109G cockpit

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hemuli, Apr 8, 2003.

1. hemuli

hemuli Well-Known Member

I just downloaded the 109G cockpit. For some reason the G-6 uses the same cockpit than the G-2. Can this be changed? Iґd like to use the correct cockpit for the G-2 and G-6. Do they read only 1 version and you have to choose false to one or the other?

[​IMG]

MT-492 (of model G-6, Werker Nummer 166118) of LeLv 30 stationed at Kymi in 1944.

hemppa

2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

G6 had both Erla production hoods (above) and old ones.

[​IMG]
    109G-6 W. Nr. 411777

Last edited: Apr 8, 2003
  3. hemuli

hemuli Well-Known Member

Yes and Iґd like to use the "Erla haube" in the G-6 and the older version in G-2. But is that possible?

hemuli, the flying Moomin caracter...

4. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

No personal wishings pls! Its not X-mas. ;)

IMHO its better for gamebalance, that only G-14 and K-4 have a slightly improved sixview.

But as I see, even the early cockpit in Illo's pic has amored glas instead of metal behind the pilots head.
    But I think this detail is ok to ignore, compared with other (false) cockpits we have in WB.

BTW: Illo, that 109 looks like one, thats still flying in Germany. ;)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2003
  5. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

ok... say whatever U want but pls not that :)
    La7, Yak, P39, P38, P51 vs 'slightly improved' sixview of 109g2 would mess game balance?
    oh come on... :)

6. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Yea and dont forget the f4u cocpit. I dont know why the plane that has the worst reputiation about foward visibility has one of the best :confused: .
    Btw is it possibe to make all the cocpits like in i16 to imitate the head movment in kokpit to gain a better visibilty? I know that i16 has a oppened canopy but even in closed cocpits a pilot could have a nice back view . See how its done in Aces high. In almost every plane it is posible to set head position for a good back view.

7. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

as the war goes on, G6's should have an Erla Haube canopy adopted...
    although, in WB difference in six view certainly isn't so visible as it was in RL, it could help a bit...and wouldn't mess so called "balance"...

PS. if me262 or dora would have been even 3/4 as good as they were in reality it wouldn't be "balance friendly", so that's why these are so messed up mainly?

8. hemuli

hemuli Well-Known Member

A slightly better 6-view is a small balance in this game made by the RED for the RED to be won by the RED. :D

9. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

Stupid, even with :D . Bf109 already got a better sixview than it had in RL (compare to Hurri i.e.). Why U all concentrate this much to a thing that isn't definitly as worse as complained here. :mad:

Pls stop this discussing about tiny details untill major mistakes are fixed. First there have to be new cockpits for new planes, then fix existing ones from most worse to less (including I-16, where I can see no reason for 'improved headturning' over all others). All cockpits hardly can be fixed, cause this means some years of work. To start on Bf109 IMHO would be at least in 1 1/2 year +- 'two weeks'.

It has windows, it has a gunsight, what else do U need to fight? :eek: ;)

10. hemuli

hemuli Well-Known Member

BOLLOCKS! :p

How do I know this? Because I sat in THAT Bf109G-6:

[​IMG]

For 15 minutes with the cockpit closed...

hemuli

11. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

Yeah? With fasted seatbelt? And why U skipped 'compared to Hurri'? Did U sit in a Hurri too? :rolleyes:

12. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

LOL, you 2 are funny :D

Go play IL2 (either one) 6 view is modelled almost accuratly there in that you can't look directly backwards like you can in Warbirds.

I've yet to meet someone who can turn there head 180 degrees horizontal (look back) or 135 degrees vertical (look back & up) like we can in FH.

When I'm playing IL2 I keep finding myself turning my own head when I'm trying to look back because it's so bloody difficult.

Mal

13. Cicero

Cicero FH Designer

Yep, U are right! But that leads us back to a topic which was often spoken about.

Maybe Back- and Back/Up-Views could be taken out completly. IMHO it should be possable. i.e. if U are in bombroom of B17, U can look there to the left and even up ([4] and [8]). In other bombers this is disabled. It could be done by fixing ALL cockpitfiles, which is not my advice, due to its a lot of work and second, there could be still remain 'old' cockpits, so this unable to realize I think.

I dunno, if this could be solved by changing program structure... :dunno:

14. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

tell the mech i want him to install the mirrors!

15. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Aha! I was waiting for someone to mention that :nono: :nono:

I think that they should take out the rear view function, but also include use of the mirrors installed on the aircraft..... check this image out....mirror? ;)

But, like what was said, it's probably more important to tackle the more important problems....like the aircraft performances. But, still I'll put up a picture. :dura:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  16. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi, i am ledada and i am gold

since i realized that i am trapped in a game, which is meant to degrade golds, i suffered a lot...
    but then i thought to myself: "gee, you are not green or purple, and even if you will stay lower than reds, you can do something... " and i joined the anonymous golds !
    it's a great help, i have a guardian, an experienced old gold (he is said to have had a streak of 7 once!), who told me that he had been so down by red-ubers, that he crawled in a jeep to red fields and offered to clean their wheels...
    i can stay for more than 3 hours in arena now without crying, i learned to use a towel to keep the sweat away from potentiometers of my stick and i have a hi-streak of 3! i know, i am only gold, but i have found other golds and we use to fly rotte now to die in pairs - so, of course it is a red world here with no chance to win a single war, but, fellowers in gold, always remember:
    could be worse, could be green!

ps:
    hemuli, could you send me a better photo?

[​IMG]

pps:
    dear developers, could you help me to get a streak of 4? and let me use a 109 with a slight better 6-view (i am 1,87m and i am used to sit on a pillow)