like the rif so does everyone i share it with keep it up :super:

6. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Thanks Maney :) give me some time that short song took me 15 minutes. To do a real song will take some time and I really haven't had much of it lately. Funny thing is I had all sorts of idea's for songs. but now I feel uninspired for some strange odd reason. But it never really lasts that long.

@fucketeer I can only really comment on Methany. I seen him on a show called Austin City Limits. and all i can say is I wasn't really impressed. But in time I'll probably hear more. Here in Buffalo prior to the internet and Satellite radio. We were very limited on music styles and stations that just playthe same old same old stuff. But now it is much better. <S>

7. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Ill try to post MP3 of an orig. piece Im working on as I figure out CakewalkHStudio. Levels were too high so its a bit distorted. But the bass gets me off :)
    http://h1.ripway.com/liamcuda/condemned.mp3
    This is guitar thread so next MP3 is me on lead, very sloppi I know...But Im a bass player and those frets on 6string are so damned small and close together :)
    http://h1.ripway.com/liamcuda/lead1.mp3
    Holy crap that ripway thing actually worked!!! Thx Bullet-And real good playing too mate!!. I did not know you played so well :) Great stuff all! :cheers: cool cool cool :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  8. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

@ bullet :@prayer: you are the master bud, just keep going, I want to hear more from you.
    :super:

9. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Cool, glad ripway worked for you bud but I got the idea from jacobe, so he deserves some of the credit :). and your song sounds good to me. A very good paced driving rythym. and your bass playing reminds me of Steve Harris from old Iron Maiden days (where eagles dare) <S> bro :) and your guitar playing is decent too :) hope to see you in the virtual skies soon. :)

@ron thanks bro, master well i'm still a bit far off, but i'll say i'm rehersed a bit. I have been playing since 87. I'll say within the last 10 years I can hold a tune decent and for solo's within the last 7-8 years I have gotten better. I let you guys hear more as I progress :). I am pretty much self taught. I can't read a bit of music but i have been told I have a great ear and can pick things up somewhat quickly. Anyhow see you guys up <S>

bullet

10. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Cool, busy bass playing there, By-Tor! So that's the famous Precision in your hands. :)
    I liked it.

Anyway. Take a hand made reggae groove, grab a classical flutist (yes, a blonde one of course), and put 'em together. It took her 26 years to realize she's able to improvise. That's classical music education. Total crap. It's her first official improvisation, I think she's capable: http://h1.ripway.com/zenergia/Agnes-springreggae.mp3

And here's my version, (it's got a theme): http://h1.ripway.com/zenergia/SpringReggae.mp3

11. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

What type of electric strings do you guys all use? Right now I'm using GHS Boomers on my Les Paul, but I'm having a hard time keeping them in playable condition for an extended period (like, a month of really solid playability would be great...) Don't forget that I play in a hardcore band, so they get a little more punishment than normal.

And I don't think I want to pay $13 a pack for Elixirs, even though I know they'll last longer.

1 person likes this.
  12. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Roundwound sets go dead in a month (and the plain ones in a set of flats, too), so I go with the cheapest available, which is the Italian Galli here. You might check out Webstrings.

13. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Wow that's fucking cheap. Thanks a bunch, I think I'm gonna buy two or three sets and give 'em a shot.

14. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

:cheers: guys, nice playing

15. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

16. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

17. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I like it, two thumbs up :) how long you been playing? any schooling? You are quite acomplished with well rounded techniques. Keep em coming :) <S>

bullet

(now when will you return to yours past names/nicks as cu-pal or kut-ya. those are the ones I like to think of :) )

18. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Thanks, Biz! I have been playing for about 14 years now, pretty much a self taught (and that shows, lol).

I'm looking forward to listen to your new clip, too!

19. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Wow...

27-14 = 13 (I think)

The only thing I've consistently been doing since that age is wacca-wacca!

:@drunk:

20. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

That's exactly the same. :)