The Guitar Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Jacobe, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Me and my 12 year older drummer friend Kai Koski we're at Dahl training property, we're I spent 10 years :p ..jamming in jam,beer,grass, everything...

I introdused him one thing I composed kinda and here you can hear how he liked to play drums on that.. well... ...well... :)

2. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

3. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Nice tone with that gear.I got VOX too but just 5W ;) Btw, did you listen that Kai Koski drummer thingy? Please comment if so.

4. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Jac Not to shabby. I could see it in a cult classic SciFi movie, like a Blade runner or Logans Run. Drums are tight and commanding and your part (not sure if it was guitar or a synth), it reminded me of U2's Edge's style and that is not a bad thing. The song as a whole was technopop with funk & Jazz over tones. :)

5. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

6. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

My tribute song to Nu-Metal lamers who employ the one finger "smelly cat chord" originally pioneered by shredmistress phoebe on the show "Friends".

It was written, performed (with one finger), mixed, and mastered in 30 minutes on a pentium 200.

The vocals bring to life the angst of the new metalist's existence in his mom's basement. (vocal conten not safe for work.....if you can make out the words)

song

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  7. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Thanks for your nice vision sharing, made my day,hehee :).I even learned a new word of english! Shabby. ;)
    There is no guitar synth, just stereo delay timed to half-triplet according to 'songs' tempo.(Was it 1994 or 1997 :dunno: )That's like Pink Floyd fellas did for bass in the song 'One of these days I'm gonna cut you in the little pieces'. :eek: Have you heard that? It's deep and interesting at least for my concern..

8. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

That song is very BEATIFULL! wtg man! Can I politely ask you one thing.Would you mind if I play & record other part over that someday? Like melody?Won't publish that without your permission. :):@prayer:

PS.What soft u use to record stuff? I have Cool Edit 2.1 and it can convert all to mp3, not if I mind any big .wav's for these things...

9. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

wtg Cabron. :) Pure angst and rage with tongue on the cheek imo. :-D

10. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Best place I have found to "review" music software is the newsgroup "alt.binaries.sounds.utilities".

I've snared everything from the ancient midiquest to full on cracked versions of pro tools to plug-ins for any software suite.

I actually recorded the guitar part (with one finger) on a classical with nylon strings and applied some effects to make it sound as electric and distorted as possible.

Sure, a pointy 1980s kramer would have been better but the project demanded lameness.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  11. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Terve Jac, Thanks for the kind words on the song I made, and sure please add to it, kind of a long distance collaboration. :) I will be adding a riff to it sometime in the future. I used a AKG perception 120 Mic plugged into a TAPCO LINK.usb interface and recorded on Guitar Tracks pro Software by Cakewalk. I have been playing more guitar since our beloved Fh is in decline (sorry not meaning to insult, it's just the truth) Oh jac the word shabby can be taken in a bad way to but that was not my intention, I meant it like that aint bad in a good way :) Well gotta run bullet <S>

12. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Hey Cabron, that song of yours reminded one song my friend made few years ago, short rage stuff ;) The thing is how he made it.. He had a audio file where one man talks german, we don't speak german nor understand it exept, jawolh! and himmel! ;) ..well the had that speech and with his audio recorder, he turned it backwards, i.e. listened it from end to beginning.Then he started to imitate the sound how that sounded when listened backwards.After that he recorded his own voice imititang how that german stuff sounded backwards.Then he turned his own recording backwards, so it should sound german listened forwards or normally.Huh eh? :)

Here, 'This is my destiny' by Raymond Grayhound

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  13. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Speaking of german.....I'm working on a rammstien type song called "foaming pipe snake" in english with thick german accent.

It's about.....foaming pipe snake and a clogged sink.

14. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  15. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

This question you speak of...............I'm just not seeing it or I would have answered.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  16. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

17. seung_sahn

seung_sahn Banned

That's not blues. It's more like bossa nova with some overlapped noodling that's badly out of time.

And what about this one? Starving to death to save money for drugs?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  18. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

19. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

20. seung_sahn

seung_sahn Banned