u have a car?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by achtun, May 29, 2002.

?

What car u have?

1. A great one, up to 100 hp

24 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. My mom's car under 80 hp, not bad

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. A flintstones's car.. well.. actually older :D

15 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. I don't have a car

22 vote(s)
    26.2%
  5. Actually i don't drive

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

@niles.
    Just a couple of things to answer your post:
    1.- Haven't u ever heard about the sickness of obesity. It's not a problem of feeding nor lack of exercice. It's just a genetic problem (of course not in every case). This people needs a car, or a bus, or whatever they have to need. Who u think u are to generalize on (who knows if sick) fat people, calling them fat lazy people?. I don't mean to initiate a flame in here, of course, but i suggest you to think twice before saying something like that, coz u get in the same bag poor sick people with fat lazy people. Maybe they have problems u don't get to see.

2.- Haven't u ever tried a motorbike? Ride my bike at 160 km/h by a mountain road is the most orgasmic-like experience i've ever had (except orgasm itself :shuffle: )

2. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

@achtung thats right, the same from the TAXI movie... although mine is the latest design, year 2001... the one in the movie is the old 406.
    This car is really expensive, my dad had to pay 31.000 dollars, I think he is nuts anyway.

I really love Peugeot, and i really enjoyed watching this lions runing against Mercedes Benz in the film. :super:

@Apocalyps I got my first driver's licence (and to kill :D) since my 17s, now I am 21.

@nicaee how old are you? :D
    That VW is nice, I think Gol and Golf are also cool. What about a Chevrolet (Opel) Corsa?

:kruto:

3. truckk

truckk Well-Known Member

Hey nic, nice car. I have more info on that Parati 1.8

4 cilinders in line
    1781 (cm3) -> rounds 1800 -> 1.8 liter
    (cv/rpm) 99 / 5250
    Max torque (kgfm/rpm) 15,5/3000
    0 to 100 km/h (s) 11,7
    Top Speed (km/h) 179

You could ask for the 2.0 version

same 4 cilinders in line, but
    1985 (cm3)
    (cv/rpm) 112 / 5250
    Max torque (kgfm/rpm) 17,3/3000
    0 to 100 km/h (s) 10,7
    Top Speed (km/h) 190

Or even better the 1.0 Turbo version
    999 (cm3) [thats right, just 1 liter]
    (cv/rpm) 112 / 5500
    Max torque (kgfm/rpm) 15,8/2000
    0 to 100 km/h (s) 9,8
    Top Speed (km/h) 191

My dream is that Marea turbo!!! thats a car!

Last edited: May 30, 2002
  4. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Being a spoiled but hard-working American,I drive a 230HP Ford Mustang.Not a luxury car but fast unuff ;) Be sure that tho we 'Ami's' may seem spoiled to much the rest of the world,but,the common average American working man pays the price in hours spent on the job.Also many Americans have 4 yr college degree,as myself and have worked/studied very hard to attain such.Granted we here in USA have every opportunity to excell/compete,but competition is very high/strong.This great country affords much potential good lifestyle but a man MUST work very hard to attain. Capitalism does have its benefits-but the cost is high-tho the challenge is half the reward ;).
    Sorry if I've offended,I see how sensitive these international boards can be.Just relaying some honest info to my global mates.
    Peace, :cheers: By-Tor

5. Usling

Usling Well-Known Member

i have a Ford Fiesta for severall years (hey thats my 1st car) never had any trouble with it , drives like a gokart and never needed any repair , (i would do that myself anyway) it have 37kw/50 ps at 5500rpm ( stop laughin)
    my record is 182 kmh on the A2 (Hannover>Dortmund) hey thats not bad for 50ps
    but its more a car for citys , with only 25 ps more it would be wonderfull

My dream of a car is a Porsche GT3 or an Jaguar XJ220 ..
    never understand why ppl want a Ferrari when they can have a Porsche ..

-asgar

6. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Niles fat people are more tasty and nutritious that's right but beware of citizens of big cities because their meat is sour from pollution. Country folks should be alright though. I also heard that scaring people before cooking them makes their meat sweeter and more delicate (because of adrenaline in muscles).

As for the car I will never stop to regret that i sold my beloved friggin yellow tank - good old Russian Lada 1500 :D
    Man this was a lovely machine. Suspension propably designed for steppes and Siberian off-roads which made it "flowing" smoothly over the deepest holes of devastated Polish roads.
    The engine was designed for tough Russian winter and thanks to it during coldest winters here I was able to start it always while most of my motorized neighbors were going to work by bus :D
    Finally, what's most important this car was sturdy as an Il2 or T34. One time some idiot crashed into my rear while I was standing on traffic lights. His front was totally destroyed while my Yellow Tank (tm) had only a little bent bumper :) Or parking at my high school using hedge as a brake... Heh I loved that car :)

7. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

just a curiosity..... there in your country Ford fiesta is called Ford fiesta? LoL it's nice... "fiesta" means "party"... u know is the perfect car to go out to get drunk :)

Before this Golf i had a Opel Corsa 1.4i 65hp, not mine, it's my mother's car... i loved it, i went several times Madrid-Barcelona on it... But wind made me change the direction few times lol

Cya!

8. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

Looks like this one? :)

[​IMG]

9. Kari

Kari Well-Known Member

Yeah beerme, anything less than 300 CID is a go-cart :D

10. Kari

Kari Well-Known Member

Re: Be careful

Right you are doggun, almost. In the OLD days they used to spec BHP.
    My wife drives a very old car, so she has got BHPs, 325 of them.
    I have yet to see the lo-cost VW to outpower her. It would take around 250 Euro-HPs, right?

Old cars with 300+ HP are BHPs, new ones with only 200+ are the other kind.

11. Kari

Kari Well-Known Member

Sheesh guys, I got a mere 100HP, and prolly only part of them are still left.
    Top speed is around 50 kmh... what a banger!!!

Still, I can hardly wait for the vacation!
    Sun, scenery and the scent of a two-stoke oil, the Marine kind :)

12. Kottie

Kottie Well-Known Member

My car

First car was an "Opel Kadett B",
    2# "Opel Kadett C"
    3# "Opel Rekord C"
    4# "Fiat X19"
    5# "Opel Rekord D Coupe"
    6# "Mercedes 280 SE"
    7# "Mercedes 190 D"
    and this is the car I'm driving now:

The last one!

13. Prometeo

Prometeo Well-Known Member

I share a Skoda Felicia 1.3 SW with my sister,

[​IMG]

but my "real" vehicle is this:

[​IMG]

Best regards

:flyer: Prometeo
    JG13 Loki's Kinder - Hela Jasta

14. Prometeo

Prometeo Well-Known Member

Re: My car

Wow kottie: I had that car ! :super: :super: :super:
    Mine was 1.0S station wagon model, original orange coloured (minimun 1 hour waiting for passing any custom check point :D ).
    When i was 18-20 yo I've been all over europe with that ubercar (all Italy, Denmark, Holland, Germany etc.), even if at 110 kmh :D .
    I still cry when I think of her :( .

Best regards

Prometeo
    JG13 Loki's Kinder - Hela Jasta

Last edited: May 30, 2002
  15. niles

niles Well-Known Member

A retort!:Some ridicule, satire and barbed prose.

Allow me to quote me. I wasn't saying a word about the disease of obesity.

(disease? Yeah, sure, I guess you could say obesity is a disease...
    ME?:I would say it is a symptom of a couple other diseases: Gluttony and laziness... Who knows??
    Some say TO MAY TOE and some say TOE MAH TOE. Some say POE TAY TOE and some say POE TAH TOE... ding ding ding SPONG! Give the man a prize for ad hominem, tangental reasoning and PC drivel: first prize goes to: um I gotta look, oh nevermind...)

I was saying I don't prefer to contribute to the murder of my planet in this way. I help to murder it in other ways, but I have chosen not to do it with an automobile. My choice.

As far as diverting what I wrote into some PC crap about whether fat people (as opposed to fat, lazy people, which are in a different league entirely, than just regular fat people, (the un lazy kind of fat people - wait a minute, um, what did I just say?)) who aren't lazy are nice or not nice, worthy or unworthy, I couldn't care less. I will dance a jingle on the fat lazy guy's grave, if I should chose to, because he will wear out and die faster and harder than I (unless I am eaten by a sidehill gouger or a garbage dump bear anytime soon): poor, sad, sick, diseased unfortunates! Poor poor victims:
    (Victims of food and sloth?) Gimme a break here!

I said I didn't like cars.

I don't like automobiles.
    I like fat people fine.
    I don't like any lazy people!

And again, I don't like personal automobiles. Or fat lazy people who run them. No one fat and lazy walks and rides a bike. SO I ain't aying a thing about fat, lazy bicyclists or fat, lazy walkers, runners or skateboarders - Only fat lazy drivers!

Please don't confuse the issue here and make it look as if I have a broader target for ridicule than I actually have!

(What is the world's fastest animal?
    :dunno:
    A Somalian Chicken)
    :D

This message will be deleted after it is pasted up and offe :duel: nds some more PC thinkers. (Hey, I wonder how good left leaning PC thinking college puke tastes? Prolly too bitter.... Hey, what about if they are scared good? Like the guy above said you gotta do with a fat lazy person: Sweeter when kilt while scared???)
    :ass:

16. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

@niles
    Ok, i get the idea, and i'm sorry if something i said offended u. I also don't like lazy people (whether they are fat or not), but also think vehicles are nowadays a necessary thing.
    Ok, i agree that walking is a very good thing, but when a city like Mexico DF, which main street is about 40km long, i think that a car becomes (if not essential), really useful.
    And what do you say about the "loving" :UU: uses of a car. When you live at your parents's home, you can always trust in your little "love cave" to have some party :shuffle:

17. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

My first car was a Dyane 6, aaaahhhh, what a car, 600cc, 30hp, 0-100 in ....... (hey I never reached 100 km/h :D , just kidding, it reached 120 km/h.... and hearing that 600cc making an effort to reach that speed was.....mmm scary) It was nearly paper made, and that was the main reason for selling it, my father said that if I had an accident with it, my body parts would have to be recovered from the ground with a spoon, so he forced me to sell it :mad: .

Anyway, my second car was a Mercedes 190 E 2.3 and THAT is the machine :super: , In november an asshole collided me when we were arriving at a traffic jam, and he didn't saw it, so he couldn't brake in time..... anyway, my car had only some little damage, while his (a golf) was nearly destroyed :p , he crashed with me at 120km/h.

Now the time for some pics :D

18. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

That's a Mercedes 190, mine is white, and has a 2.3 engine, 130 hp, and reaches 200 km/h without problems :D

And here a pic of an old dyane 6, mine was in the same colour :super:

19. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

@prometeo

Do you really have a Ducati? Beatiful "macchina" :@prayer: ( I think it's written like that). A friend has one and says it's not very comfortable, is it true?
    Here i show you mine, an also beautiful (at least IMO) Honda NTV 650 Reveré. It's from 1995, and second-hand bought, but works really fine. I went to Jerez GP, 2050km travel in 3 days, and it gave me no mechanical problem.

20. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

@spaceb:
    cc its nice! :)
    i loved the new corsa, but this parati is my mom's, so i wont be buying a new car.
    my mom will stay with our old royale, which hasnt been succesful in being sold.

@truckk:
    thx for the info!
    but are you sure that isnt the new parati?