Amazing Modles....

Discussion in 'RC Models' started by Allsop, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I live in an area where my house is about 100-120 feet up over a large flat filled with dozens of soccer fields parks and farms. And so quiet regularly I see people making flights with their r/c planes or cruizing their r/c cars.

Yesterday I saw the coolest thing! It had to have been 1/8 or 1/5 scale modles cause the wing spans were atleast 5-8 feet wide! But these two older looking men came to the field and I instantly recognized the sound of hobby engines firing up so I went outside to take a look....They had modles of a p51d and a fw190! They were massive! After take off and what seemed to be them getting their radios dialed in they started doing what seemed like a safe spaced dog fight "like follow the leader" then would switch roles....Then they landed, waited and did 2 more flights.......It was pritty awesome, I can only imagine that they had well over 3k dollars american in equipment on that field and that they were skilled enough they never so much as stuttered in manoovers or landings where normally I would see the owners pack up their wreckage and go home.....Very cool :)

2. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing modles, how sweet the sound

[​IMG]