3x20mm - wing blows up

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by RedBull, Sep 8, 2005.

1. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

Maybe not real bug, but very badly set gunnery or DM. Long time this feature persist, noone fix.

Its very unlikely your wing would blows up after 2 or 3x 20mm hit. So few hits cant make so hvy structural damage for blowing whole wing. Its very embarrassing when in NOover-G situation your wings blows, no matter if its Spitfire or Beaufighter.

Someone says, in wing can explode gun after hit. I dont know if this feature is set in DM, but e.g. in Beaufinghter example it doesnt make sense.

Large number of these "accidents" reassuring me this is bad gunnery or DM set and should be fix.

2. andrei

andrei Well-Known Member

.gunstat

3. Gunther

Gunther Well-Known Member

Last night I was flying Bf109f4 and the engine was killed by 8x7mm from a I153.
    Another sortie flying in Bf110 the pilot armour was gone by 1x7mm Shvak

4. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

shvak is 20mm ;)

5. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

7mm russian guns are stupidly powerfull, and still no one here can say db3f, pe8, pe2, and b25 auttos are just ridiculously dead on with crazy accuracy and rate of fire, get to d5 and you can bet that pe2 diving at 500km/h doing crazy manoovers will still put 80x7mm 60x12 or so in you in a second.

As far as DM, several books I have read are confirming a few 20mm hits are all it would take. But why complaining for red planes? Beufighter? You are packing the most powerfull cannon in FH "hispano" with hundreds of rounds of hispano in the nose to spray at will. All of this availible from very early war.

If mg151/20 was half as powerfull, i would be alot more happy. But I think alot of our bitching does come from these bullshit low dmg kills that take vital parts of your plane away so you are to weak to even escape. 1x20mm from beufighter at d8 into 109 is like, pk, engine dead, no wing, elevator gone, stabs over g'ing blah blah blah. Its ridiculous

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i'll be happy the day you criticize a bit 110G2, or G4M ottos, or 109K4 spray-machine....

1 person likes this.
  7. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

I think this sim needs more neo-nazis, for realism

8. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

broz

110g2- slow, manoover isnt any better than beufighter, autto sucks, weak armor, 30mm has poor ballistics. Maybe just dont be AFK. Its not even near as lethal as a typhoon/tempest/beufighter....If you can turn, a 110g2 isnt even really a threat unless your a buff.

109k4- SPRAY MACHINE!? What the fuck would you call a tempest/typhoon/beufighter? Even i153, I think those all qualify as "spray machines". Last I checked, 60 fast firing rounds of poor ballistic 30mm doesnt really qualify. Ammo load allows for 1 maybe...MAYBE 2 kills if you truely spray.....oooohhhhh, be very afraid.

g4m- weak armor, auttos still not as good as pe2/b25. If you disagree, wanna go TA and fly b25 vs g4m? pe2 vs g4m? I guarentie there is a very unfair autto setting.

9. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

i love the 110g2, it may be my favorite gold fighter to fly & it turns quite well & is reasonably swift. I've been called 'cheater' by dead spit drivers many times in this plane...as for G4m, I think otto has some trouble using the low velocity cannon, but fast & great climb for a buff. It would be more significant if it had a mixed load like the Pe-2. Using 3-4 x 50 to put down the small field hangar for near minimum time is less than perfect

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

for once i agree with Roland. And 1-2 kills are enough for sprayers in 109K4. And enough for a decent pilot to loose his streak...

11. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Ok, so at best, golds have 2 good sprayers.

Now, take our 2, and divide it by all hispano equiped aircraft "other than d520". spitfire, typhoon, beufighter,tempest,hurricane.

Golds have 40% the amount of aircraft that are capable of turning the best pilots into dead ones.

If you gave me the option of poor balistic 30mm that as of 1.64 took atleast 2-4 hits to bring down most fighters. As opposed to the 1x20mm hispano that often over g's vital parts, or blows off vital parts in one hit from d8.

60 rounds 109k4- poor balistics, takes 2+ hits, kills at about d3
    200-800 rounds typhoon, tempest, beufighter,spitfire- hispano great ballistics, takes 1 hit 50% of the time. kills about d8

do you not see the difference?

12. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i see you're exagerating, as usual.
    And you know it

Anyway, you won't change your mind, so it's ok :cheers:

13. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

i cant change my mind you cant admit your wrong?

The 109k4 was an interceptor, it does its job. No bomb loads, short time in air. 60 rounds of truely lethal ammo.

typhoon, fast, long time in air, carrys bombs and rockets, 800 rounds of lethal ammo......hmm...yhea, your right, we got the advantage.

14. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

i didn't say anybody had the advantage. But you help my statement. Typhoon, long time in air, so huge loads of ammo, so sprayers' plane. But 60 rounds of 109k4 (lethal as you say they are), are enough for an average sprayer to get 1-2 kills.
    And that's what i said....

15. Gunther

Bf110, Ju88 ottos never function, they are useless, so weak and doesn't matter wich settings you'd made in it.
    It's awful to know I153 and others red planes are so stable to shot, has a amazing accuracity. A I153 can easily get hits at d6 and do hard damage in gold planes.

I've been killed in 110's by PK. I think his armour has been changed. It used to had 8mm steel hardened armour behind pilot and 6mm one on the floor. How it can be possible to loose armour pilot with 7mm hits? Anyone here know with hardness a hardened steel plate is?

16. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

mhhh, let me guess... and that I153 kills you from d6 with 4x7, right?

17. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

happens all the time :)

18. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

19. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

once again
    typhoon has 560 rounds

20. Gunther

Thats right. Armour pilot destroyed by 1x7mm shkas and flying in a bf109 4x7mm kill the engine. Its amazing in other flight I was in 110f d2 d1 from a I153 all guns firing at least 8x20mm hit the fly and nothing happens