WBFH Full installer: 1.69 Beta

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Myg, Oct 31, 2011.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Is there a way a person can choose the sounds and help screen replacements?

2. jammyyy

jammyyy Member

im so glad to see WB FH still up and running my 403 Sqwade is dead but it fun times 90s ill be up and flying again like riding a bike i hope :)

3. sufi

sufi Active Member

there are a few Soundpacks for WB, and KeyHelper app. to replace ingame Helpscreens

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll look at those links.

Myg:I'm looking for the sound files for some of these things in the game. Some sounds are just plain hideous, annoying, and hardly descernable. Bomb drops, can't hear them except for some faint whistling, the hmack engine and gun firing is freaking obnoxious, and some aircraft like the F4F sounds I removed because they are just plain distracting like the stall sound, belly scrape sound, etc.

I think the original sounds should remain and let people change them later if they really need to. Same for the help screens that are glars maps. New people who install WBFH should just have the standard sounds and help screens till they are interested. I'm sure there is a quick install that can be made for those.

Keep up the good work guys!

5. marvis

marvis Member

Hi all,
    I'm trying Mygg's installer on my WIN Vista comp and I get a black screen when i try to enter the arena. What am i forgetting to do?

Thanks,
    Marvis

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

may be menu animation?

7. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

***.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Settings >
    Disable Disable Disable, somewhere in those is it, I think.
    The little pull down menus that come is fucked in later versions of vindows, so ya gotta make that little change I said, and Exec hinted.

8. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I'm thinking maybe the default video settings from the Myg installer are conflicting with your computer setup.
    Does it kick you back out as well, or does it just stay there, with the black screen? In your FreeHost Launcher, under the "options" menu I would check your "Warbirds Video Mode" setting and see if it's set to "software" or "direct3D". Should be set to "direct3D" and also check your video settings under the "settings" button on the main menu box for WarBirds3D. Should be.... "C:\iMagic Online\Warbirds\wbd3d.exe". Check what those settings are under the "video" tab. Should be 1024x768, but you also should note that this requires having the high-resolution artwork files for this to work. If you don't have those files, you'll need them from the downloads page, the http://www.wbfree.net/files/wb277r3full.exe full install.

Try loading again.

Also noticed the other night shoes was trying to log in as well and would log right back out again. I wish he would have logged into WBFHChat so we could help. Anyone else, post here with any issues. If we are in the arena, log into wbchat and say what the problem is and we'll work these problems out.

9. marvis

marvis Member

Ok, I unchecked things as suggested by Hezey and I no longer get a black screen. I can select fields but when I hit the drop down menu for planes the game freezes and i lose my mouse pointer.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance and thanks for the help guys,
    Marvis

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Try turning off the drop shadow and other effects under windows. Windows tries to create those effects in WB, and WB want's nothing to do with it. :D

11. drewdd

drewdd New Member

hey guys, i too get this black screen when loading the game. I removed my old warbirds through add/remove and installed this game package. i'v tried the hezeys suggestion, but no luck. im running win 7 64 bit. I also tried updating drivers, and the compatablity modes. :(

12. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

So is this thing legit or not? Running Windows 7 here too, but not gonna d'load and install unless I know it's gonna work.

I'll be seated and wait for my answer.

13. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

Downloaded and installed. No game play issues, and that's without making any adjustments to Win7 settings. I do get a memory exception error when I exit to the desktop, but it doesn't affect anything.

Just gotta go grab all the hi-res artwork and sounds. Thanks for defaulting Glars Maps. Nice touch. Thanks for all the hard work on this. As soon as I have time to map commands to my HOTAS setup, I'll be back up.

14. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Awesome! :D

15. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Excellent! You made no compatibility setting changes? That's groovy. I don't have the exception-on-exit error.

What I would like is the ability to use my rudder pedals, and not the stick's twist. Anyone have ideas on that that don't require hardware mods? My 5-minute understanding of the issue is that it isn't possible, that the client can't handle multiple input devices(not surprising). Wonder if that can be hacked...

At any rate, good to see a veteran such as yourself return :)

16. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

Hello pilots

Sorry, I'm new here :p

Never mind... solved!

Hope to see you soon...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  17. Myg

Myg FH Beta Tester

Guys im pulling my mirror for this; Since its now outdated. As some of you might know, this installation included the project file for inno setup. So you can easily update it to 1.70 at your communities whim.

I will delete it later this evening GMT, maybe around 10 or so.

So make sure you have archived it for later use (if you wish to make an installer).

18. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

Warbirds will rise again!

The installer is great work and paramount to restoring FH to the Glory Days of 50-60 players fighting to the death.

I will start working on a Air Combat website to spotlight FH so we can show the world the best dam air combat flight sim ever developed!

Flygav

19. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

The download link is not working. Anyone have a link to the .exe?

20. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant