u have a car?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by achtun, May 29, 2002.

?

What car u have?

1. A great one, up to 100 hp

24 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. My mom's car under 80 hp, not bad

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. A flintstones's car.. well.. actually older :D

15 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. I don't have a car

22 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Actually i don't drive

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

Lol let's check if u drive as well as u fly...

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

well, i don't have car, i only have a motorbike :super: . Maybe that's the reason why i fly 200% of my capabilities :joystick: (half wheels, double skill :D )

3. beerme

beerme Well-Known Member

Up to 100hp?? less than 100hp is a go-cart, isn't it? My truck is 235 hp my wifes 205hp.

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

well, i agree that 100hp ain't much, but 235... WOW, here in Europe, few cars have so much power, only BMW, Porsche or something like that (or so i know, pls correct me if i'm wrong :deal: )

Btw, my bike has 60hp :( and it reaches 200 km/h (130mph), my bro's car has 130 hp and reaches 220 km/h (145mph), and so on.... My bike "drinks" 5 litres/100 km (2gal/100 miles). What's the american statistics for such a power?

And, pls, let's not talk about design.... (Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz....) :super:

5. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

LOL beerme! dammn u americans :) u're machines are not in the poll...... we pay much more for the gas here, and cars are not that powerfull...

u have a truck??? explain that :)

i knew a guy who's father got a corvette from USA. over 300 hp in a up to 4000 cc car LOL in sapin cars are aroun 1.4 and 2.5 liters....

mine (i bought it 4 months ago with 13.000 km) is a TDI 1.9 90hp (they say it's actually a 105.. welll) Golf.. yeahhh wonderfull car! i goes to 200KM/h with a little effort, 180 without problems :flyer:

and it drives lovely ;DD

As broz says ate least in Spain only expensive and atract-gerls-like-honey-cars have 235 hp... in example the last VW Golf R34? is it the model name? MAN WHATTACAR!!!! 241 hp 6 shifts 19 inchs wheels!!! arf arf... :@prayer: let me catch my breath.....

Here in madrid we have a Cars exposition... i don't know the name.. u know all the emprises show their best cars with lovely gerls.... i saw there that golf, one ferrari maranello, one f40, Rolls Roices, lots of SEAT leon up to 200 hp, cadillacs, ahhhhh another car i love!!!

subaru imprezza WRX! arghhhhh whatta caarrrrr :DDDD incredible!

uhmmm amazing cars... but not as powerfull as there. AFAIK it's because of gas price.. in usa it's cheaper so cars "drink" much more.

Yeahh i love cars even more than WW2 planes ;)

6. RayV

RayV Well-Known Member

I have a bike too...a rocket... 164 hp.... >300 Km/h..... 0-100 km/h in 2.4sec (in only first gear!!! and got six!) and my girlfriends car is a go-cart :super: (Ford Fiesta 1.1 of 1992) :dunno:
    But he! why do i need a fast car? I't will never be faster then my bike :D

lavader.tripod.com

7. doggun

doggun Well-Known Member

Be careful

Be careful when a US-American uses the trem Horse Power

The Americans usually measure their engine performance in BHP (brake horse power), which is not so easly comparable to the West Europea term of HP (horse power = PS, Pferdestärken in German).
    (BTW the European car engines are measured in Watts since years).

Engine BHP is measured at the main driveshaft of the engine, the HP, however, after the gearbox near the rear axle (reardrive considered).

So, when a US-car is mentined with the performance of, lets say 200 BHP, that would be around 150 HP in Europe,
    and thats just an average value, which is even provided by an average low cost VW-car :)

8. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

My father's car is a Peugeot 406 2.2 SV 16V

160 HP, max speed is 214 Km/h

I don't have a picture scanned, but i found one on the internet... my car is the same colour (metalic green) the difference it that mine doesnt have those luggage carriers (??) on the roof.

This machine rulz :kruto:

Attached Files:

9. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

spaceb! is the same car of the french movie "TAXI"?

lol have u seen that movie? ROFL, great one, about cars and tunning, they even made a 2nd part, not so good.

In TAXI the driver is a crazy guy with a white 406 with tones of stuff.. alirons, amazing wheels, lead seats, dark windows... and the road-escenes are great! lots of cars... lovely :)

I remind a scene when the guy driving at full gas goes ahead of a great bike... just the oppositte as ussuall :)

well this is my treasure... my dream made true and my sword on the neck for the next 3 years ;D Mine is a more dark blue, but same wheels, 15 inchs 195.

and of course not so clean :D

Last edited: May 29, 2002
  10. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

hehehe i found the poster of the movie, this is the "basic" car... i'll try to found pics ogf the same 406 with all the tunning stuff

11. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i have a bike!
    well.. it goes up to around 0.6 HP:

[​IMG]

but im thinking about getting an upgrade to something more aerodynamic, that has about 2 HP:

[​IMG]

:dura:

12. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

lol nic... don't u think in more than 2 wheels???

for example.... 3?

this way u'll ride more than 5 meters without falling to the ground... or not :D

13. Apocalyps

Apocalyps Well-Known Member

God I wanna drive !
    I'm only 17 years and 1.5 months though, this means that I can get my learners license in 8.5 months :D !!! I allready know what car I'm getting , its a 2000 Opel Astra break (sounds werse than it is) it has nice alloys, metallic paint, great sound system and it has a 1.7 litre v4 diesel engine , which makes it really economical and it can still (easily) reach 160km/h.

greetz
    Apoc

14. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

I dont drive, BUT i got 3 snowmachines, and might get 2 more :p
    they are
    arctic cat jag 4000 1981 ((440cc with 42hp)) ((pic below))
    arctic cat lynx 1978 ((275cc with 22hp))
    polaris TX 175cc ((peice of shit :p ))

these im buyign soon :)
    John deer spitfire 440cc ((1980))
    John deer trailfire 340cc ((1979))

the below pic id of my beloved Jag 440 in mid april before I fixed it up :)

Attached Files:

15. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

In the last 5 years I've had 4 cars go by, well, yeah, lets say, (I'm not the one that drives em) my dad gets a new car from time to time... First car we had was a Mercedes-Benz E-250 D(iesel) (inline 5) sweet car, but underpowered for it's weight (according to my dad, I've got no driving experience, except for my bike and 2 wheeled rides), after that he got a BMW 525tds (inline 6), it was a great car too, and now it's an Audi A6 avant (inline 4) , sport wheels, 1.9TDi (6gears, funny driving around at 2600rp doing some 160kph) (but with specially customised intercooler and all that (some options)) about 340Nm, and all in all, you can have a 500hp car with only 250Nm, and the Nm that's what it's really at actually... And American cars, well I love those muscle cars and some other traits of American cars, but except for that I think European cars beat them easily... American cars WASTE gas, they often have a 5998cc engine only to scrape together 260hp (dunno if it's bhp or hp), and their nm isn't all that good either...

One thing I like in Belgium, are all the cars, we've got lotsa great cars driving around, and I see a Porsche 911 daily, M3, Z3, M5, all the great sporting cars you want, (town I live in consists of lotsa rich ppl). A common sight are the tuned ones, lotsa hard roars coz some morons were stupid enough to saw off half of their pipe, that's stupid, but I like the well executed tune ups. Lotsa tuned up cars too, incredible how many of them drive around over here...

greetz, Zembla

except for the audi we've got 2 golf's...

Last edited: May 29, 2002
  16. -nicae-

lol achtun :)

actually its 4 wheels, just like your car!

ermmm.. ok, kinda like your car ;)

[​IMG]

17. -nicae-

btw: im NOT that hottie riding the bike!

im the one trying to get my stick on (in?) her :dura:

18. -nicae-

as soon as i get a driver's license (in a couple of months i hope) ill get a black car, this model:

[​IMG]

i dont know about its power.. but for brazilians: its 1.8 :)

19. niles

niles Well-Known Member

Bicycles, people, ride bicycles!

I know how to drive. I have no driver's license. I haven't ever had a driver's license. I doubt I ever will. The only time I drive is when my friends are too drunk (and I am not) or if my employer tells me to, because I never tell my employer I hate automobiles - employers love to have a driver who is also a worker, costs less than having to hire a driver who is just a driver. That's not for me, they can fuck themselves, I like to read a book on my way to work, on the bus, or between jobs, while someone else drives the fucking thing..

I hate cars. I believe they are Satanic and will be the end of us way before nukes are! Fuck them all. What a useless excuse for people to get fat and lazy and take way too much energy for fat and lazy people. I say, make them walk or ride a bike and if they cannot walk or ride a bike, they are fat enough to eat.

I hear fat lazy people taste good, they need no basting and stay juicy until ready to be served.

However, I believe transport is important, trucks and trains and stuff and I do not dislike those vehicles, they bring the fat lazy people their corn, to get fatter on.

Think of the Heat Calories spent to keep one fat westerner alive! Just think!

I am proud to say, it takes less heat calories for me to get get around than it does, Joe Blow in his auto, from Kokomo.

20. -nicae-

my dad doesnt drive.

but i personally dont enjoy sitting at 5:55 AM every day (especially in the winter) to get a bus.
    here in brazil, i might have already missed it, and will be waiting for the next many many long minutes freezing at the bus stop. and i just watch those warm cozy cars go away.

sure, life would rule if they werent invented. but life adapted to cars, and i guess i have to survive in this world.

nham nham nham

never mind :)