25% fuel WTG!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by RayV, Oct 25, 2002.

1. RayV

RayV Well-Known Member

Well..this is getting boring... no fuel to do something...on both sides. :zzz:
    Plz stop this and capture fields as it is supposed to be.
    This is reduceing the fun to minimum. :(

WTG :zzz:

2. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

Well as I can remember golds were ones that started that.

:cheers:

long lives beer

Last edited: Oct 26, 2002
  3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

fuel restrikt in rgreats favorite map just doesnt work! one sortie is all thats needed to restrict whole map and take fun away. in bigger maps its ok.

4. wabwab

wabwab Well-Known Member

oh man this is very very bad, collision off, fuel down, rdr down and next thing do be down?
    maybe planes with only 1 wing?
    this is not good bring it all back up and switch colli on pls.:director: :director: :director: :director: :director: :director:

5. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

On bigger maps it's even worse. You only have to hit two or three fields to completely blank out a huge area. In this you can muster up a very short sortie on 25% fuel, in medrl2, due to the increased ranges, you can't do anything on fuel restrict.

6. daedal

daedal Well-Known Member

Yes you can - make streak of 6.

or

fly medium altitude missions with throttle set to economical 75%

I have never felt like grounded due to the fuel restriction on any map.

P.S.

I miss the collisions very bad. Planes now are literary bits of binary code nothing else, like fog.

7. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

1st: The 25% is no real problem, because we have planes with extreme low fuel consumption.

A Me410 with 25% fuel can fly 45 minutes at 100%.
    Planes like the He177 or G4M are also reknowned for their low fuel consumption.

But I am asking myself why in this little quake-arena-map the close-times are set to 3000 while in the best map - the large map (the one with f4 Berlin) - the times are set to 2000.

It should be changed. In small maps, like the actual quake-map, the times should be reduced while in the big one they should be brought back to 3000.

Or at least the bombingeffects of economic targets (factories, cities, reffineries) on the large map should be raised - so we get a 2000+time of economic warfare.

8. RayV

RayV Well-Known Member

Ok...so it's bug?

Well, all fly gold planes, LOL... less fuel consuming on zero and ki fighters too.
    Any on red consuming less fuel?

To keep economics up we can sell the reds some gold planes :D

So, maybe update will come very soon.. that's why admins haven't fixed it yet? Hope so :)

:@popcorn:

9. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Try Mosquito,P-38,P-51,Yak-9D (in order by endurance)

10. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

THAT's IDIOTIC!!! STOP THIS CRETINISM AND LET US FLY FUEL-CONSUMING PLANES!!!

11. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

i think its good idea to make fuel low

my imagin is S=25% , M=33%, B=40% standard (depends of map - maps are different )

sure - large maps contains long distances between fields should be little modified , for example S=33%, M=40%, B=60% or even more

current map is "close" map (shit map IMHO), so 25% for small fields is good enough

also ACKS and BUILLDINGS - shouldn be killed for 3k. 2k is tested and looks great for acks. There are no lame CAP's. Also fuel - 2k max, rdr, statics, radios...

WHY LOW FUEL LEVEL IS GOOD ?

1st : makes dropping throttle in level-way- flight more sense (what is realistic and VERY FUNNY)

2nd: decreases "kamikaze flying syndrom" and shows better differences between "good players' and "great players", after streak 6+ fuel problem is solved ;)

and i'm saying this after 2 days of flight. In the beginning i was pissed of well, but every next sortie i start to like fuel limit more :)
    Its good.

12. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

@bart: I think nobody has forbidden fuel-consuming planes, they just consume more fuel :D so it would be "idiotic" to choose one when fuel restriction is on :D , but you can do it

13. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

fields are shit too
    current map
    medium field (undamaged) can be closed by 2 veteran heavies
    this is very bad
    and server is malfunction now, since 3 days closing fields mean destroy.. only hangar (small fields) ! LoL

since last 3 days i saw only 1 time alived acks in small field (f4), most FUNNY was - i lost 2 lives trying to kill something! Drop 2 bombs and fire 2 21cm rox - some bug, i hit well as usual but my targets was UNBREAKABLE :) And ".field" command says everything except hangar was destroyed. So i start dive happy aiming hangar... and damn what a shit every ack shoot my plane wrr total surprise !!!!! Huh i got nice 40mm directly in cockpit :kruto: (oh it was painful :flyer: )

So after that somehow f4 was "closed" ... FOREVER :) Even restart cant alive this field, and start to be second century's closed airfield (f20 was closed totally one day ago)

oh i forgot : "cap enable = 0" f4 + f20 :cheers:

have to say : host need seroius medical help :UU: :help: :deal:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2002
  14. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Host also needs change of map and settings in TA first for stefan's and klinok's scenario, then for my event. Unfortunately that doesn't bother admins too much.

15. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    [deleted by biles]

[deleted by biles]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2002