$$$

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by fatale, Dec 16, 2005.

1. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

P-38L- $115.000
    P-51D- $54.000
    P-39Q- $46.000
    P-40E- $45.000
    P-63E- $48.000
    P-47D- $85.000
    P-61C-$170.000
    A-36A- $49.000

B-25B- $96.000
    B-24D- $336.000
    B-26G- $227.000
    B-17G-$276.000
    B-29- $639.000
    A-20G-$74.000
    DH-98- $100.000

C-47D- $138.000
    OA-10- $50.000

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
    1 person likes this.
  2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Almost dirt-cheap if ya just think of what today's military hardware costs. Currently the F-22 is rated at anywhere from 80 to 140 million bucks IIRC. ;)

3. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I wonder what the average day's pay for, say, a British Coal Miner was in, say, 1942...
    All this stuff had to be paid for: Treasure and taxes.

P-38
    (U.S. $) $115000.00 in 1940 =
    (U.S. $) $12,105,263.00 in 2000

from http://oregonstate.edu/Dept/pol_sci/fac/sahr/cv2000.pdf

Approximately 15000 P47s were made. When there is a huge production run, price of a thing tends to lessen.

I don't know if high tech weapons now are any more or less than they were way back when. See, the USA was building weapons in high volume, so they were less costly than the limited runs weapons are made in now. How many F-22s have been made? What would they cost after a production run of 15,000+ ?

[I think the table I found was the wrong one to make any sort of point here. It is cunsumer price indexing and there isn't any mention of inflation see this:
    http://eh.net/hmit/compare/ it is different.
    see also:
    http://www.aier.org/cgi-aier/colcalculator.cgi
    I wonder. When I was 17 years old, I moved from home and did my own shopping. I could buy 10 loaves of whole wheat bread for ONE dollar. Now it costs me TWO dollars for ONE loaf. I dunno where these fuckers get their numbers. Well, I DO know, they gather them from STATISTICS, which is Just Another Way To Tell Lies. The thing says a dollar in 1944 is worth about a TENTH of what a dollar is now. So, if a dollar gets me 1/2 of a loaf of bread NOW, it would have gotten me 2 loaves in 1944? I dunno about that..... I really dunno. My grandad says he got about 15 cents (Canadian) an hour in wartime....]

4. Red Ant

5. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    ...Designed to ensure America?s air dominance for years to come, the F-22A will ensure U.S. joint forces? freedom from attack and freedom to attack, even as adversaries continue to advance their weapons and technologies, officials said....

Seems the USA's enemies are men and women who suicide bomb and hijack airliners and use car bombs.
    Maybe the F22 is similar to the huge fleet of battleships the USA built before ww2 and was shown redundant by air power....
    I dunno
    Here, we have many many mosquitos. Big problems with mosquitos in canada, long summer daylight makes em breed like crazy in the summer and they are huge and there are many of them.
    I couold go get one of those things that goes Bzzzzzzt and flashes blue at night so I can laugh and say "High tech ZAP you little motherfuckers!"
    Or I could pay some tax and some guys go into our many local upwind swamps and spray.
    I don't HAVE one of those things that flashes blue at night.
    But I see them guys out with back packs sprayin every spring time.

6. Red Ant

Well just because America doesn't have any obvious competitors in the skies NOW doesn't mean it'll still be that way in 10 years. The world moves on, and the Chinese and Russians aren't exactly sleeping either, and once you're out of the loop it's pretty hard to catch up again.

7. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

cc- I do support the Chineses... not because I do think they're right... but solely because I do think Uncle Sam goes wicked in mind, when he's left alone with it's toys.

8. Red Ant

And you see the Chinese as noble knights whose mission is to save the world from America's imperial ambitions? :p If anything, you should be afraid of what happens if THEY get too powerful without a serious change in attitude.

9. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

No- their role is to discomfort the Americans in their feeling they're "the choosen ones"
    As for someone flying an american banner (although being an european... by birth at least) this should be clearly understandible
    (Soll ich dass Ganze ins Deutsch uebersetzen? ;) )

10. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    I don't see the 'Add To Cart' option.

You dissapoint me.

:shuffle:

11. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

these are the cost prices in ww2 :)

12. Red Ant

Well, I'm more comfortable with America in that role anyway. If the Chinese ever attain a similar position of strength, you'll be wishing they were Americans. ;)

13. Red Ant

LOL, oh that would be so good. If only the pricing wasn't so hefty! :p

14. JTiger

JTiger Well-Known Member

My grandpa should stolen some airplanes in WWII ... maybe now we're rich ...

Today I was seying the "biggest guilliotine in the world" ... she is used to tear down unused airplanes of united states ( and many warbirds where cut ) ... WHY THEY DIDN'T GAVE TO ME AT LEAST ONE OR TWO !??

15. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

Getting home alive - priceless

1 person likes this.
  16. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

:)

Attached Files:

17. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Why the hell Typhoons and Rafales are so expensive? Seems nothing extraordinary with those planes except price.

18. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

What the frig are you talking about chosen ones? Hey America is on this Earth doing its part and playing its role! It is easy for others to criticise when they stand in the background making peanut comments. Anyhow most everything sold in America is made in China. What is it with you folks? Big brother Russia lets you loose (your home land frog) and now America is the worlds Problem. If anything America stabilizes the playing ground. Again my America so easy to dislike and detest until the shit hits the fan somewhere, Then it is like, Hey where are you we need you! Please help. remember the boy who cried wolf? The moral of that story works even with Countries.

19. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

Poland, the chosen to change a lightbulb ones

20. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member