Arena Balance

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tipiss, Feb 18, 2002.

1. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

First of all, this is not to discuss what side has the best plane, and otto's and bla bla bla bla bla bla... Moderators if you see anybody speaking about the planes, plz delete the reply.

This thread is to try to find a solution for RED and GOLD ratio! That subject was brought up when somebody (I don't remember who started the topic) tried to balance the squad's based on which colour they flew for each TOD, it looked good on paper but since then it seems that reds are outumbered almost 90% of the time!!! We have to do someting, the gameplay isn't very fun lately!!! The game is not about talent, you can be the best pilot but when their is 10 cons on your butt, well your a dead!

If anybody has solutions plz post them. My squad will fly red again this TOD, just to try to make a little difference, but with a squad of only 3 regular members I don't think it will make a lot of difference. So to you the Big squad's look if you could skip a gold TOD to see if it would make a difference.

Thx

2. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

There are 2 kinds of squadrons in the arena.

1. like the KG51 squadrons which dont switch the side. KG51 or AFVS or JG76 fly only for GOLD, ELITE only for Red and so on.

2. Squadrons which switch the side from TOD to TOD.

So it would be maybe a good idea, if these switching squads could coordinate their switching for a better balance.

3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

Moderators if you see anybody speaking about the planes, plz delete the reply.

sry, i dont think i can do that :)

about the topic:
    i agree, golds are outnumbering.. BUT. IMHO we should check out next ToD, and maybe 3 ToDs from now. by my experience, i have noticed that outnumbering works R, G, R, G. if its not like that, it should be around R, G, G, R, G, G... or something like that.
    so lets see if golds outnumber again next ToD before any *drastic* measures.

Squad organizing could be nice, but it is much more complex. some squads stay 2 ToDs on each side, some 2 gold, 1 red. some 3 red, 1 gold. if it could be done.. hurray! :) i hate having to fight with golds for a con, as well as having to fight against 5 golds.

btw: is GCVG going to be 2 G, 1 R now? :deal:

4. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

I agree, it won't be solved for the next TOD. Maybe we should ask again for wich side every squad is flying (if I could only find the topic that talked about that). I know that JG13 is flying gold next TOD, they do 2red and 2 golds.. .maybe they could skip on gold and fly red, it wouldn't hurt to see what would be the impact on balance.

5. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

i'm sorry tipiss, but after some try (even if i like allied planes) JG13 choosed to fly 3 TOD gold / 1 TOD red..

If needed we could change some of your main sorties from gold to red side...but i don't think that all will enjoy

6. -nicae-

well GCVG is 1/1, not 2/1 as i mentioned

JG13 gold again? wow.. so that makes:
    GCVG, JG13, 302nd, 1st CZ, and only shad as red.

is jg69 going to be gold too? :eek:

7. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

Well the way it's going, the majority of squad's will fly mainly gold... what is it gonna be, Elite is gonna be the only red squad??? I'm so hangry at this that becoming a only red squad is becoming a reality, even if I love flying gold planes I just don't have fun flying when the other side has a lot less pilots!!!

FH is great, it's just that I won't play for stats when flying red I guess.

8. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

Well, Napierdalator does 95% of missions for reds, if that's of any help ;)

Actually, we have only 2 pilots and the other one shows up twice a month, but we're doing our best :D

Remember golds ! If u see P-39, slow down and fly straight and low, cos that may be me inside and i would like to hit ya ;)

9. --ph--

--ph-- FH Webmaster

Btw, now you can view how side balanced is arena even in your work hours by visiting FH web site.

10. HoHun

HoHun FH Beta Tester

Hi PH,

>Btw, now you can view how side balanced is arena even in your work hours by visiting FH web site.

Nice feature! How about a special display logging the balance every 2 hours or something so that one can see how it changes? That would make a discussion of balance problems much more scientific :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

11. -nicae-

wtg again! :)

Remember golds ! If u see P-39, slow down and fly straight and low, cos that may be me inside and i would like to hit ya

if you can... :p :dark:

12. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

I said (wrote) I would like to , so just fly low, slow and don't wobble and I might finally hit :turret: (but not for sure), so u still have a chance... ;)

13. -nicae-