1,5 million people in air race Istanbul !

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by gursah, Aug 4, 2006.

1. gursah

gursah Well-Known Member

That was fantastic !

1.5 million spectators crowded the banks of the Golden Horn estuary in Istanbul, Turkey to watch American pilot, Kirby Chambliss win the Red Bull Air Race for the third time this season.

Flying at speeds of more than 400kph, the world?s best pilots were racing against the clock in a bid to win points in the fifth leg of the international series. Chambliss currently has the overall lead with a total of 22 points in the World Series standings.

The next race takes place in on the River Danube in Budapest, Hungary on 20th August.

http://www.redbullairrace.com

2. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

We get that on sunday TV ;) they hectik fuckers mate, wish i could be doin that :) I think it comes to Oz each year, might have to make a trip to see it :)

3. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

reno is in a month.
    twice as fast, but not on TV...

4. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Redd Bull Air Race is the F-1, Reno is the NASCAR.

1 person likes this.
  5. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

They are coming to Perth in November.....would be awesome to go over and watch.

6. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Reno has a number of racing classes, one of which happens to be Formula One (100 HP Continental O-200 engines & about 25% faster than F-1 cars).
    Most of the regular favorites are gone from the scene this year, so its a lot more up in the air than normal.

7. gonads

gonads Well-Known Member

I'm planning to go over to Perth in November to watch the racing with my Hungarian fiancee. It'll be part of our honeymoon. I'll be supporting Peter Besenyei since there'll be no Aussies!!

8. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    In my country there aren't any air races that I know of.
    If you want a thrill you have to head to Toronto for Canada Day [Dominion Day - July 1] and watch as Royal Canadian Air Farce jets crash into lake Ontario.
    Every year the RCAF crash a plane into Lake Ontario to entertain Canadians.
    Oh, I forgot:
    A massive rescue effort by Armed Forces planes in the steep mountains of British Columbia. There was a lost bunny in trouble. he was rescued in a dramatic effort and taken to the Federal Bunny Shelter.
    Local hippies have demanded the government pay compensation to the bunnies.
    And bears keep using bunnies for toilet paper.
    NOT FAIR.

We should have fuckin Air Races over Vancouver Harbour. We could call them the Rain-o Air Races.

Bunnies are used to keep the grass cut on many grass airfields in countries where sheep are taboo due to the attractive pink vaginas they have just after lambing season and their twice yearly dip and cut.