A crappy connection - too many clients.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by itayky, Aug 9, 2001.

1. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

This message is for FH admins and anyone else that suffer from the same problem.

Although I appreatiate FH admins hard work and no charge play I must say that its time to upgrade the servers.

Those servers are more than ready to handle about 50 - 40 clients online at the same time but when it comes to 70 - 90 clients there is no free bandwidth for everybody that makes the game unplayable for all clients.. or atlist most of them and that includes me [​IMG].

I havent been able to fly in FH for a week or so and each time i try i get the Green - Yellow - Red - Yellow - Green.

Please do something to make it better so i can again fly in the best Warbirds server of all.

Thank you.
    Itayky.

[This message has been edited by itayky (edited 10 August 2001).]

2. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Unfortunately we'll have to give away the current server, dual PIII/1000, to our client in a few days... Now FH server plays a rolew of an "Extreme Burnout Testing" for our client.

We have a pair of PIII/550 now, that will be able to handle at least 200 players at a time, but we suffer a strange MB malfunction now...

Genry spent $100 to donate a second CPU for a server, and we are looking for a probable substitute for an MB for reasonable cost now.

If we'll be unable to get a dual-CPU system in a week - we'll have to restrict the server for no more then 60-80 players.

As for the channel bandwidth - we'll have to get used to what we have now. A bandwidth upgrade will cost a sum of money that noone of the enthusiasts can afford. So far the problems are on client's side, because we can't assure an ideal connection for everyone. Our "connectivity" is actually better then iENenemy's. It's up to you to improve your personal connections - try to install more proxies in your neighbourhood.

------------------

With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    wb:boroda
    Commissar 25th IAP VVS

3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

imo the connection problem is local. i was having trouble here too, thinking it was FH, but it was my ISP, and all is fine now.
    blame your ISP or the internet linker.

about the CPU stuff.. man that stinks [​IMG]
    but whats a MB? [​IMG]

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I`m this way for years!

How can I install proxy in the neibherhood? How does it help?

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Contact me or Farid via ICQ